Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cyrus the Great: 559 BC Campaign (Public Beta Download)

Default Re: [WIP] Cyrus the Great Campaign

Awesome TheMightyAtroll

Very pleased to see you help Linke in time of need. So you're good to go then, Linke?

Sadly, we seem to be on very different timezones, so it might be a bit complicated.

Oh, so you mean that DB editing can't be done by working separately? You have to do it togheter at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter93 View Post
    Oh, so you mean that DB editing can't be done by working separately? You have to do it togheter at the same time?
    Not what I was implying. I said it would be complicated, because he would have to rely thoughts/messages over the forums, rather than over steam.

I see, well we hope you two find a suitable solution

Is there any news?; this project had a lot of impetus at first, but it seems to have slowed down now unfortunately.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Quote Originally Posted by aqualord123 View Post
    Is there any news?; this project had a lot of impetus at first, but it seems to have slowed down now unfortunately.
    School, I'm trying to restructure a few things and then get going again.

Alright. Good luck! Thanks very much for the reply!

Let us know when you've started on working with this mod again, Linke! We're waiting

i will help with the voice acting for the persians ( by that i mean to give them persian voice overs DD )

For the Emperor!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To anyone wondering I wont start working on an Attila version for this mod, there are many pros like family trees, better cities, realistic looking Persia (not a dessert).
    But there is two things that far outhweighs these advantages. That is the map, for this mod to be in Attila you would have to include Gauls Iberians Germans etc and all would have to have their own units.
    And the second although not as large concern is that Attila has fewer time appropiate eastern models, but many that I use are already custom made and there are still many old ones left.

If we get a dlc with a focused map on Iran and the Levant and Babylonia for Attila then I'll probably try to recreate this there. And if there is an Hellenistic age mod that succesfully implements all the peoples that I cant make then I'll recreate this mod as a submod for that mod.
    Btw Work is going fine, I just received this morning the Italian units (and Carthaginians it seems) from Lucio Borenos unreleased mod. I hope to release around Attila. Wont matter if its a week after as you'll have to wait to play Attila a little until theres
    some mods to fix Persian generals and rosters (unless you will play Germans)

Your call on not implementing over to Atilla TW is clearly understandable
    This will be a high ranked mod when it comes out!

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    To anyone wondering I wont start working on an Attila version for this mod, there are many pros like family trees, better cities, realistic looking Persia (not a dessert).
    But there is two things that far outhweighs these advantages. That is the map, for this mod to be in Attila you would have to include Gauls Iberians Germans etc and all would have to have their own units.
    And the second although not as large concern is that Attila has fewer time appropiate eastern models, but many that I use are already custom made and there are still many old ones left.

If we get a dlc with a focused map on Iran and the Levant and Babylonia for Attila then I'll probably try to recreate this there. And if there is an Hellenistic age mod that succesfully implements all the peoples that I cant make then I'll recreate this mod as a submod for that mod.
    Btw Work is going fine, I just received this morning the Italian units (and Carthaginians it seems) from Lucio Borenos unreleased mod. I hope to release around Attila. Wont matter if its a week after as you'll have to wait to play Attila a little until theres
    some mods to fix Persian generals and rosters (unless you will play Germans)
    Thank you for the update! The best of luck to you.

I was wrong, I can restrict the map with Attilas mod tools so I dont have to include all the unnecesary factions
    Apperantly I can do this with scripting even for Rome II. (That moment when you realise you wasted dozens of hours)
    If thats so it changes my view on making this mod for Attila. Just Imagine the experience.
    Although I must finish the Rome II mod first ofcourse.

Interesting, but won't ATW have more Dark age-ish cities and building in battlemap? That wouldn't sit too well with an pre-Roman ancient era mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter93 View Post
    Interesting, but won't ATW have more Dark age-ish cities and building in battlemap? That wouldn't sit too well with an pre-Roman ancient era mod.
    Have you missed it, u can edit city maps for Attila. So ill make the cities a lot better and more accurate and. I can even add Babylon.

Hope to release at the end of next weekend. Just before Attila

Seems really nice.I am waiting for this.

Anyone who would be willing to beta test the mod for a few days starting tommorow or in 2 days?

Mostly I want feedback on both campaign and battle aspects. I am aware of several bugs that I'll fix but please still mention them

I volunteer! I check in you mod every day so why not?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast