Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lots of Negativity around Total War Attila

Default Re: Lots of Negativity around Total War Attila

Although many people in here (hyped or not) wish for good Atilla game,so far the early reviews on youtube are bad and its obivious that game will need at least a year for to be fixed with patches or with mods.

I am generally impressed with this community this time around in how people are responding to the criticism.

Some of us raised similar concerns about Rome 2 pre-release after watching the arcade clickfest MOBA style battle video-previews. We were called "haters" and other colorful names. People have learned their lessons it seems.

Got some mixed feelings of the campaign and the new features but the battles .. uh .. disgusting and way to arcade. I can only hope we will get more access to modding especially the voices . They were absolutely inacceptable in rome 2 for the barbarians.
    Ive also not seen any of scripted events and messages around the era yet. You got much more in medieval 2 for example. There is nothing anymore. No black ship , no text what the buildings are about etc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	358829-medieval-ii-total-war-windows-screenshot-guild-buildings-are.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	176.8 KB 
ID:	319771Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TotalWarAttila-G1.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	319772

kerrfox's Avatar Civis

I like TW games, I play them a lot too. I pre-ordered TW Attila and I'm sure I will enjoy it as well. I use several mini-mods, many created by the people on this forum. Thanks for those! As long as enough people buy their products to keep them in business, I'm happy with that, no matter how many others are disappointed and/or complain.

Lika Adeno said it are small things that matter. I have lost feeling with what I am doing. The Emperor's edition was quite intresting. I played far with Pompeius. But when I am playing the great campaign I feel like I am sitting in front of my PC.. but when I am playing a barbarian invasion mod or Roma Surrectum I lose track of time and place where is that CA?!
    Now I was in doubti of buying Caesar in Goal. The reviews made me doubt even more Can someone Inbox me who have played the game? Is it worth the money?
    Yes I was one of the victims of the Rome 2 hype , so now I watch lots of reviews before I buy (or there need to be good mods)
    454-480 Western Roman Politics (Article)
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. - W. Shakespeare
    We (...) have converted the miracles of science into a chamber of horrors -R. Hull

USA knew how to gain a victory, but not how to use it - F.J. Nepos
    You will be ruled by either a crown, a clown, or a crook, and democracy assures that you won't get the first one.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Well, unhappy people are usually the most vocal ones, if everything is going just fine, you rarelly have reason to raise your voice.

If there would be no reasons to be sceptical about Attila, this wouldn't happen. But can you seriously blame people being a tad on the negative side of things after Empire and Rome 2. Rome 2 launch in my book is one of the scummiest scams I have seen from game this high profile.

That said, Attila looks very promissing, well, it looks like the game I tought Rome 2 would be mechanics wise, so I'm a bit exited for it. But I have no high hopes until it comes out, and we will see if it is any good. False-marketizing was a thing with Rome 2, so I can't take CAs previews seriously.
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; January 17, 2015 at 08:22 AM.

Im liking what i see so far, Preordered and i know ill really enjoy the game if you do not agree with that, you will agree that it is taking steps to improve with the family tree, migration etc, so much more going in the campaign.

Not sure of what to make of the breaking and reengaging troops, i can see negatives and positives to it.

Sometimes i think the negativity comes from peoples expectations and what they want, rather than accepting what things are, i see they are trying to make it better, but you cant change what you get into something different (until mods).
    Last edited by Cwenraed; January 17, 2015 at 08:39 AM.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Quote Originally Posted by Cwenraed View Post
    Sometimes i think the negativity comes from peoples expectations and what they want, rather than accepting what things are, i see they are trying to make it better, but you cant change what you get into something different (until mods).
    There is truth in there, but specially with Rome 2, it was CA and Sega who rose those expectations so high, and delivered so little. I wouldn't blame people for that, and that is why so many are very skeptical about Attila.

The lower the expectations, the greater the chance you'll be pleasantly surprised by the end product. Then again, I went in with low expectations with Assassin's Creed 3 back in 2012 and I still ended up being disappointed. Let's hope Attila doesn't follow this trend.

The stuff that happens{Events attacks} seems to be scripted and happen the same way each time according to one of the pre reviewers comments about the game if its really like that there goes replayability and for TW games that seems implausable to me at least it did before Rome 2 (with holding judgement on Attilla we will see} I cant imagine that is the case with this game.

It's not a binary determination: people can have reservations about specific quality items while still being excited for the game. I wish people would stop approaching these forums as if they're required to join either a pro- or anti-CA faction.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by prithupaul View Post
    I am generally impressed with this community this time around in how people are responding to the criticism.

Some of us raised similar concerns about Rome 2 pre-release after watching the arcade clickfest MOBA style battle video-previews. We were called "haters" and other colorful names. People have learned their lessons it seems.
    Yes. The difference is quite stark. To be honest it was bad and CA even `allowed` this as it suited them. Shameful really. I don`t forget it even more than the bad game itself. But then, many of those people who attacked anyone critical of pre-release RTW2 were themselves `stabbed in the back` so to speak. I knew things had changed when I saw long-term big names turn their back on CA in disgust for what happened with R2. CA did more than anyone else in turning around fanboys from their loyalty. And some of them were very, very loyal.

Blah blah blah blah

To make things short, summarized

"As long as TW still use Warscape engine, its disappointed TW game, period"
    Its easy to make war with others, its never been easy when we need a peace.

My holy damn simple tactic; Strike First, Strike HARD and SHOW NO MERCY.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by prithupaul View Post
    I am looking forward to the changes in the strategic gameplay, but I am greatly concerned about the tactical battles from what I have seen so far.
    so what are u so concerned about?
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Cobi Wan Kenobi View Post
    I've pre ordered it. I'll let you know if it lets me down.
    I guess your opinion matters only if we have the same opinion of Rome II. But since I see you've already pre-ordered, we don't :|

Birk's Avatar Centenarius

Sorry I didn't read any comments only the title. I'm concerned because they're still using the Warscape engine is terrible. It poorly handle siege battle, medieval warfare and physics.
    Birk Von Norway

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by RogueLeader View Post
    The stuff that happens{Events attacks} seems to be scripted and happen the same way each time according to one of the pre reviewers comments about the game if its really like that there goes replayability and for TW games that seems implausable to me at least it did before Rome 2 (with holding judgement on Attilla we will see} I cant imagine that is the case with this game.
    Honestly I dont think TW has ever had much replayability. Mods certainly helped. Those that added new regions to past titles and factions certainly created new scenarios.

shogon's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Altimis View Post
    Blah blah blah blah

To make things short, summarized

"As long as TW still use Warscape engine, its disappointed TW game, period"
    Shogun 2 worked just fine with Warscape. Whatever happened there wasn't passed on to Rome 2.

Besides the engine being the same I can only hope for the best after what Rome 2 has shown us. For CA's sake (then again, Warhamma').
    40%
    40%
    40%
    40%
    "
    It's a real upgrade, and we're not even halfway to alpha."

Quote Originally Posted by Birk View Post
    Sorry I didn't read any comments only the title. I'm concerned because they're still using the Warscape engine is terrible. It poorly handle siege battle, medieval warfare and physics.
    Aside from siege battles which I suspect an AI issue, theres nothing inherently wrong with the engine. Napoleon worked fine. Shogun 2 worked fine. Rome 2 failed spectacularly at first.

Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    Aside from siege battles which I suspect an AI issue, theres nothing inherently wrong with the engine. Napoleon worked fine. Shogun 2 worked fine. Rome 2 failed spectacularly at first.
    Nothing wrong, just unit mass and collision, killmoves, and the battles as a whole.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast