Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Forum Closed

Default Re: Forum Closed

Since it is unlikely that GED will allow our community to return to TWC, we've set up new forums here. Hopefully the rest of our guys get the word.

Nerva's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by GrnEyedDvl View Post
    That post is just one single example of what is wrong with the MCC community and the culture that was allowed to develop there. Its not just wrong, its an outright lie.
    You couldnt be more wrong

Frankly, the worst thing to ever happen to the community occurred when GED bought out TWC. Someone who is capable or mature enough to lead a community should have earned the site ownership, not bought it. I don't understand how you're all so surprised that a salty man who probably had only twenty years left before heart disease will take him is throwing a temper tantrum when things don't go his way (after he disappears for several months). Shock awe.

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Consul Napoleon Bonaparte View Post
    Frankly, the worst thing to ever happen to the community occurred when GED bought out TWC. Someone who is capable or mature enough to lead a community should have earned the site ownership, not bought it. I don't understand how you're all so surprised that a salty man who probably had only twenty years left before heart disease will take him is throwing a temper tantrum when things don't go his way (after he disappears for several months). Shock awe.
    These sorts of posts are what he'd use to characterize us incorrectly. But I suppose teenage angst has to be spewed out in order to finally go away.

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Consul Napoleon Bonaparte View Post
    I am sorry, but you are wrong. GED earned the ownership, exactly as I did. He paid the exact sum I paid to the previous owner, which was the exact sum that was paid to the original owner. And he did spend an inordinate amount of money, donated equipment and kept this site functional, in a way that the previous owner (that's me) could never do because I am nigh ignorant of the technical aspects of the site.

He earned the ownership because the sale was decided by the whole Hex in consultation with me and the previous owner. TWC can only be sold to persons that have proven their dedication to the site and their adherence to the spirit of this community.

Now, you may not like GED, or me, or TWC but please do not use events of which you are barely aware of, to vent your anger.

Thank you,
    Garb.

Ignore Cel; he gets his kicks from making bad situations worse.

Save for that, everything that has been said here from members of the community is entirely valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbarsardar View Post
    I am sorry, but you are wrong. GED earned the ownership, exactly as I did. He paid the exact sum I paid to the previous owner, which was the exact sum that was paid to the original owner. And he did spend an inordinate amount of money, donated equipment and kept this site functional, in a way that the previous owner (that's me) could never do because I am nigh ignorant of the technical aspects of the site.

He earned the ownership because the sale was decided by the whole Hex in consultation with me and the previous owner. TWC can only be sold to persons that have proven their dedication to the site and their adherence to the spirit of this community.

Now, you may not like GED, or me, or TWC but please do not use events of which you are barely aware of, to vent your anger.

Thank you,
    Garb.
    Consul Napoleon Bonaparte aka Celoxia has constantly proven to be toxic for our MC community (earning multiple bans). Don't characterize us with his example.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Romanus III View Post
    These sorts of posts are what he'd use to characterize us incorrectly. But I suppose teenage angst has to be spewed out in order to finally go away.
    It is only when people like Celoxia make posts like that, that I start to at least partially understand why GED did what he did. Seems like he is trying to upload a certain standard on TWC that individuals part of the MC server muddy. Though that could probably be said of every game with TWC hosted forums.

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    And I share your hope. To his credit, GED only closed the subforum, rather than move or delete it entirely. He's a good guy, despite this rash action, and I'm sure he's still thinking about the issue. What really concerns me is that TWC is so vulnerable to impromptu decisions.
    Dang it Sama lol, why'd you have to go and point out GED's error so he would go back and delete it entirely

Its sad to have to leave over such a bizarre and out of the blue set of circumstances, but there is little to be said or done in these situations. If GED really had legitimate concerns I feel he should've at least attempted to contact the community before doing all of this, but he made no attempts to figure out the situation. After reading his first set of posts it was painfully clear he didn't even know MCC was offline (and it had been for over a month) when he closed the sub-forum, so I'm not really sure what he could've expected us to do. I guess its our fault for having a strong enough community that we were able to keep it all together and moving even when MCC and the MCC server fell apart, and GED was so unreachable that none of his own personally chosen administrators could reach him.

It's time to see how strong our community really can be, if it ultimately dies just because GED wants to try and make it die with him then I can live with that. There's a lot of people that have put a lot of work into keeping this community afloat over the years, but few have ever tried so hard to sink it.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbarsardar View Post

Thank you,
    Garb.
    Forgive me, but that's exactly what GED has done.
    Last edited by Ditronian; January 12, 2015 at 12:05 PM.

Nerva's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Ditronian View Post
    Dang it Sama lol, why'd you have to go and point out GED's error so he would go back and delete it entirely

Its sad to have to leave over such a bizarre and out of the blue set of circumstances, but there is little to be said or done in these situations. If GED really had legitimate concerns I feel he should've at least attempted to contact the community before doing all of this, but he made no attempts to figure out the situation. After reading his first set of posts it was painfully clear he didn't even know MCC was offline (and it had been for over a month) when he closed the sub-forum, so I'm not really sure what he could've expected us to do. I guess its our fault for having a strong enough community that we were able to keep it all together and moving even when MCC and the MCC server fell apart, and GED was so unreachable that none of his own personally chosen administrators could reach him.

It's time to see how strong our community really can be, if it ultimately dies just because GED wants to try and make it die with him then I can live with that. There's a lot of people that have put a lot of work into keeping this community afloat over the years, but few have ever tried so hard to sink it.

Forgive me, but that's exactly what GED has done.
    He can try, but we aren't going down just because of it.

What I don't understand is why this thread is still open. I was expecting reprisals for us even commenting in this thread.

I am so pissed I don't even know where to start. But I will be damned..
    That sounds very angry.. I'm not sure it would be a surprising that the community expresses some level of frustration in response.

when I leave for a month for personal reasons I find this?
    Coming back and finding Ditro, Sanny, Connor, Keels, and the rest of the staff and community doing yeoman's work keeping the community alive and thriving under TWC's wing, under difficult circumstances?

I don't recall anything bad said about GED all the time he was gone, or about the previous admins that I saw. Nor was anyone trying to steal players from TWC and siphon them off to other servers, nor saying screw MCC it sucks, nor anything bad at all. It was all positive, constructive, creative, and was a success in keeping the community together and growing.

This appears to be overlooked, for reasons which are hard to understand.

firebird
    Last edited by firebird1170; January 18, 2015 at 08:05 AM.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Buddydog View Post
    What I don't understand is why this thread is still open. I was expecting reprisals for us even commenting in this thread.
    I wouldn't expect that, most of those who have commented did so maturely and respectfully, although I expect Jay and Celoxia to recieve some sort of reprisal due to the ill-intentioned nature and derogatory image they presented in their responses.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

This is a sad day, and even though this is sad for my fond memories of twc minecraft, which i must admit i have done more than MCC minecraft i understand that GED did what he did, maybe he does feel hurt, just as all of us are also hurt by his decision. But i guess the only thing to do know is move on and play some more minecraft!

Eöl's Avatar Divide and Conquer
    Artifex

I have not been around for a long time untill I came back 2 days ago, but I do want to point something out.
    It is highly unlikely to the point of unbelievable that the admins of mcc couldn't reach GED. When I was the only minecraft moderator online when we were being hacked a long time ago, I managed to contact GED within an hour while he was on a camping trip in the middle of nowhere. GeD is always available for emergency contact (through mail / twc conctact info / other hex staff / phone) and the job of the staff is to contact him if things go wrong.

Under the patronage of Přntifex Maximus

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Eöl View Post
    I have not been around for a long time untill I came back 2 days ago, but I do want to point something out.
    It is highly unlikely to the point of unbelievable that the admins of mcc couldn't reach GED. When I was the only minecraft moderator online when we were being hacked a long time ago, I managed to contact GED within an hour while he was on a camping trip in the middle of nowhere. GeD is always available for emergency contact (through mail / twc conctact info / other hex staff / phone) and the job of the staff is to contact him if things go wrong.
    Sadly, Eol, that was not the case. GED is/was often too busy with other things. He drew back from MCC quite a bit after we got out of the gate, which was only somewhat expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Eöl View Post
    Obviously if this was the case none of this would have happened as he would've known about it well in advance, and some of the entirely game-stopping problems that led to where we are now would've been addressed (ie MCC being entirely down for over a month). The only alternative explanation is that the MCC staff was so inactive that they never cared enough to contact GED, despite the assurances that they had.

Either way the end result is the same, necessitating actions being taken by the community to save itself where all staff and GED himself had failed. GED could have just as happily reacquired everything once he returned but instead he'd rather do this, so its clear now we're better off for it in the long run.
    Last edited by Ditronian; January 12, 2015 at 01:21 PM.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Another complete misrepresentation, and you know it full well.
    I stand by my statement. There is absolutely no mechanism by which the rest of Hex, even unanimously, can overrule your decisions. As the sole and complete owner of the site, that point is unassailable. I quite clearly stated they have input, as Connor reminded you, so to what extend am I 'misrepresenting' that process? Hiring/Firing decision comes up, Hex have input, you make the Yes/No decision. What part of that process is misrepresented?

Eol: GED was gone for so long, TWC Hex sent him an email to his personal email address asking if everything was ok. Hawk did not, as I understand it, have access to that email address. There's a massive difference between your tenure as a Mod (when GED was actually playing on the server regularly) and the situation as it stood when Hawk was faced with his decisions. You can't fault Hawk for not being able to get hold of GED in these circumstances.
    Last edited by Poach; January 12, 2015 at 01:26 PM.

Can we please refrain from personal insults and cursing? This is hardly the place for inane toys-r-us jokes or otherwise, and it is incredibly tactless to tell GED he wasted money. Remember that this community would almost surely be dead if it weren't for what he did for us.

There are admins viewing this forum, and as Buddydog mentioned, they have kept this thread open so far. Frankly, they'll get a pretty good picture of the community from these four pages: mostly mature albeit impassioned, punctuated with serious lapses of judgement. Forum or not, you'll need GED and others to at least allow a TWC recruitment thread if the server is to endure.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Can we please refrain from personal insults and cursing? This is hardly the place for inane toys-r-us jokes or otherwise, and it is incredibly tactless to tell GED he wasted money. Remember that this community would almost surely be dead if it weren't for what he did for us.

There are admins viewing this forum, and as Buddydog mentioned, they have kept this thread open so far. Frankly, they'll get a pretty good picture of the community from these four pages: mostly mature albeit impassioned, punctuated with serious lapses of judgement. Forum or not, you'll need GED and others to at least allow a TWC recruitment thread if the server is to endure.
    An advertisement thread of the server is a good choice indeed. Like we have done int he past with servers like minecraftpvp and so forth.

Can we please refrain from personal insults and cursing?
    This is a good advice.

The ToS does apply here and will be enforced. If someone needs to vent out something which would break the ToS, I suggest temporarily stepping away from the computer.