Thread: GEM forces Rome 2 into Directx 9

Default GEM forces Rome 2 into Directx 9

Ive tried everything to rectify this and I cant seem to.

Upon enabling GEM, only shader 3 is selectable. When I disable the gem.pack in the mod manager, shader 5 becomes selectable again.

I'm running Windows 7 64-Bit. Ive tried enabling compatibility mode in the GEM configurator and a mix of many different settings within the configurator but nothing will enable shader 5.

I'm up to date on my GPU drivers (AMD 270x 2GB) and all the redist's are updated. Ive gone through as much technical know how as I can and I cant seem to get shader 5 to be selectable when GEM is enabled.

The GEM log states GEM is hooking into Rome 2 Directx 9. The log specifically states Directx 9.

I dunno why GEM is only recognizing DX9 or why Rome 2 is only recognizing DX9 when GEM is enabled. I dunno which one of the two it is.

I reinstalled GEM as well and still got the same issue.

Default Re: GEM forces Rome 2 into Directx 9

From the main thread for GEM Rome:

"For those who struggle to get shaders 4, 4.1 and 5 working, the c++ update for 64 and 86 + net framework v4.5.2 tip in the previous posts has worked for me.
    I was about to give up when i have decided to reinstall the 64 and 86 versions again (yes, both) and it has worked."

thanks

More than 1,500 pictures: visit my Shogun epic battle screenshot thread !

Reinstalling the x64 and x86 c++ redistributables fixed the problem for me.

Yep, worked for me (use the links in the 1.0.7 versions thread). Now I just need to find some nice presets!

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by scottywilhelm View Post
    ... Now I just need to find some nice presets!
    Give mine a shot - posted it today on the preset thread

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zennappi View Post
    Reinstalling the x64 and x86 c++ redistributables fixed the problem for me.
    where are these files to download??

Edit: resolved the problem by downloading the two files, but really this fix should be in first post for GEM mod as it is an important fix that all should be aware of!
    Last edited by ToonTotalWar; February 04, 2015 at 04:49 AM.

Is this also possible for a 32bit computer?

I downloaded one of the files for 32bit for which my computer seemed to meet the requirements, but my shadermodel is still stuck on 3. I didn't find a second file (as you guys are talking about x64 and x86) that suits my computer, and I think I only installed x86… My operating system is Windows 7 by the way.

Edit: it's the tip on page 12 you mean right?
    => http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-0-7/page12
    Last edited by Faldor; February 13, 2015 at 12:10 PM.

I have a different problem, I have GEM activated and I have shader 5.0 but the shader doesn't apply :S

Still haven't been able to enable anything but shadermodel 3 in Rome 2, thought I'd bump this thread for some answers to my questions above...

Quote Originally Posted by IamOdysseus View Post
    I have a different problem, I have GEM activated and I have shader 5.0 but the shader doesn't apply :S
    What do you mean it doesn't apply? Do you mean you can select the shader 5.0 option but you don't see the shader effects in game?

I'm the same any time I start up Gem the Black squares appear on the screen when I try to adjust the graphics extra it seems to turn Gem off and the game goes back to normal Rome 2 graphics.If anyone has a fix please let us know love to try this mod out.Oh and I forgot all my cards and drivers are up to date thanks guys.