Thread: [Submod] Hard/Very Hard Multiplayer Campaign, Normal Battles

Default [Submod] Hard/Very Hard Multiplayer Campaign, Normal Battles

Have you ever wanted to play a head-to-head/coop campaign with increased difficulty, but without enemy battle buffs? Now you can! I've made two submods, the first with hard campaign and normal battle difficulties, and the second one with very hard/normal campaign/battle difficulties:

Hard Campaign AI/Normal Battle AI

Very Hard Campaign AI/Normal Battle AI

Instructions: put the file in the "data" fold, load it at the total war launcher (or put it at the first place at the Mitch's mod manager) and pick normal difficulty when starting a multiplayer campaign.

There are some things that I've not changed, especially those related to startpos (like initial faction treasure), but everything else should work perfectly. If there are strange bugs or battle difficulty does not seem normal, please give feedback. Hope this helps!

Thanks to my brother, who wasted his time helping me , to all of you who made modding tutorials and to the DeI team for their great mod. Under the spoiler is what I did:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Basically, I changed the campaign values associated with normal (entries with "0"), so they have the effects of hard (-1/1, for player and IA, respectively) or very hard difficulties (-2/2). I used the DeI file to extract the tables, plus some values from the original that didn't appeared there. One question: Do the DeI tables overwrite the original file, or replace them?

Hannib4l's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: [Submod] Hard/Very Hard Multiplayer Campaign, Normal Battles

Thx dude, i was searching for a mod like this. The normal difficulty is to easy in a head to head campagne

Glad to help . I've updated the files to 1.03 (because of some changes in food values and a new table). These are the new links (I would edit the first post, but can't yet):

Hard Campaign AI/Normal Battle AI (1.03)

Very Hard Campaign AI/Normal Battle AI (1.03)

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar! Will you be uploading this to Steam as well? +rep

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

This is awesome, thank you!

One question - does it impact single player in some way?

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Wow I didn't think this was possible, thank you!
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

TheRazaman, here are the steam links for Hard and Very Hard.

Ygraine, yes it does, but only if you're playing on normal campaign difficulty. The submod will prevail over or substitute the DeI files and your real campaign difficulty will be hard/very hard (depending on the submod). So I suggest to deactivate this submod if you're playing single player on normal.

If you have chosen hard/v hard campaing difficulty, there will be no problems in single player (because the submod only changes normal campaign difficulty values).

Resuming: play normal solo, no submod. Play hard/very hard solo, the submod does nothing (indifferent)

Quote Originally Posted by Teukros View Post
    TheRazaman, here are the steam links for Hard and Very Hard.

Ygraine, yes it does, but only if you're playing on normal campaign difficulty. The submod will prevail over or substitute the DeI files and your real campaign difficulty will be hard/very hard (depending on the submod). So I suggest to deactivate this submod if you're playing single player on normal.

If you have chosen hard/v hard campaing difficulty, there will be no problems in single player (because the submod only changes normal campaign difficulty values).

Resuming: play normal solo, no submod. Play hard/very hard solo, the submod does nothing (indifferent)
    Awesome! I'll definitely be utilizing this.

And this'll be good to use with 1.03a/b right?
    Last edited by TheRazaman; January 16, 2015 at 10:08 PM.

The submod is updated to 1.03a. The 1.03b WIP contains a few changes to sieges, but I'll wait until the final 1.03b release to include them (they may change the values or raplace something after testers' reports). I even think the submod will be save-compatible as long as the main mod is. Don't worry, it won't destroy your multiplayer campaign

The submod is updated to 1.03a. The 1.03b WIP contains a few changes to sieges, but I'll wait until the final 1.03b release to include them (they may change the values or raplace something after testers' reports). I even think the submod will be save-compatible as long as the main mod is. Don't worry, it won't destroy your multiplayer campaign
    Awesome!

One question/request. When playing battles in MPC the enemy unit stats are hidden; both on the side UI panel and when hovering over them with the cursor. Is there a way to once again make these visible?

I did a change similar to this before your mod came out, using ESF to edit our save files to allow us access to Game Options (and thereby change the Battle difficulty in MPC). All it involved was changing a simple boolean. It didn't work and had the unintended consequence of hiding the unit stats as well. I never did figure out the issue.

Senator

Thanks for making this sub mod mate, we will definitely be using this in our next head to head game.

I did a change similar to this before your mod came out, using ESF to edit our save files to allow us access to Game Options (and thereby change the Battle difficulty in MPC). All it involved was changing a simple boolean. It didn't work and had the unintended consequence of hiding the unit stats as well. I never did figure out the issue.
    It sounds like you activated the realism mode, was the Radar also missing?

No the radar was visible. It is also visible using this submod, just not unit stats (for both of us). If anyone else is having different results please post here.

Sorry for replying so late TheRazaman, I've been very busy recently. I tried to replicate what you said, but I could always see the enemy unit stats (tried both submods independently and normal DeI without submods). Did you check you chose normal difficulty in multiplayer with either submod? If not the submod doesn't work at all, and you'll play hard/very hard both campaign and battles.

Hannib4l's Avatar Foederatus

Will you updating this good Mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Hannib4l View Post
    Will you updating this good Mod?
    Yes, please update. This is by far the most important MOD for multiplayer campaigns. Normal is way to easy but Normal battles is the only way to play. Thanks in advance. And I will probably thank you again after.

Does this mod work for normal mp campaigns too, that arent DEI?

Have you ever wanted to play a head-to-head/coop campaign with increased difficulty, but without enemy battle buffs? Now you can! I've made two submods, the first with hard campaign and normal battle difficulties, and the second one with very hard/normal campaign/battle difficulties:

Hard Campaign AI/Normal Battle AI

Very Hard Campaign AI/Normal Battle AI

Instructions: put the file in the "data" fold, load it at the total war launcher (or put it at the first place at the Mitch's mod manager) and pick normal difficulty when starting a multiplayer campaign.

There are some things that I've not changed, especially those related to startpos (like initial faction treasure), but everything else should work perfectly. If there are strange bugs or battle difficulty does not seem normal, please give feedback. Hope this helps!

Thanks to my brother, who wasted his time helping me , to all of you who made modding tutorials and to the DeI team for their great mod. Under the spoiler is what I did:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Basically, I changed the campaign values associated with normal (entries with "0"), so they have the effects of hard (-1/1, for player and IA, respectively) or very hard difficulties (-2/2). I used the DeI file to extract the tables, plus some values from the original that didn't appeared there. One question: Do the DeI tables overwrite the original file, or replace them?
    Hi. Thank you for this awesome submod. Does it work with version 1.1 or 1.2 of DeI that me and my brother is currently playing?