Thread: No Eowyn, Galadriel?

Default No Eowyn, Galadriel?

Eowyn fought in the field and Galadriel had great power and helped throw down Dol Guldur. Should they not have leaders for their respective factions? Galadriel and Celeborn rule together. Eowyn took down the Witch King(with help from Merry/Fluke). Sexism??????

Default Re: No Eowyn, Galadriel?

Game limitations. Nice try.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Eowyn was never in a "commander" capacity though she was hiding as a normal rider. Also she was not even born at game start or at least very young.

Galadriel, well maybe, she did go to Dol Guldur and smash its walls somehow so maybe she should go in. However the hard coded limits in the game prevents us from doing her justice.

Maybe a mod could make her into a unit with her "handmaidens" as a female archer unit or something with a generals ability to instantly take down a section of a wall. No idea if that is possible though, I doubt it.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

They could be added but they'll be married to women. What's more, both Galadriel and Celeborn will have wives, not each other.

Galadriel is in DCI Last Alliance. Lorien was made teutonic to avoid the marriage problem but we still have work to do to make her sound like a woman.

Not to mention, they will use a male general's voice during battle deployment.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by DrDragun View Post
    That can be solved trough easy but laberous work; creating an additional accent, used only by a uniqe female unit, can be made and it's general voices changed from male to female.
    That is how I gave uniqe voices to Aragorn, Boromir and Faramir in MOS, and my predecessors given uniqe voices to Saruman (and some bloke more).
    Have made a tutorial on the process, though it require the modder have access to female voice-files naturally.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Citizen

Well there's the movies and battle for middle earth to rip from.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDragun View Post
    Role playing man! Remember her voice in the movies when she was tempted by the ring and describing how powerful she would be? Or perhaps she has a hormone shot or something.

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

It's quite easy to add them into the game with relatively simple text editing if you want. I added Eowyn, Galadriel and Tauriel into my DAC mod files.

descr_strat (data), to actually add them in game as generals
    desc_names (data) & names (text), so the characters actually have names
    export_descr_traits (data), if you want to add custom bits like a small biography
    and the custom_portraits folder in the UI folder to give unique portrait and unit cards

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

The simplest thing I think, is to add Galadriel as an ancillary to Celeborn. Then if possible her model can be used as a unique sergeant in Celeborn's bodyguard unit. Although I'm not sure if this is can be done without making ALL Lothlorien unit officers Galadriels.

Female generals were present in Call of Warhammer however so I don't see why they can't be ultimately included in TaTW submods.

Definitely sexism. You nailed it, righteous crusader.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    What's more, both Galadriel and Celeborn will have wives, not each other.
    How about, both will have wives...and each other?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    The simplest thing I think, is to add Galadriel as an ancillary to Celeborn. Then if possible her model can be used as a unique sergeant in Celeborn's bodyguard unit. Although I'm not sure if this is can be done without making ALL Lothlorien unit officers Galadriels.

Female generals were present in Call of Warhammer however so I don't see why they can't be ultimately included in TaTW submods.
    Course you can have different officers. They can even have different animation sets than the parent unit.