Thread: Is it possible to replace sound effects?

Default Is it possible to replace sound effects?

I'm hoping to make a sound effects mod. Is it possible to make audio mods for effects?

Default Re: Is it possible to replace sound effects?

Possible, yes. The program has a built in 'Game capture' system that i dont think anyones played with yet, that theoretically would load up your game, and play all sounds in that scene in the program so you can edit it etc.

But we have no documentation on it, nor are we likely to get any. If youd like to give it a go, good luck and remember to create a guide for everyone else who wants a go!

Which program? Wwise?

Civis

hmm, interesting , does this also apply to the soldier banter / general speech?

wwise yes.

Any sound ingame (ANY) in theory can be edited by wwise. Atm we only have the preplans for music

Thanks for the info. Have you tried working with the sound effects yourself?

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Is there a way to get any more preplans for the other segments of Rome II's audio? Perhaps e-mailing a member at CA?

I'm currently playing around with the idea of creating a video cutscene mod and have managed to get the custom videos themselves working, but not the custom audio. I need to know the exact event trigger names that fire for the .bik files, otherwise they won't play at all.
    Last edited by Benjin; February 20, 2016 at 12:51 PM.
    3D ARTIST (MODELS/TEXTURES), ANIMATOR, RIGGER