Thread: How to use efficiently the Hoplites

Default How to use efficiently the Hoplites

Hi everyone !

I've been trying this mod for several days now, as I started a campaign with Argos.
    I was invaded in turn 3 by Sparte (so surprising ), and tried to attack them right at the border. I gathered my Hoplites and started a battle.

On the battlefield I organized them into a defense line on guard mode, with javelin launchers on each side, and then the Spartans rushed into them. Ten seconds later every single hoplite of my army was wether dead or routed, and the Spartan ones looked untouched. I tried to use reinforcements to go around my last remaining fighting group but still my army was routed in 3 mins !

I've no experience on Hoplites fighting, I used to play M2TW and RS2 but this was a massacre I hadn't seen in a long time ! Tried several times though, still the Spartans were incredibly strong
    What am I doing wrong ?? I know Spartans Hoplites are fierce warriors but theirs stats aren't that different from mine.

Thanks in advance for any tip or help !!

Default Re: How to use efficiently the Hoplites

I tried several battles this week-end against Spartan armies, each time my men didn't stand longer that 10s against these Spartan Hoplites (even against light ones), even in guard mode and without any flanking movements, only one line against another. I can't fix them and try any flanking moves...
    What is wrong with them ??

Default Re: How to use efficiently the Hoplites

I think I'm not the only one, if I rely on this topic : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-Modification
    Just downloaded these files, let's try them !