Thread: Development preview of Catalonia

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Development preview of Catalonia

Since Catalonia was not independant, reference don't really exist. So I "invented" the uniforms, using the Catalan Legion of the Spanish army, and the "Regiment de Catalaogne" of the French army

General

Heavy cavalry

Dragoons

Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Development preview of Catalonia

Foot artillery

Howitzer

Horse artillery

Patrician Artifex

Grenadier

Fusilier

Chasseur of line infantry

Chasseur light infantry

Garrison

Militia

Citizens

I'm not really happy with citizens. I couldn't make variation with them as usual. I used an "half atlas" for Catalonia since there aren't that many unit. But it's an atlas I created from scratch, contrary to big atlas where I just edit an existing one.
    And I don't know why, but created atlas have a bug: you can use only one element (like torso) for each unit. If you try to have several torso, legs, etc, then the engine don't display them at all, and you end with this

So my Catalonian citizens are a little too much like clone... but I don't feel like redoing the full atlas.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Grenadier

Fusilier

Chasseur of line infantry

Chasseur light infantry

Garrison

Militia

Citizens

I'm not really happy with citizens. I couldn't make variation with them as usual. I used an "half atlas" for Catalonia since there aren't that many unit. But it's an atlas I created from scratch, contrary to big atlas where I just edit an existing one.
    And I don't know why, but created atlas have a bug: you can use only one element (like torso) for each unit. If you try to have several torso, legs, etc, then the engine don't display them at all, and you end with this

So my Catalonian citizens are a little too much like clone... but I don't feel like redoing the full atlas.

I was thinking, and seeing you sound a bit displeased with the Catalan citizens, I noticed that they were missing an important item, and symbol of Catalan nationalism. That would be the red bonnet or better said la boina Catalana. https://magazineactivo.files.wordpre.../180487871.jpg
    Last edited by Steveholmes; May 25, 2015 at 07:36 AM.

Also if you want you can add a better representation of a regimental flag, for the units. Here are some examples, the cross of St.George with the armory blason of the principality of Catalonia in the middle would be ideal. http://ennio444.deviantart.com/art/F...onia-282263480

Last edited by Steveholmes; June 03, 2015 at 11:35 AM.

Here another fun site that illustrates a what if Catalonia was Independant. But it's of the early 1800 century. But still good enough, for the imagination. http://what-if-catalonia.blogspot.ca...l-library.html

Last edited by Steveholmes; June 03, 2015 at 11:36 AM.

Here are some ideas if you want some historic reference. For armed citizens for the Catalan nation you can make them look like these. So called "Somaten"

When ever you feel adding more historical representation for Catalan militia and Rebels you can add the typical barretina national hat.

Last edited by Steveholmes; November 27, 2015 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveholmes View Post
    I was thinking, and seeing you sound a bit displeased with the Catalan citizens, I noticed that they were missing an important item, and symbol of Catalan nationalism. That would be the red bonnet or better said la boina Catalana. https://magazineactivo.files.wordpre.../180487871.jpg
    Hi Steph, not sure if you can do this, but I was thinking that you can use the hat of the Ottomans to create the somaten barretina national hat. Just with a thinner
    black band. That's if you wish.

and a mixture of the militia top hats for your citizens, and Rebels.

Hi Steph, I know that you may not go back to change the Catalan troops but I have here a site that may be usefull for if you decide changing the colours of the Catalan troops. Brown was in fashion and in aboundance. But take a look at the volunteer Catalan units in this site. http://www.littlewars.se/spanish/lightinf.html