Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: DVK901's work on custom settlements,THE PICTURES

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: DVK901's work on custom settlements,THE PICTURES

Just dropping by to say how much I admire the effort and skill that has obviously gone into your work.

I was wondering, since I might be having to try something similar soon, how you get the settlement so close to the coast there? I've got cities that are on the border of the sea region but in the battlemap they are still quite a distance from the water.

Libertus

Don't know if I may ask this here, but as this thread is about something that will be in the next version, here it goes: I'm reinstalling RTW and the mods, so I'd like to ask, if you (dvk) know it already, will RSIII be modfoldered or will I still need a separate install as usual. Just to know if I make a copy of RTW folder or not. Cheers dvk, hope you're faring well, and, as always, thumbs up!

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Thank you for your comments, and I hope I have answered you question in the PM I sent you.

RSIII, like RS2.5, cannot be modfoldered because this mod is 'modfoldered to itself'. So yes, you will need a separate RTW install to play it.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Answered very well, thank you again

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

really looking forward to play roma surrectum again. did not play mutch lately but gonna do alot of hours on the new version
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

vasiooo's Avatar Libertus

Man, this mode is still alive and well.
    Wow, you people are awesome!

Impressive work.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I cannot see any screenshots?

Quote Originally Posted by The Wandering Storyteller View Post
    I cannot see any screenshots?
    Looks like the Forum Masters have gone and deleted all older uploads.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    Looks like the Forum Masters have gone and deleted all older uploads.
    LOL. WTF? Why rely on TWC at all for a major preview like this? These should have all been uploaded to a stable website like Imgur (Reddit's main image hosting site that's been around since 2009, so there's no excuse). Even a stupid blogging website like Tumblr that got rid of all its NSWF content is more stable than this when it comes to image hosting, since I've got Tumblr links from a decade ago that still work here on TWC. I'm still amazed that people use websites like Photobucket for image hosting, but this is just as bad.

Thankfully Youtube has Rome Surrectum II and III campaign walkthroughs with battle map settlements and units, like this one for the Greeks (although no systematic preview of all settlement models):

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    LOL. WTF? Why rely on TWC at all for a major preview like this? These should have all been uploaded to a stable website like Imgur (Reddit's main image hosting site that's been around since 2009, so there's no excuse). Even a stupid blogging website like Tumblr that got rid of all its NSWF content is more stable than this when it comes to image hosting, since I've got Tumblr links from a decade ago that still work here on TWC. I'm still amazed that people use websites like Photobucket for image hosting, but this is just as bad.
    If you are referring to the images in the first post? Then if you quote to reply to the first post, instead of assuming that this is a TWC generated problem you will see that the image links were from postimg.org - which apparently has died.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    If you are referring to the images in the first post? Then if you quote to reply to the first post, instead of assuming that this is a TWC generated problem you will see that the image links were from postimg.org - which apparently has died.

Oh, well that explains it. Still not a wise move to have used a website like that. Would be nice if the OP or someone would repost a proper image preview for DVK901's amazing work on settlements (I remember them being awesome but haven't played this game since 2014/2015, after which I switched over to MT2W's Europa Barbarorum II entirely)