Thread: "unlocalised placement text" even after several clean reinstall attempts

Default "unlocalised placement text" even after several clean reinstall attempts

I tried to install Divide and Conquer, it worked fine but I didn't like it so I uninstalled everything and reinstalled TATW + Baron samedi mod. But now almost all units are named "unlocalised placement text". I have tried to remove absolutely everything and reinstalling, but still the same problem. Are there any files other than in the Medieval 2/mods... folder that need to be removed in order to fix this issue?
    The "unlocalised placement text" appears in custom battles, unit recruitment, unit descriptions etc. I have windows 8 and I am 110% sure that I installed everything correctly. I also noticed that the factions names have changed to those of Divide and Conquer, even though I removed every single file included in that mod.
    Any ideas? The same issue happens every time I reinstall it... And yes I have deleted every single Medieval 2 (including all expansions, mods etc..) and reinstalled everything.. but this the same problem appears... any ideas?

Default Re: "unlocalised placement text" even after several clean reinstall attempts

I found myself having the same problem and fixed it. (i just had the problem the other way around )

You need to show your hidden folders and files (is easy just google it if you don't know how to do it), go to your user file (C:\Users\.....(your username)) , it should be a file "AppData" there, click on him, go to your right corner on the search bar type medieval (or my medieval file is here "AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War" ), it will find you a file "Medieval II Total War" click on him go to "mods"-> "Third_Age_3" and just delete everything that file except your saves perhaps and that should be good (it was for me at least).

I hope i could be of any help even after all this time.