Thread: i know ive posted some silly ideas before...

Default i know ive posted some silly ideas before...

but this one im actually serious about, now i have a really big imagination, and this idea came to me from when i was about 9 and 10 i used to play with army men and set up battles, but i never pretended they were machine guns and stuff, i pretended they were more like muskets, and other early gunpowder weapons,(i know this sounds silly but it'll make sense in a minute).

So i would make up characters, and nations names, just completely made up stuff, and these battles werent on earth, rather they were between nations on another planet.

In most games that portray wars on other planets they make the wars between one whole planet and another whole planet, so instead this would be one planet, with many nations on it, just like earth.

So I was thinking, the campaign will be split into three parts, one is the early era, such as bows, swords, spears, and other weapons as long as it isn't crossbows, arbalesters, high quality armour, and gunpowder.
    The second era will develop into the arbalest, crossbow, high powered bows, and high quality armour, and it will have the very earliest of gunpowder weapons.
    The third part will have all high quality stuff, and develop into early rifles, and improved artillery.

The campaign will have an entirely different map, no more europe, or any other part of earth, it will be set on another planet with terrain, climates, regions, nations, land, seas, all in different areas.

The mod will feature 20 different factions, and their starting power for some will be an already well built empire(like byzantine in its peak), and others will have very little in the beginning to start with (kinda like denmark, or aragon), while others(most), will be average in size and strength to start.

The three eras will be in one whole campaign, that after a number of turns or years will allow you to advance to the next era and buy those troops that are in a higher era.

So yes the weapons will be basically the same thing as medieval style, but the units, models, skins, banners, will be completely redone.

Each faction will have a completely unique style of units, and soldiering, and each faction will have great uniqueness overall, religion will also be apart of this mod, i will make the religions such as catholic, islam, pagan, all different religions comepletely made up, i will deal with the hardcoded things like the pope, and rename him "chancelor", the catholics will be renamed "xxx" or whatever i name it, and have those nations be his protectorates, they will go on "campaigns" to the "islamic"-"which will be renamed" lands, and most of the current catholic factions will have to become islamic, so that the chancelor wont be overpowering, the "campaigns" are the renamed crusades.

So thats the idea, if you have suggestions, ideas, questions, REQUESTS TO HELP ME WITH THIS MOD, or criticism please post.

Default Re: i know ive posted some silly ideas before...

wondeful idea, BUT...

the problem with mods that change EVERYTHING is that they obviously take the longest to make. while i dont doubt your dedication, notice with RTW that most mods that ever did get finished are those that stuck to the RTW principle or at least had something to work with (lord of the rings, chivalry etc.) Blue Lotus being the odd one out here.

The point is, while the idea is amicable and cool, I have some friendly doubts as to your capabilities to pull it through.

cheers
    deguerra

keep in mind for those that read the mod description .. the soldiers will look human, just for simplicity, they wont be aliens or anything like that.

I recommend you to read my Guide to Mod development management. It's in my tent friend.
    Clients: Caius Britannicus, Waitcu, Spurius, BrandonM, and Tsar Stephan.
    http://www.totalwardai.com