Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What do you do when you get bored of a campaign?

Default Re: What do you do when you get bored of a campaign?

When I get bored with campaign:

1. I come on these forums and share my inane views with other bored players

2. I go back to work!
    "One does not simply walk into Mordor..." Take an army instead!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRomanRuler View Post
    This
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothar135 View Post
    Mighty, mighty Harad. (I have seen something like this when I played Eriador and all of gondor was captured by mordor...and there were about 15 stacks of orcs and also trolls...no way to defeat something like that).

Stack fighting is something I mostly experience playing Dale - Its a constant struggle with Rhun. Every few turns, there is a new full stack of warriors you have to defeat. You defeat them and before you can even reinforce your army, there is another full stack of Rhun army. So you do your best and defeat them...and few turns later there is another one...and again, and again, and again...gets boring really fast.
    Yes, stack-fighting can get tedious, but there are ways to deal with the AI's endless stack spam.

-Fight them at choke points, where they can only engage your army one or two at time.
    -Send raiding armies behind the enemy lines and destroy/capture their main recruitment cities...actually quite effective and you'll see their reinforcement armies composed almost entirely of lower-quality units.
    -Fight hit and run battles (withdraw from battle map once you've inflicted some casualties).

I think fighting these stacks can be quite fun once you have developed strategies to counter them. Honestly, with the state of the AI, that's the only challenge it can offer to a human opponent.

Give me 1 High Elven stack with Night Fighter general and I'll take care of that for ya

Quote Originally Posted by DrDragun View Post
    Give me 1 High Elven stack with Night Fighter general and I'll take care of that for ya
    Haha...amen to that!

Quote Originally Posted by DrDragun View Post
    How about for fun, I'll race you with a Silvan elf stack and night-fighting general.
    Though I may be cheating a bit.
    I modded a whole archer unit to <LOTR movie Legolas level > in terms of archer and battle abilities.
    Even changed unit movement speed to 1.4. You should see them run.
    Mirkwood Nobles just seemed to similar to Erynor Guard archers (MOS 1.62).
    So much fun to see what they can do.

So that's one thing you can do if you are bored? Mod a unit or two and make them your own.

Aha, but none of you guys know what happens on turn 295, 180 and 298

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345