Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: DVK901's work on custom settlements,THE PICTURES

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: DVK901's work on custom settlements,THE PICTURES

Do you have any plans for Syracuse?

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Syracuse is done...I'll post a pic in a bit.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    Syracuse is done...I'll post a pic in a bit.
    Can't wait!

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

you can find syracuse in the first post also,under port settlements
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

Cleopatra gazes at the Pharos from the splender of her palace once again.
    Looks great! btw: you asked me once what I mean with that glitch in coastal waves. Just take a look at the shoreline and you'll see it. I fixed it but I see, you didn't had the time yet to apply my fix.

Patrician

Are you talking about the 'blue tinge' that creeps way up the beach, because I did use most of your stuff except a texture maybe. I'll give it another look, cause I would like to get rid of that. Even Vanilla has it.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Syracuse looks fantastic! Also, are you going to be doing anything with the barbarian cities?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Ciciro View Post
    Syracuse looks fantastic! Also, are you going to be doing anything with the barbarian cities?
    Absolutely. I have been thinking about them a lot lately. Some Barb settlements are done...or at least mostly, the Hilltop ones anyway. But I've got more ideas for them anyway.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Amazing work on Alexandria, in the new version I think I will march Seleucid army to Alexandria as soon as possible

Absolutely. I have been thinking about them a lot lately. Some Barb settlements are done...or at least mostly, the Hilltop ones anyway. But I've got more ideas for them anyway.
    Great! Also, any tentative estimates on when the next version is coming out? Like sooner than we think, or we might get it as an early Christmas present?

Patrician

I would say Christmas is more realistic......I have a lot of work to do still.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Amazing work as usual, DVK.

I want to help modelling and retexturing these buildings so badly! But I am stuck in finding out how to convert these .cas files and what program I can use.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Quintillius View Post
    I want to help modelling and retexturing these buildings so badly! But I am stuck in finding out how to convert these .cas files and what program I can use.
    Check this out:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...do=file&id=141

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Patrician

Finally finished Alexandria. Here is a shot from the sea looking at the main harbor:

Side view of the same:

And a shot of the Temple of Serapis:

This was a very city to build, as the waterfront was curved, and RTW's limitations firbade me front depicting as much as I would've liked. As in, I added all I could until the game cried: "I surrender!", and started crashing. Needless to say, Alexandria is the largest most 'intense' city there will be in the game. I did however load up two full huge setting armies, and it played with issue.

R.I.P. My Beloved Father

dvk901 splendid work here!
    Are you maybe interested in creating those awesome looking settlements in the engine of medieval 2 aswell?
    EBII could need a helping hand when it comes to settlement creation...

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by xHolyCrusader View Post
    dvk901 splendid work here!
    Are you maybe interested in creating those awesome looking settlements in the engine of medieval 2 aswell?
    EBII could need a helping hand when it comes to settlement creation...
    I second that idea! Doing that wouldn't just help Europa Barbarorum II alone, since the other antiquity-era mods for Medieval II Total War like De Bello Mundi and Invasio Barbarorum II use the same exact settlement models (which, as I've stated earlier in this thread, aren't very good at all, extremely undeveloped, especially the barren acropolis for Greek cities that are put to shame by DVK's models here for RSII).

All I can really do is stand in awe of your work, DVK901. Recently I've decided to try and modify the settlements for EB II (as mentioned above) using the IWTE. However, I'm a complete n00b when it comes to that and this is literally day #1 of me learning how to even use IWTE. I honestly wish I had your skills and experience, because I would definitely try to improve the poor fishing-village-looking settlements in EB II into something that is at least presentable and far more realistic for an ancient Greek polis or Roman city.

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

I noticed some palm trees at the harbour are floating on water. Could you remove or fix them?

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

that city looks so nice,great work of art it is.but what do mean with it played with issue?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Wow.
    Its amazing how much things have progressed since you first started working on settlements.
    Great work!

I am a bit disappointed with the ETA but of course i understand this is a lot of work.
    Is there any chance however that you would release a smaller update before the big custom settlement patch?

I played quite a bit with different factions and i have some small suggestions on how to improve the mod.

1.Make Legion Recruitment information available ingame. High Tier barracks dont appear in the browser so you cant tell what you can recruit in a region. The AOR maps are useful but not that immersive.

2. Roads should be available from the start in more regions(dirt roads). AI factions dont seem to build/prioritize them but they should be there.

3. You mentioned removing "Epic" Walls and with them the Nuke Towers. I think arrow towers should be buffed so that they are more dangerous and also more valuable to capture in a siege.

4. I notice a problem that AI factions have with Treasuries. Some factions just lose when their Treasury city is captured because they lose the bonuses. I think those bonuses should be split among 3-4 very important cities for most factions.
    This would be more historically accurate since more than one city would be of value, it wouldnt be as easy to exploit in a war and factions would be stronger.

5. Take advantage of the Launcher more. There are some things that could be in there as options and messing with the IMPORTANT_STUFF folder wouldnt be required.
    Options for Faster Battles submod, Map Borders and the 2nd Rebellion Script(which i have said before is not a good feature the way it is).

6. Some factions are really lacking music compared to Rome or Greece.Factions like Sarmatia or other Barbarians have 4 tracks...
    I have listened to the RS2 soundtrack and picked some which could be featured by all factions since they dont sound "culture specific".
    -Another Battle
    -Another 3 Battle
    -Battle Theme 2
    -Battle Thrill
    -Celtic Summer luxury(campaign map)
    -Desire Strings
    -Eastern Battle(not eastern at all)
    -Field of Swords
    -Iapygian Battle Draft
    -One nation
    -Only a Dream(campaign)
    -The Great Empire(campaign)
    -Storm

I also noticed that the RS intro doesnt play on BI.exe/ALX.exe and there are some barbarian War Cries which are sounds from LOTR. Orc sounds really break immersion and should be removed but the others are great.
    I keep seeing that units that exit Testudo stay in a very dense formation after and dont go back to the default one. Can someone confirm this?

There should be more loading quotes instead of just one. You can try to place them in the loading image so that you still avoid the CTD problem. Not perfect but there would be more than one. We could select a few really good quotes.

Most of this stuff would just improve the quality of the mod so there is no reason not to do it.