Thread: Honour the Gods

Default Honour the Gods

The concept of multiple temples is new to me, used to be immediately destroy foreign temples to make room for your own (upgradable) temples. In RTR would it not be wiser to keep useful enemy temples and just build your own in addition to existing? Is there a maximum allowed religeous structures? There will be some culture/unrest penalties but will you be able to obtain foreign priests if you keep the building?

Default Re: Honour the Gods

Also interested in reading any guides and strat tips anyone might know about. I did read someones leader breeder guides (which is quite good)

Ok so you can only have one "main temple"? It let me upgrade a captured greek temple of nike to a minor temple of mars (should be minor shrine then reg temple) unless im not under standing something... Also it still shows minor shrine of mars as a new building possibility. I guess you need to demo everything?

Captured syracuse and its awesome temple of Hermes, left it alone and a few turns later a priest of mercury dropped in so that answers that, i wonder if it would work on a carthaginian temple?

Should have demolished it, the tradable goods is nice but i forgot about the temples negative effects, theres a theatre there too, which makes it worse.Started a macedonian campaign to see what temples do on the greek side. Some confusion, often can use greek city temples with no culture penalty but i get buggy building browser displays (shows temples i cant build) can some one explain what is a feature vs what is a little buggy perhaps best avoided?

Display as in the building browser that shows all the buildings?

If there are requirements, hovering over the building should show it to you.
    Last edited by Alavaria; January 23, 2015 at 09:09 PM.

Im playing the kingdom of macedon, my temples should be zeus, herakles, dionysis....the building browser occasionally shows temples i couldnt build from the start, if it lets me upgrade a captured temple it will often allow a minor shrine of the same deity, or sometimes 10 turns later will allow a new starter building (like demeter and nike) often the building browser will have doubles of the same god too. Just wondering if they are bugs or is it supposed to be that way for a reason i dont see yet?

I guess i need to read the RTR strat guides, can anyone point the way?

marcp's Avatar Libertus

Hey there OsirisR, I too have only just recently dusted off my RTW and decided to go with RTR Platinum. I have many of the same questions you do and have found it a chore to doodle around forums for info. Don't want to make it sound a pain it is just the state of old mods. I should just DL the steam alexander edt. so I can play the more current Platinum 2.0 but as my save games won't be compatible I am resistant to making the switch for a bit. An aside, Rome II/Atilla is out of question until I deem it necessary to upgrade desktop for reasons other than gaming but my slightly over clocked dual core and mediocre gp card rocks Medieval II and RTW just fine on highest detail.

In closing just wanted to let you know your not alone! Maybe, as I have suggest for self switching over to Platinum II is better option as the threads are current and mod is still being worked on etc.

Be well and have fun storming the fortress.....palace, temple, barbarian hooch!