Page 31 of 60 FirstFirst ... 621222324252627282930313233343536373839404156 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 killed in a gun attack in France.

Default Re: 10 killed in a gun attack in France.

It's an interesting confluence of historical trends that created this particular panorama, oil funded Saudi fundamentalism, Pakistani paranoia, Soviet adventurism, and American proxy wars.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post
    No you claimed that Hesbollah condemned this. Hesbollah has also used terror tactics in the past. The difference is that today media are more focused in Sunni terrorism than Iran. In the 80s media were against shias
    I did not claimed it but apparently Nasrallah did so. I'm sorry for just sharing that piece of information.

Ofcourse there's more focus on sunni terrorism .............

Are you an admirer of Saddam?
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Julia Domna View Post
    I did not claimed it but apparently Nasrallah did so. I'm sorry for just sharing that piece of information.

Ofcourse there's more focus on sunni terrorism .............

Are you an admirer of Saddam?
    Saddam was a dictator but the problem has less to do with Saddam and more to do with how the west overthew his regime. Its like suffering from something and not condemning the doctor who did a botched surgery and the patient died. If chaos reigns in Iraq, its a result of the botched surgery not of Saddam

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Well,the Sunday march with many world politicians,will be a magnet for those lone wolfs.
    And another point to be discussed,this seems to be a strike against the west,obviously,but seems to be a competition between AQ and ISIS,the first one seems to be more able to act in west.As they want contradicts the actual ISIS glamour.
    Last edited by pajomife; January 09, 2015 at 02:06 PM.

So the "hostage" hid himself the whole day in a box
    454-480 Western Roman Politics (Article)
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. - W. Shakespeare
    We (...) have converted the miracles of science into a chamber of horrors -R. Hull

USA knew how to gain a victory, but not how to use it - F.J. Nepos
    You will be ruled by either a crown, a clown, or a crook, and democracy assures that you won't get the first one.

Nelfe's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by TWmodding View Post
    So the "hostage" hid himself the whole day in a box
    Yes, and he phoned to the police and gave them many valuable informations on the two terrorists (what they did, etc.) and the plan of the print farm.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post
    Saddam was a dictator but the problem has less to do with Saddam and more to do with how the west overthew his regime. Its like suffering from something and not condemning the doctor who did a botched surgery and the patient died. If chaos reigns in Iraq, its a result of the botched surgery not of Saddam
    Not only that but the help given by western countries* to the Syrian rebels also helped ISIS.

* like France

" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Yayattasa View Post
    And who funds Saudi Arabia?
    Oil? You think the US just gives the Saudis money to go around support terror groups? Derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Yayattasa View Post
    The IS formed to fend off the coalition forces intervention in Iraq. Also, you dismantled any chance the current dictators had to put their insurgency down and simply left the locals to their fates.
    The IS formed before the Iraq War. Try again.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

trance's Avatar Vicarius

Let us just rejoice and bask in the glory that is GIGN.

Once again they prove themselves to be BAMFs and some of the best in the world in hostage-rescue situations.

They ought to get stats boosts in CS after this .

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The situation in Montpelier remains unsolved,a strange day for a jewelry heist.

"We are all Charlie.
    I am Charlie.
    Don't let their death be in vain.
    No to racism! No to terrorism! No to terror!
    Yes to freedom of expression and to our rights!

Press release from Anonymous. In light of the attack on Charlie Hebdo, we had previously warned you that we planned on shedding light on all these events. In tribute to those innocents who were murdered Anonymous have decided to declare war on you the terrorists. We are going to hunt you down and destroy you. You allowed yourself to kill innocent people. We intend on avenging their deaths. We are going to watch all your activities on the internet. We will close your accounts on all social media. You will not impose your sharia law on our democracies. We won't let your stupidity kill our freedom of expression. You are warned. Await your destruction. We are going to hunt you down everywhere. You won't be safe anywhere. We are Anonymous. We don't forgive. We don't forget. Await our revenge. " (Got the translation off another site)

"Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."

Under Patronage of: Captain Blackadder

Quote Originally Posted by chilon View Post
    "We are all Charlie.
    I am Charlie.
    Don't let their death be in vain.
    No to racism! No to terrorism! No to terror!
    Yes to freedom of expression and to our rights!

Press release from Anonymous. In light of the attack on Charlie Hebdo, we had previously warned you that we planned on shedding light on all these events. In tribute to those innocents who were murdered Anonymous have decided to declare war on you the terrorists. We are going to hunt you down and destroy you. You allowed yourself to kill innocent people. We intend on avenging their deaths. We are going to watch all your activities on the internet. We will close your accounts on all social media. You will not impose your sharia law on our democracies. We won't let your stupidity kill our freedom of expression. You are warned. Await your destruction. We are going to hunt you down everywhere. You won't be safe anywhere. We are Anonymous. We don't forgive. We don't forget. Await our revenge. " (Got the translation off another site)

Be interesting to see if they can have any effect on something like this.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    have a rep

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

That meme came with perfect timing, Phier. Nicely done.

That said, Anonymous isn't to be scoffed at or downplayed entirely. They've built a reputation for backing their threats up with action, at least when it comes to blacking out webpages operated by their professed enemies. Perhaps this means they're going after the Twitter accounts used by IS and al-Qaeda? Or their online magazines like Inspire?

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    They've built a reputation for backing their threats up with action, at least when it comes to blacking out webpages operated by their professed enemies.
    Like what? Posting naughty pictures of Jihadists?
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    That meme came with perfect timing, Phier. Nicely done.
    ya even I laughed at that

That said, Anonymous isn't to be scoffed at or downplayed entirely. They've built a reputation for backing their threats up with action, at least when it comes to blacking out webpages operated by their professed enemies. Perhaps this means they're going after the Twitter accounts used by IS and al-Qaeda? Or their online magazines like Inspire?
    I could definitely see an ongoing Anonymous campaign disrupting a lot of the internet recruiting ISIS has done in the last year or so.
    "Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."

Under Patronage of: Captain Blackadder

Another attack:
    Carcassonne, a french parachutist threatened with a machet..."you the guys of 3rd RPIMa[french soldiers] you're the nexts. We will do to you what we did to Charlie Hebdo, Allah Akbar, . we Bip your Bip!" The journalist obviously written this person have a mental disorder. (to qualify an agressor of either "young" or "mental disordered" is very common in french bien pensant discourse, remember it)
    Such things considered as neglectable happend on a daily basis. Ambiance.

http://www.lindependant.fr/2015/01/0...ar,1977157.php

Assault of GIGN-Dammartin. Official stuff.
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; January 09, 2015 at 05:13 PM.

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

Apparently, in both situations the police were helped by information from inside. They knew that Amedi, the guy in the supermarket, was praying because he hadn't hung up his phone properly.

Also, I was wondering this all through the last couple of days: we now have the answer to why so few people died: apparently the two brothers deliberately targeted Charlie Hebdo and the police, they were not out to harm civilians and indeed they actually met numerous people during their flight and told them as such.
    Last edited by Copperknickers II; January 09, 2015 at 05:24 PM.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

Quote Originally Posted by Copperknickers II View Post
    Also, I was wondering this all through the last couple of days: we now have the answer to why so few people died: apparently the two brothers deliberately targeted Charlie Hebdo and the police, they were not out to harm civilians and indeed they actually met numerous people during their flight and told them as such.
    Its called strategy. Its obvious then successful terrorists are ones who have reasonnable objectives.

Merah also have such objectives...and we can also add he was a nice guy who helped old peoples and have a diplome in car bodywork repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    The IS formed before the Iraq War. Try again.
    Nope, do your homework. You are mixing the names. The ISIS formed after the Iraq war.