Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DEI

Default DEI

I am contemplating if should I play with DEI or not.
    I read about pros and cons, but I should say that I am enjoying vanilla version.
    Another question is will other mods work with DEI, such as champloo units or building cards?

Cheers for help

Default Re: DEI

I am not sure how good DEI is but I think Radious is better. My DEI doesn't work for some reason, can't load campaign. Gets stuck at end of loading line almost. Radious is almost like vanilla but more units etc.

Armazd's Avatar Libertus

DEI is one of the best mod which i played
    a lot of change and very nice unit design and very hard AI
    it is worth to try

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

There are cons with DeI?

If you enjoy vanilla, I don't think DeI is for you.

Quote Originally Posted by CERBERUSCLH View Post
    I am not sure how good DEI is but I think Radious is better. My DEI doesn't work for some reason, can't load campaign. Gets stuck at end of loading line almost. Radious is almost like vanilla but more units etc.
    How can you think that radious is better than DEI if you've never ever played it? And have you asked on the forum? Steam version or standalone version?

On topic: DEI is actually the reason that I even play Rome 2. Couldn't imagine playing without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reisdal View Post
    How can you think that radious is better than DEI if you've never ever played it? And have you asked on the forum? Steam version or standalone version?

On topic: DEI is actually the reason that I even play Rome 2. Couldn't imagine playing without it.
    Exactly!

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

it's the only mod for now that keeps me playing rome2.i see not mutch cons only pro's
    so yea you should try it,together with GEM,beter particles mod and aztecs lighting mod.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by CERBERUSCLH View Post
    I am not sure how good DEI is but I think Radious is better.
    That, my dear, is objective and personal taste. In your opinion, in other words. I would say Radious mods are not for me. Winderful and pretty as they are, I prefer a much slower and realistic experience instead of a fast and fantasy one. Each to their own.

To answer the original question; DEI is very good. So is R2TR. In my opinion, of course, and how I prefer to play. In DEI you will find many campaign and unit changes. Slower and much and harder progress. Less rushing and fantasy units. So if you like a detailed, slower campaign and slower, realistic battles (certainly more so than vanilla), then give DEI a try. It is jolly good and you will see the amount of work and effort the DEI team put into it.

I'll finish my campaign with Baktria and give it a try.
    Does DeI supports all the campaigns or only the grand campaign? As well I saw that there are some factions that you can play in custom battles but cannot play in grand campaign such as Judea, is that right or it's just mine stupidity?

Another question is that I saw in Steam workshop that besides DeI there is also numerous other mods such as 12 turns per year, 4 turns per year and some graphic mods for Dei, are they needed in order to play or they are there for funsies?
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; January 17, 2015 at 02:40 PM. Reason: dp/merged

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by malkindav View Post
    I'll finish my campaign with Baktria and give it a try.
    Does DeI supports all the campaigns or only the grand campaign? As well I saw that there are some factions that you can play in custom battles but cannot play in grand campaign such as Judea, is that right or it's just mine stupidity?
    DeI is aimed at the grand campaign but the mini campaigns are playable because many aspects of the mod have already been added to them. Factions are locked by DLCs and Judea has never been a playable faction in the game

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Another question is that I saw in Steam workshop that besides DeI there is also numerous other mods such as 12 turns per year, 4 turns per year and some graphic mods for Dei, are they needed in order to play or they are there for funsies?
    No submods are needed to play this mod. But let me recommend you to download this mod and any other DeI related submod from TW. The mod is 4 tpy from the beginning.

Krixux's Avatar Ordinarius

If don't play DeI then you never played R2TW as a truly historical and compelling experience...
    ...give it a try (at H or VH or even at N) and compared with Vanila, if you survive past 40 turns then DeI is for you.
    Real "men" need real challenges !
    (lol)
    D I V I D E - ET - I M P E R A

& A PROPER EMPIRE: TERRA INCOGNITA .... A P E - T I
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "Perhaps, as some wit remarked, the best proof that there is Intelligent Life in Outer Space is the fact it hasn't come here. Well, it can't hide forever - one day we will overhear it."

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    There are cons with DeI?

If you enjoy vanilla, I don't think DeI is for you.
    Sorry but that is TOTAL BS. I enjoyed Vanilla and i play DeI so its simply wrong.

I am contemplating if should I play with DEI or not.
    I read about pros and cons, but I should say that I am enjoying vanilla version.
    Another question is will other mods work with DEI, such as champloo units or building cards?

Cheers for help
    DeI is much more challenging than vanilla. Battles are slower and require more tactical thinking (far less rock-paper-scissorsesque). The campaign is also slower; public order, economy etc require more thought thereby increasing the need for a good strategy on behalf of the player--blitzkrieg is not (always) the best option. Everything DeI does focuses on historicity and realism.

There have also been fantastic improvements to the UI per culture and great historical descriptions of cities, units, factions etc. IMO DeI is what this game should have been upon release. I'd highly recommend it AND, for a newcomer, check out The Scriptorium to learn about some of the changes (reforms, public order, agent &a general skills etc).

Don't get discouraged if at first it seems overwhelming or too difficult. The community is pretty willing to help out.
    Last edited by TheRazaman; January 18, 2015 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Wall o text

Quote Originally Posted by Alu10 View Post
    Sorry but that is TOTAL BS. I enjoyed Vanilla and i play DeI so its simply wrong.
    Haven't played DeI yet but totally agree with you. You need a new challenge and if enjoyed the vanilla doesn't mean I won't be able to enjoy Dei.

Honestly I never played Rome 2 Vanilla but I didn't go for Radious Mod as I didn't like ist design philosophy (same goes for Radious for Shogun 2). I got DeI while it was still in the 0.xx phase but found 1.0 onwards especially rewarding. I can only recommend to try it.

Delete this post please

Is there a way to make unit cards looks like they look in the vanilla game or is that impossible?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Check our submod section for our official mod for old cards.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Senator

If you really like vanilla then Radious is probably more suitable for you, it has a tonne more units and a lot of changes, DEI is for the hardcore Ancient history buff, it has far more added to the game than any other Mod out there, but many find it a bit too slow for their liking.
    I really have to wonder though, why it is needed to ask on the DEI forum if the mod is any good? what do you really expect from the people that lurk here? and after all, it did win CA's best Rome 2 Mod, just try it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast