Page 3 of 456 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2016 presidential race (former: The race to the 2016 presidential race)

Default Re: Republican candidates for 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
    Who needs Tommy when you got Johnny.

I want Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) to run.
    Tommy has it under control though

"Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."

Under Patronage of: Captain Blackadder

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
    Who needs Tommy when you got Johnny. Always remember to pay off the National Inquirer.

I want Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) to run.

Always remember to pay off the National Inquirer.

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post

Photo there worth a few million extra votes...
    Is that a bad photoshop job cause his head looks so damn big lol. But seriously. As far republicans go Jeb Bush is one of the few ones I wouldn't mind losing to.

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM

I will never shake from my mind the image of Governor Jeb Bush shopping for cheap frozen dinners at the Publix on North Monroe in Tallahassee circa 2004. Sad, sad, sad little man. Estranged from his wife the entire time he was in T-Town. Tasteless bachelor food for a downtrodden Governor. I've seen that man broken and humbled. He is not fit to lead.

Quote Originally Posted by I WUB PUGS View Post
    I will never shake from my mind the image of Governor Jeb Bush shopping for cheap frozen dinners at the Publix on North Monroe in Tallahassee circa 2004. Sad, sad, sad little man. Estranged from his wife the entire time he was in T-Town. Tasteless bachelor food for a downtrodden Governor. I've seen that man broken and humbled. He is not fit to lead.
    You know who didn't let his cancer ridden wife keep him down? This guy

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM

Can we do a Biden-Edwards power share? Maybe split it based on darkest tan.

I would even nominate Allen West for SECDEF if he was given at least 96 hours a month to do with the military as he pleased.

Just think we need to shake things up a little bit.

Btw, I'm just gonna come out and say it since everyone is thinking it, but the two people that bracket the Bush family photo are like unfairly attractive.
    Last edited by I WUB PUGS; January 22, 2015 at 03:47 PM.

But is American ready?

The winner is likely to be the one that can lock up most of the campaign financing out there, one reason everyone kisses Sheldon Adelson's ass.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

If was a Repub candidate, I'd be digging up all the juicy details on Bill's visits to that underage sex party island.
    Once a political decision has been reached to proceed with internal disturbances in Syria, CIA is prepared, and SIS (MI6) will attempt to mount minor sabotage and coup de main [sic] incidents within Syria, working through contacts with individuals. Incidents should not be concentrated in Damascus. [A] necessary degree of fear, [...] frontier incidents and [staged] border clashes [will] provide a pretext for intervention. The CIA and SIS should use [...] capabilities in both psychological and action fields to augment tension. [Funding should be provided for a] Free Syria Committee [and arms should be supplied to] political factions with paramilitary or other actionist capabilities.
    ~ Joint US-UK leaked Intelligence Document, 1957

Here is the crux: Any Republican candidate that can win the general election will not win the primaries for the exact same reasons. Stick a fork in Romney, 47% isn't going away, Jeb Bush is laughable, Ben Carson is black, Chris Christie is a bully, and Rand Paul is a libertarian in conservative clothing.

There really aren't any good leaders anymore, Colin Powell was good but too old. I think a good choice would be Jon Huntsman but he lacks a certain force, I just don't see him doing much past Congress.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaline Earth View Post
    Ben Carson is black
    Ehmmm... So is Obama you know...

What I find weird is for a neurosurgeon of his caliber to not believe in evolution. Aside of him being somewhat too conservative, I find good that he at least said: “I believe it is a very good idea for physicians, scientists, engineers, and others trained to make decisions based on facts and empirical data to get involved in the political arena and help guide our country.” although it completely contradicts his view on evolution.

In any case, I think he's a good person, a very good doctor but he wouldn't make a very good politician.
    Last edited by alhoon; January 25, 2015 at 08:26 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

You are kidding yourself if you think a black candidate will run as the Republican candidate after Obama. Maybe eventually, but not right after Obama.

why is Jeb Bush laughable btw? for two terms he's governed what's basically an international travel hub with a complicated demographic and a high disparity between the rich and the poor as well as the entrance of the South American drug trade for decades.

There are more valid reasons for dismissing Carson as a candidate, other than he's black.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

I just don't see any way that there can be another Bush. Carson being black is the biggest reason I believe, I am registered Republican and so are my friends and family and just today I had a discussion with my teacher about it as well, him being black is going to be insurmountable.

Oh and I was told today that Powell was actually born in Jamaica, so he could never have been president.

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post
    I see the Republicans will probably sabotage themselves between moderate Republicans and Tea Bag d-bags. Whoever they nominate for the general election will swing as far right as they can in order to get votes. It was an issue with McCain too, not just Romney. I mean let alone the nomination of Palin as VP... McCain was pretty damn moderate but on the big stage he pandered to the far right.
    Did McCain and Romney make promises during the candidates to take a Tea bagger as their running mate? Because especially in the case of McCain I've never been able to get my head around his choice of running mate.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaline Earth View Post
    I just don't see any way that there can be another Bush. Carson being black is the biggest reason I believe, I am registered Republican and so are my friends and family and just today I had a discussion with my teacher about it as well, him being black is going to be insurmountable.

Oh and I was told today that Powell was actually born in Jamaica, so he could never have been president.
    That's what they were saying about a black president 10 years ago.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Now that is just being contradictory (while true)

Does anyone have any dark horse candidate in the Republican party? The last republican to come out-of-nowhere was Harding (1920-1924), while the latest Democrat was Obama. I think it could do some good.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    I sure hope they don't. Hillary will be in 2016 as old as McCain was in 2008. That is, the same arguments made against McCain's age in 2008 could be made against Hillary.
    At least, she would be the first woman president.
    Biggest problem with McCain's age was his vice presidential candidate.

Fence sitters were not comfortable with Palin being a heartbeat away from the presidency.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    Biggest problem with McCain's age was his vice presidential candidate.

Fence sitters were not comfortable with Palin being a heartbeat away from the presidency.
    *shudders*