Thread: XGM 4.1.20 beta

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Default XGM 4.1.20 beta

Here's a link to a beta version of XGM 4.1.20 [link removed]. It should be bug free, and it should work with saved games back to version 4.1.0, but there are some complicated changes so I'm calling it a beta for now.

The changes include:

-Loyalty activated for Carthage
    -Numidia converted to Carthage rebel faction
    -Carthage and Numidia unit rosters merged
    -Added install option to make Seleucid rebels playable as Baktria
    -Added install option to reduce AI economic bonuses
    -Added scripts to spawn extra stacks when cities rebel to rebel factions
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; November 13, 2006 at 03:09 PM.

Locky's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: XGM 4.1.20 beta

Ohh, goody Dimey. I'll download it now.

Does bug free mean no more capture settlement CTD? The CTD whereby you capture an enemy settlement during AI turn. Other than that i dont think there are other bugs seriously affecting my gameplay. Anyway, what does the loyalty thing do? Does it make your general easier to bribe/revolt? Thx in advance.
    Last edited by LittleWeiz; November 09, 2006 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleWeiz
    Does bug free mean no more capture settlement CTD? The CTD whereby you capture an enemy settlement during AI turn. Other than that i dont think there are other bugs seriously affecting my gameplay. Anyway, what does the loyalty thing do? Does it make your general easier to bribe/revolt? Thx in advance.
    I'm not sure about that bug. I haven't seen it for a while, so it might be fixed. If anyone does get it with the new version I'd like to know.

If your family members have low loyalty then there is an increased risk that they will join the rebel faction.

Dime
    Is this a new update for XGM ?
    Or for a test? Was Numbia a real faction at this time?
    what is beta version ? Does it deal with our XGMs new updates?
    thanks

A beta version is a test version.

Yes Numidia was, for a while, an independent power. Prior to the Second Punic War (ended 202 BC) they were clients of Carthage. After the Jugurthine War (ended around 106 BC) they became clients of the Romans, and then part of the Roman Empire. In between they were somewhat independent, although still largely dominated by Rome.

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

Hi Dime sorry for the delay of the feedback, but these days i cheated on XGM with the Crusades managed to play arround 20 turns and all seems fine with Baktria. ofcourece the seleucids and the parthians cose to attack me instead of eachother but so far i'm holding them. can't open the imageshack right now but in 269 bc all factions are expanding really fast, parthia has almost all of the east, numidia holds huge part of africa and so on.
    only one thing - can you please tell me what should i cange to make the phalanxes in closer formation? because even sparabara manage to break through the front....

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera

Playing with Chartage... Quite sadisfied!

AHHH! I played on H/H with the romans and the same old CTD happens!! I was beseiging a gallic town and they got reinforcements. They lost the battle and the entire army got routed and i conquered the city. What happened next you should know. =(. Maybe i installed this beta wrongly? But even if so, my XGM would be like 2 versions back. The carthaginians dont seem to have loyalty too.
    I play on highest settings and huge army. Hope it helps.

Another thing i noticed is that by 50 turns, my spy reported 2-3 full stacks of romans. They had wiped phyrrus out and had complete control over italy. They dont seem to have anymore territories captured. I was playing as the carthaginians then. I tried romans this time and i dont seem to get to anything near 1 full stack in 30 turns. Its H/H on both btw. So is it really possible to have 2-3 full stacks? Upkeep wise it would be around 20k and the recruitment is another thing. It just makes me frustrated to see them outnumbering me. Comparing stats, romans are more effective against carthaginians.

I would try to reinstall RTW tomorrow and see if it helps. Its GMT+8 here so its a little past midnite now and i have exams soon. LOL shouldn't be playing

Thanks for the feedback guys. I should have a non-beta version out later today.

Kara Kolyo: You need to change the formation lines in export_descr_units.txt. The current line for all phalanx units is...
    Code:
    formation        1.33, 1, 2.66, 2, 8, square, phalanx
    ...which you can change to...
    Code:
    formation        1, 1, 2, 2, 6, square, phalanx
    LittleWeiz: Loyalty for Carthage should be working (works for me anyway).

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

thx Dime, btw i tried couple of turns with carthage the loyalty didn't work too... will try it later again
    Edit: yep in the early years atleast carthage has no loyalty activated
    Last edited by Kara Kolyo; November 13, 2006 at 12:51 PM.

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera

OK, I see the problem. If you use the playable Baktria option, loyalty is disabled for Carthage as well. I'll fix that in the next version.

I play with Rome now... Bad news... Chartaginian cities rebel too fast. By the end of 259... Chartage and city below become Chartage rebel, reducing Chartage to Spain provinces where Iberian kick them hard... Also, I was wondering... Why players faction cannot build Dido's shrine(founding monument)?

Ceki: The founding monuments are used to give economic bonuses to the AI factions.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Thread closed as 4.1.21 is out.
    The Best Is Yet To Come: