View Poll Results: Are you excited about a Warhammer Total war hybrid?

Voters
407. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

222 54.55%
  • No

140 34.40%
  • I don't care

45 11.06%
Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Total War: WARHAMMER officially confirmed!

Default Re: Total War: WARHAMMER officially confirmed!

Quote Originally Posted by nicolasete View Post
    It maybe helps to think of it of a pseudo-historical game with mithology on it. After all, The Empire emulates the HRE, Bretonnia is medieval England/France, the wood elves are some kind of celts, lizardmen are mayans/aztecs, etc.
    Also coming on top of my head -
    Kislev - XVI-XVII century Commonwealth/Muscovy/Russia
    Chaos Dwarves - Babylonian/Assyrian/Summerian
    Chaos - Nords/Vikings
    Tomb Kings - Ancient Egypt

Skavens... - immigrants (do not treat this seriously )
    How many times someone guessed wrong about my nationality: 3
    Where do I not come from: Czech Republic, US, South America, Former Colony, Germany, Austria, Switzerland

Totally Hyped about this, though I'm also looking forward to Attila, and the same with Rome 2 before then which despite being far from fully functional on release was quickly and steadily patched up. I don't dare imagine when its set or where though I hope that a solid variation in factions are initially available with obviously the reamining coming via DLC. Empire, Chaos Beastman/Warriors/Daemons/Vampires/Orcs & Goblins/High Elves/Skaven would be a perfect start, though that's likely optimistic due to the huge amount of variation required to get some of those factions working. Undead for example are going to require a lot of alterations upon the standard design to function, while Chaos would make an Ideal Horde Faction, Skaven would just be great but I doubt we'd see them initially, same with the likes of Khemri, Lizardmen, Bretionnians, Wood Elves, Dark Elves, Ogres, Dogs of War.

The more I think about it the more questions I have on the topic, so I guess I'm going to have to wait for the official announcement and what's leaked with it before I start my speculations...

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonsun View Post
    Totally Hyped about this, though I'm also looking forward to Attila, and the same with Rome 2 before then which despite being far from fully functional on release was quickly and steadily patched up. I don't dare imagine when its set or where though I hope that a solid variation in factions are initially available with obviously the reamining coming via DLC. Empire, Chaos Beastman/Warriors/Daemons/Vampires/Orcs & Goblins/High Elves/Skaven would be a perfect start, though that's likely optimistic due to the huge amount of variation required to get some of those factions working. Undead for example are going to require a lot of alterations upon the standard design to function, while Chaos would make an Ideal Horde Faction, Skaven would just be great but I doubt we'd see them initially, same with the likes of Khemri, Lizardmen, Bretionnians, Wood Elves, Dark Elves, Ogres, Dogs of War.

The more I think about it the more questions I have on the topic, so I guess I'm going to have to wait for the official announcement and what's leaked with it before I start my speculations...
    Please, no more separate Daemons from Chaos Hordes. Launch of the Chaos Daemons Army Book for the 7th edition was a disaster and brought the most overpowered army for a while. And it was not funny ;/
    Where do I not come from: Czech Republic, US, South America, Former Colony, Germany, Austria, Switzerland

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Emishi View Post
    Well , you and your imaginary elitist club seem to suck at fighting then, because the vanilla version of total war games has become gradually less and less historical accurate with all the 'history buffs' not saying a single word about things like all female gladiator units in generic gladiator armor, because they are 'a lot of fun and it is just a game'. On top of that we have laser guided missiles with the killing power of a machine gun and a lack of unit collision. Nice work, dude.

I like warhammer. It's one of the less generic fantasy settings, with the human empire being a direct emulation of the Holy Roman Empire of German nations. Nice.
    I am worried about CA's latest tendency of 'streamlining' and casualizing their games for the mass market though.
    You've... obviously not read TWC much..

I love Warhammer, but I'm not happy!

I'm afraid that they will not even do a strategy fantasy game right and destroy a new "brand" and "time period"
    Because even in a fantasy setting, Warhammer has its rules and history, and it must be represented and canon.

As long as my beloved Druchii are in it i'm in

Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Emishi View Post
    This is a unique opportunity to make roosters and armies really feel distinct from each other, which was not so easy because of historical reasons in games like medieval II. Just think about it.
    THIS! For the first time we will see extremly different army concepts! Only think about a battle between dwarves and Bretonians! Massed heavy infantry with muskets, axes and cannons against extremly powerful, mageempowered heavy knight cavalry with levy support. Well, will be an hell of an balancing.^^
    Checking out games for historical accuracy: http://bit.ly/HiGaVFYD
    Let's Plays: http://bit.ly/HjalfFeuer

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

I agree that this is a perfect time to get that unit diversity that fans have been crying out for. Warhammer Fantasy has so many different units for each faction that it's almost ridiculous.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf View Post
    THIS! For the first time we will see extremly different army concepts! Only think about a battle between dwarves and Bretonians! Massed heavy infantry with muskets, axes and cannons against extremly powerful, mageempowered heavy knight cavalry with levy support. Well, will be an hell of an balancing.^^
    think of all the modding which can be done o_o
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf View Post
    I fear the most for the balancing of Skavens, O&G, VC and Khemri.

Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf's Avatar Civis

Interesting might be the battles against Vampires and Khemri...you have to kill the general and the mages/subcommanders, or the enemy army simply will not flee...only if ordered so.

Edit: Do I hear someone saying "Skaven op assassins!"?^^
    Checking out games for historical accuracy: http://bit.ly/HiGaVFYD
    Let's Plays: http://bit.ly/HjalfFeuer

This could be really cool, I hope they make it a proper game and not a mobile game.

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

No, just no!!!!
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Quote Originally Posted by Karnil Vark Khaitan View Post
    think of all the modding which can be done o_o
    I wouldn't get carried away with that, modding might be much more limited in this game. Adding in different types of Roman soldier is one thing but stuff covered by the GW IP could be more troublesome. If I was the fat cat in charge and my only interest was making money then the last thing I would want is modders releasing stuff that would otherwise be dlc.

I am of course speculating here.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Not excited, to be honest, just curious. Seriously hope in a new renewed engine able to manage a completely different scenario with Flying beasts, giants, spells and lot of new features combined with the usual hundreds of soldiers on the fields.
    Yes, Bretonnia was my favourite, so many time ago

My dreams have come true.

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Never been a warhammer fan, but this will be an interesting side project to keep an eye out. Mike Simpson, the Creative Director of CA, did say that the main TW team will always be making Historical Singleplayer Total War games.

so I wouldn't be too worried about Total War "Dying". This is just something else under their belt. I'm definitely intrigued.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Think this is what CA needs, something new and fresh to work on taking a break from history games, im sure they will work on those to though.

I think what many of us long to see is CA unburdoned by these people whining on every little thing. I can't wait to read and comment on the threads in the new Warhammer total war section.

As long as they remember total war,size,scale,epicness, synonyms. They can't fail.

But! If i see unit sizes between 10-30 units, i know.... they didn't understand what we wanted.
    Youtube channel
    Twitch channel
    Looking forward to Warhammer Total War

ca does not even need to make much stuff
    1 take warhammer mod from medieval 2
    2 insert new engine and graphics
    3 done

off course i am just joking but still
    i would be really pissed if warhammer mod would be better then game