Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marvel's Ant-Man (July 17th)

Default Re: Marvel's Ant-Man (July 17th)

For now except Peyton Reed, another worst fear of mine that it's gonna be yet another by the books boring origins story, because Ant Man was probably pland for Phase one not three.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    For now except Peyton Reed, another worst fear of mine that it's gonna be yet another by the books boring origins story, because Ant Man was probably pland for Phase one not three.
    I wouldn't say that. You do too many characters in Phase 1 you run out of room in Avengers. I mean, Black Widow and Hawkeye are basically supporting stars for god's sake. I'd like them to get their own movies, but it's what you have to live with. If Ant-Man had his own film back then what would they have to justify? Or would they just have to look the other way and pretend and say nothing like with War Machine? A by the book origins story is totally fine, especially when the Infinity War is planned for two movies anyway. Fact of the matter Marvel is going epic so it works.

As far as the director...Marvel has rolled the dice before. I'd say they've rolled high by pattern so I'd say these are more weighted than anything. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. They've earned it.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Well I admit I was wrong about Guardians of the Galaxy. I had my doubts and I enjoyed that. That said, I have my doubts this. Primarily because I've never found Ant Man to be very interesting. In fact I always found him rather silly as a super hero. Although the casting as Paul Rudd is pretty cool. Still sort of feels weird him having his own film but nothing for Hawkeye or Widow. But I guess their crossovers sort of help in some regard. Especially for Widow.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

New trailer

Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Nope, not feeling it.
    Specifically addressing the trailer, not wise how they made a serious, heavy trailer with a few random comic lines mixed in. Just did not fit, especially with the music.

Then there is the entire premise, just does nothing for me. Let me get this straight, when he is small he has superhuman strength...so we will see things like that guard at 1:25 in the above trailer? No thanks.
    Last edited by Darth Red; April 15, 2015 at 08:04 AM. Reason: continuity

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Physics dont work like that.

Anyway looks like a 'right action flick. Dunno If i'll watch in in the cinema. Depends if people wanna go watch some movie when its on I guess. I wont go out of my way to see it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Physics dont work like that.
    Ant-man physics do.

Sold on the toy train fight alone.
    Last edited by Darth Red; April 15, 2015 at 08:05 AM. Reason: continuity
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

This looks hilarious. I like Paul Rudd.

Quote Originally Posted by ggsimmonds View Post
    Then there is the entire premise, just does nothing for me. Let me get this straight, when he is small he has superhuman strength...so we will see things like that guard at 1:25 in the above trailer?
    It's more like he retains his normal human strength at ant size.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Darth Red's Avatar It's treason, then

Gentlemen, I've moved a few posts revolving around the broader market saturation topic to its own thread. It can be found here.

Let's keep the topic of this thread to Ant-Man. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Darth Red; April 15, 2015 at 09:28 AM.
    Officially Bottled Awesome™ by Justinian

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Sold on the toy train fight alone.
    Yes. Oh god yes.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Final trailer.

Early reviews are making it look like a good movie. The only negative reviews I have seen so far say that they found the movie boring, which doesn't mean its bad, it just means the reviewer didn't particularly find it interesting.

Guess we will have to see. A little less than two weeks away now.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

It looks like a fun movie, I just wish they would stop complaining about the god damn name.

Quote Originally Posted by saxdude View Post
    It looks like a fun movie, I just wish they would stop complaining about the god damn name.
    Are you saying that as the new generational recruit(Ant-Man: Beyond!) you wouldn't have issues with the name?
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Not in a world were Captain America is a thing. I mean jeez Scott, have any better ideas? like: Tinyman, Bugman, shrinkingman, termiteman, spiderman? No? Then shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by saxdude View Post
    Not in a world were Captain America is a thing. I mean jeez Scott, have any better ideas? like: Tinyman, Bugman, shrinkingman, termiteman, spiderman? No? Then shut up.
    Taking issue with the name, being allowed to come up with another name, and thus bothering to come up with another name are three different and distinct ideas. Until he's allowed to reach the third by the master the apparentice isn't going to do much more than make wisecracks. But by the end of the origin story of the apprentice(which this is) he's embraced the name, making it a moot point.

As you say, shut up and learn how these stories work.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

I don't give a damn how you want to justify his attitude, It's a dumb thing for marvel to focus on, when you already have 2 whole phases of Marvel movies more ridiculous than this. I don't care for comic book movies being ashamed of themselves.

So yeah, just because you can fit it in the story, doesn't mean it's not dumb.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Ant Man is a stupid name and them pointing it out will play for laughs for the audience who will also think its a stupid name because it is.

The reason Batman and Spiderman work is because people have gotten used to it (Batman is even in the spelling correction, spiderman is not, poor Peter) They are still stupid names though.

Captain America is probably the stupidest of all, but I'm getting used to it. But back when he was new on international stage I was facepalming. (I'm assuming you all know that comic-book nerds are a minute minority of those that watch the movies. Especially overseas)

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

The reason Batman and Spiderman work is because people have gotten used to it (Batman is even in the spelling correction, spiderman is not, poor Peter) They are still stupid names though.
    That's because his name isn't Spiderman but rather Spider-Man
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Ant Man is a stupid name and them pointing it out will play for laughs for the audience who will also think its a stupid name because it is.

Captain America is probably the stupidest of all, but I'm getting used to it. But back when he was new on international stage I was facepalming. (I'm assuming you all know that comic-book nerds are a minute minority of those that watch the movies. Especially overseas)
    Exactly, except this is the first movie where the mantle is passed on to a new generation where the character can possibly go "Man, dude the name is stupid do I have to call myself Ant-Man?!" and the mentor responds, "Shut up, yes you do."
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Looks way too generic. My prediction is that it will definatly flop. A few self aware jokes wont be enough to save it.

I mean.. ant man? seriously? I am surprised a name that silly would even work in a comic.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast