Thread: Three Essential Preference Script Changes to Enhance your Gaming Experience

Default Three Essential Preference Script Changes to Enhance your Gaming Experience

Three essential preference script changes to enhance your game experience.
    In addition to below. I would recommend turning off the radar and turning off the floating flags. It will make the battles more difficult. Generally, I keep the ships flags on because it is nearly impossible to tell who is who in a fight, especially with 30 plus ships. However, in land battles it is definitely better. On a side note, fighting naval battles having only the rear flag as a guide on who is who can be fun as well. The choice is yours. Bare minimum, switch to mouse over.

Developers Battle Camera (really close up and far away views) [Original]

How To DO:
    Find the file Labelled:
    Preferences.script

• Located in:

For Vista/Windows 7: C:\Users\"youraccountname"\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts
    For Windows 8: C\user\user\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

Once in this file change this line:

default_camera_type 0; # default_battle_camera <card32>, default battle camera: 0-totalwar 1-rts 2-debug #
    Change the 0 to a 2.
    Save the File and Close.
    There are no bugs, except if you access the Main Video settings, and or In Game Control settings then it will reset and you will have to exit and reapply.

It is great for screenshots, and even better for the “Follow units key” (default: delete)

RECCOMENDATIONS:
    When you Open Total war and play a skirmish, it will enter in developer’s camera. (will be a little disorientating at first, camera may throw you a long way away [would recommend double clicking on a unit card])

Sea is no longer the floor, you can see under and around ships, even ‘stick your head out a gun hole’ this is best with the ‘follow’ function because it will keep you moving with the ship (even if you are inside it)

Preferences Script Setting for better Battle AI behavior [Original]
    Go into your Empire Preferences script file located in Drive C;Users/user name/AppData/Roaming/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Empire/scripts/preferences.empire_script.
    scroll down to the bottom of the script and find these two lines:
    multithreaded_model_enabled false; # multithreaded_model_enabled <true|false>, Run the battle model on a separate thread #
    number_of_threads
    0; # number_of_threads <int>, Set the number of threads <= 0 - automatic, >0 = explicit number #

Change it to read this:
    multithreaded_model_enabled true; # multithreaded_model_enabled <true|false>, Run the battle model on a separate thread #
    number_of_threads
    2; # number_of_threads <int>, Set the number of threads <= 0 - automatic, >0 = explicit number #

(If you use a quad core processor the number of thread should put is 4. Click save.)
    Go back to the preferences file and right click on it and go to properties and click 'read only' and then apply then ok.
    NOTE: For some reason those two lines are not together in my file. Plus it was already set to true. I supposed when I had to re download it somehow saved that preference.

Unlimited Men On Battlefield! [Original]
    As you know reinforcements come in as units are destroyed and also come in quite late into the battle. This can be a major headache. So go into your preference.script file
    Located here: Drive C;/users/user name/AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Empire/scripts/preferences.empire_scr]
    Open the folder and type in the line below at the end of the script
    Code:
    unlimited_men_on_battlefield true; # unlimited_men_on_battlefield   <true|false>, Allow unlimited men on battlefield #
    then save Go back and click "read only" and apply.
    Low and behold the enemy reinforcements started coming on to the battlefield about 10 minutes into the battle! In waves the whole army started arriving.

Default Re: Three Essential Preference Script Changes to Enhance your Gaming Experience

im so excited to try this... thanks alot!

Miraklum's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Three Essential Preference Script Changes to Enhance your Gaming Experience

What if I use an amd sextacore? number 6?

I have an i7-4790.

I have 4 cores and 8 threads. Should I put 8 at the number of threads?

because you stated that (If you use a quad core processor the number of thread should put is 4. Click save.)

Each suggestion is linked to the original thread with the original poster who suggested the changes. I would suggest PMing the originators of the suggestions if you have any questions. I posted in IS forum out of convenience. I am not an expert on what setting to use.