Thread: Province the same as in Rome 2?

Default Province the same as in Rome 2?

Will the build up of provinces like being in Rome 2? (A big city along with smaller towns with limited building possibilities) Or will that change?

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Province the same as in Rome 2?

its the same

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Each province will consist of 3 regions in Attila, rather than 2-4. Other than that, it works largely the same way besides of more customization options in Attila.
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon Templar View Post
    Will the build up of provinces like being in Rome 2? (A big city along with smaller towns with limited building possibilities) Or will that change?
    The same.

The idea is that rather than every region becoming a jack-of-all-trades as well as a master of everything, each region should serve a specific purpose. I.E one region might be focused on farming, another on commerce, another on military etc - so geographic positioning and ability to defend said provinces become a consideration.

It's a far better system than the "Huge City, Huge City, Huge City, Huge City" of the previous games.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Its a bit non sensical but it works better from a gameplay perspective I think, atleast with walls on minor settlements like in Attila. Just a few more slots would be nice aswell.

It's not the same like some have said. It is very similar though, which I find disappointing. Provinces now have exactly three regions. One region in that province is still arbitrarily made the capitol. Which I may point out is completely nonsensical. Areas of land don't have capitols, nations do. Supposedly we will be able to build walls in the other two regions unlike in Rome 2. The building chains are still different between the capitol and other two regions I think. I can't overstate how much I hate this arbitrary system they've come up with. They may think it makes for "interesting" choices and a more balanced game, but I just find it arbitrary, nonsensical, annoying, frustrating, and non-immersive. The systems they had in Empire, Napoleon, and Shogun 2 were far superior in my opinion.