Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: DVK901's work on custom settlements,THE PICTURES

SD_Man's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: DVK901's work on custom settlements,THE PICTURES

Wow I never thought I would ever want to live in a barbarian village but I gotta say that those houses look might cozy. Not so much for the Celts but those Dacians look like they got it made!

My God, I didn't know you were still working on new cities. Great news, keep it up because it looks awesome.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

jermagon's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    Finally finished Alexandria. Here is a shot from the sea looking at the main harbor:

Side view of the same:

And a shot of the Temple of Serapis:

This was a very city to build, as the waterfront was curved, and RTW's limitations firbade me front depicting as much as I would've liked. As in, I added all I could until the game cried: "I surrender!", and started crashing. Needless to say, Alexandria is the largest most 'intense' city there will be in the game. I did however load up two full huge setting armies, and it played with issue.
    Thank you so much for reconstructing Ancient Alexandria I am really enjoying the preview to the max, and gazing at every single details, the Ptolemaic Palace the Library, the Light house, the Famous Obelisks, however I noticed that Alexandria built in a barren desert, the whole geography of Alexandria is inaccurate, the city wasn't surrounded by sandy mountains. also there was fresh water canal used to supply the city with fresh water

Edit same thing could be said about the great city of babylon, it was a city built on the river surrounded by green fields and water canals, not endless destert
    Last edited by jermagon; May 15, 2015 at 08:25 AM.

George Galloway ''You don't give a damn !!!!!!!!''

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

This mod just seems to get better and better! Cannot wait for RSIII much longer! Argh! keep up the amazing work!

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

I will check on that...some things were changed 'after' I finished the cities regarding the surrounding terrain. Thanks for pointing that out.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by jermagon View Post
    Thank you so much for reconstructing Ancient Alexandria I am really enjoying the preview to the max, and gazing at every single details, the Ptolemaic Palace the Library, the Light house, the Famous Obelisks, however I noticed that Alexandria built in a barren desert, the whole geography of Alexandria is inaccurate, the city wasn't surrounded by sandy mountains. also there was fresh water canal used to supply the city with fresh water

Edit same thing could be said about the great city of babylon, it was a city built on the river surrounded by green fields and water canals, not endless destert
    I increased the number of trees in the rocky desert climate so that should get fixed just by updating the geography database

Domesticus

Is the lighthouse destroyable?

Patrician

No...you would never be able to reach it with anything anyway. It's WAY out there.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

jermagon's Avatar Domesticus

I will check on that...some things were changed 'after' I finished the cities regarding the surrounding terrain. Thanks for pointing that out.
    Thanks DVK901 for considering my advise

George Galloway ''You don't give a damn !!!!!!!!''

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Amaying work, Gergovia now looks very realistic

Very nice work! Will those beautiful cities be only in Roma Surrectum 2? Will it be possible to use them in our own mods (with kudos to the creator of course)?
    "The only thing we learn from history is that we never learn from history."
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4,0 Ghz LGA 1150 | GPU: MSI AMD Radeon R9 280X 3GB DRR5 | RAM: G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U CL10 16 GB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO Basic 500 GB SATA 6 GB/s | PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 CM 630 Watt | MBU: ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer LGA1150 ATX
    Steam | Origin | Battlelog | Pics
    Austrian Company GC

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Acroneos View Post
    Very nice work! Will those beautiful cities be only in Roma Surrectum 2? Will it be possible to use them in our own mods (with kudos to the creator of course)?
    Once they are finished, I will have no issue with sharing with the RTW community. However, most Greek buildings were done by Jarlaxe (HCS), and so one would need his permission as well.
    Also, the task of integrating these changes would not be an easy one. Coastal cities were made specific to the RS2 map...ie., where the city is placed in map_regions.tga and the height of the coastline there has to match the setup of the buildings. Another major difference from the original RTW is that ALL building slots except one were removed from descr_settlement_plan.txt. I had to leave a 'dummy' slot for the 'core' buildings, but all the others are gone. They are replaced with permanent buildings in each settlement. Still another difference is that some of the buildings I constructed are parts and pieces of other buildings, or parts of buildings placed inside or around others....the Carthaginian Port, for example, is actually made of scores of 'wall joiners' carefully placed in two concentric circles...one inside the other. The port itself is over 500 lines of code to put it together and place it exactly where it is.

Still, one could use the basic 'non-port' cities easy enough.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Prince of Epirus's Avatar Libertus

how can i download these to work on the actual game ??

Hi DVK! good seeing you again. This really looks great! How is the rest of the team? Tone? Take care.

Roma Surrectum Greek/Spartan Researcher/Tester.

Just finished Jerusalem, for now. Here is a view of David's Tomb:

A general view of the city, with both Jewish and Greek influences, as well as an older inner wall:

More or less same view from other side:

And last, the temple of Jerusalem:

I am not at all happy with this depiction of the Temple, but there is just nothing in RTW I could find that would build this odd building. I may find something, but for now, I just made one up. This was a fairly 'plain' city in the time before Christ, so it pretty much looks plain and kinda rugged. Looks pretty cool, however. City sits on a plateau overlooking the Dead Sea to the east.

Moving on to Seleucia now to build the Citadel!
    Nice job! Excellent.

Roma Surrectum Greek/Spartan Researcher/Tester.

Patrician

More progress on new settlements...this time, Barbarian and Nomad. I've basically picked the better settlement models with the best pathfinding and playability.

This will be the settlement used for Dacian and Scythian cities, as well as Barb settlements around Illyria and Greece. Shown is the King's..or Warlord's hold atop a citadel

This picture is just an overview of part of the city.

Although these may not look 'that' different from the original RS2 Barbarian cities, there has been a lot of detail work and re-texturing to make them look as good as possible.

This is a Dacian-Scythian Large Town overview:

And this is the corresponding town settlement:

This is an overview of the 'default' and\or Germanic version of a Large Town:

It's actually the 'town' model expanded by adding more 'huts'. The default version of the city will be the same as the large town picture shown above.

This is a shot of a Nomad town....with a race track and tents. The idea behind the Nomad versions of settlements is that, at first, they are 'portable'....a lot of tents. Over time they become more permenant.

Detail of new textures on Nomadic tents....taken from pictures of the real thing:

And finally, a Nomad city which has become a bit more permanent for it's inhabitants:

So, unless I come across something I missed, I will be on to the task of setting all of these up in descr_strat.txt so that they will appear where they should in campaigns.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Great stuff; keep up the good work DVK!

More progress on new settlements...this time, Barbarian and Nomad. I've basically picked the better settlement models with the best pathfinding and playability.

This will be the settlement used for Dacian and Scythian cities, as well as Barb settlements around Illyria and Greece. Shown is the King's..or Warlord's hold atop a citadel

This picture is just an overview of part of the city.

Although these may not look 'that' different from the original RS2 Barbarian cities, there has been a lot of detail work and re-texturing to make them look as good as possible.

This is a Dacian-Scythian Large Town overview:

And this is the corresponding town settlement:

This is an overview of the 'default' and\or Germanic version of a Large Town:

It's actually the 'town' model expanded by adding more 'huts'. The default version of the city will be the same as the large town picture shown above.

This is a shot of a Nomad town....with a race track and tents. The idea behind the Nomad versions of settlements is that, at first, they are 'portable'....a lot of tents. Over time they become more permenant.

Detail of new textures on Nomadic tents....taken from pictures of the real thing:

And finally, a Nomad city which has become a bit more permanent for it's inhabitants:

So, unless I come across something I missed, I will be on to the task of setting all of these up in descr_strat.txt so that they will appear where they should in campaigns.
    Oh god these can't come sooner <3

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

great looking barbarian towns,but the nomad town should have no walls at all,just always a good garrison.even without a garrison script
    only when they get permanent city's addding walls
    +reps
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius