Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cyrus the Great: 559 BC Campaign (Public Beta Download)

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Default Cyrus the Great: 559 BC Campaign (Public Beta Download)

For the last few weeks I've been working on a campaign set in the 6th century,the same period as the Rtw Rise of Persia mod. By now I think I made enough progress to start a thread about it.

Update: Download a public Beta version here

Mod information

-New Campaign set in the sixth Century bc.
    -The mod will be 4 tpy and the entire IA map has been remade with accurate factions.
    -New unique generals for Persia,Media and generic eastern factions, Also smaller unique sets for Babylon and if possible Egypt and Lydia.
    -Historical Characters like Cyrus the Great,Kroisos/Croesus of Lydia and Nabonidus of Babylon, main faction leaders are unique.
    -New rosters for Main factions and most eastern factions.
    -New UI for Egypt,Babylon,PersianS/Medes, Greeks and Anatolians. Based on Grudges mod.

Main Playable factions
    (all come with their own rosters and new generals):

Pharaonic Egypt - Pharaoh Amasis II of the Saite dynasty Unfriendly with Kyrene and the Nubians, friendly with the Meshwesh.

Babylonian Empire - King Nabonidus of the Chaldean dynasty Unfriendly Egypt, and Media probably, Best to pick of the small factions like Klikiya (Cilicia), Qidri and Cyprus.

Median Empire - King Astyages of the Median dynasty Allied with Lydia, Arminiya and Katpatuka as vassals, enemy with Cyrus and either good or bad relations with Babylon (They had good first)

Lydian Kingdom - King Croesus "the rich" of the House of Midas Allied with Egypt, Sparta and Media

Persian Kingdom - King Cyrus "the Great" of the Achaemenid dynasty. Enemy with Elam and Media, the Ai will have boosts

Other possibly playable factions
    (Either in the first release, later release or not at all, the most popular are more likely to be in)
    Baktria or Kamboja (Indian)

North Greek kingdom: Makedon or Thessalia

Greek City state (not dlc factions): Ionians,Kyrene,Trapezos,Cyprus, or Agrigentum. The dlc factions may also be included once there is a free greek state.

Carthage (not an empire yet, only has Carthage, Panormus and Ibossim)

Italian state? Etruscan League,Samnites,Oscii,Mesapii,Roma or Umbria

Nomadic faction? (Royal) Scythia, or Massagateae (The obvious choise)

Armenia?

Nubian or Arabian faction

Team and Contributers
    Startpos: Linke

Db: Linke

Units: Linke (Already skinned a lot of them but help would be very pleasant in actualy getting them into the game and with stats)
    2d art: Linke (I would love if someone could cooperate on unit cards and some other things)

UI Linke (Based on GrudgeNLs work)it

Additional Credits
    Rome I RoP, I used their research and the rosters are based on theirs

Grudge NL, as said I am using an edited version of his Ui mod.

Kuauik, Ahiga and Croc, did some awesome caps, and helmets that you will be seing a lot.

Cane/AoB team, providing the egyptian Khopesh

Ca, for making some nice models, a nice game and for providing no map tools so that this mod is forced to cover almost all of Europe instead of West Asia in more detail.

Prof John.W.I Lee, Santa Barbara for with his lectures providing much information and sparking my interest in making this mod.

Some Screenshots so far,notice in the last screenies the UI in the bottom

Last edited by Linke; March 13, 2015 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Unit Pics added

dmperu11's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [WIP] Cyrus the Great Campaign

Will be following this mod closely
    "Tengo deberes sagrados que cumplir
    y los cumpliré hasta quemar el último cartucho" Francisco Bolognesi

Me too =)

The Main faction rosters are practicaly done, I just need to get them into the game. Here are a few pictures of the unit work so far. This is far from everything thats been done, just some small examples.

I plan to have the core rosters recruitable only in a certain area, if your elsewhere you need to recruit local levies (that will be found throughout the middle east and Greece, not in Germania though).

Units

This will elevate Rome 2 to a higher level Keep up the good work! Im following this one closely!

EDIT: Btw does this mod have any steam page? The more who knows about this mod, the more noticeable will it be to other modders.
    Last edited by Jupiter93; January 06, 2015 at 08:16 AM.

I don't really have much to put on steam yet. But maybe the Eastern Generals that I've completed would do.

Very promising =) Willing to see the greek hoplites

Great units i see here, Bravo man !! keep up.

Thank you for your rep . I just managed for the first time to get some units in battle. Only a hundred or so left
    In game Units

Last edited by Linke; January 06, 2015 at 01:28 PM.

These look awesome! What remains of your mod?

Check with this guy for Carthaginian and Italic units: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...37&searchtext=

He has a TWC account too, but maybe he's more available on steam. Hope this was assisting.

Yes thats useful, I honestly didnt think I could overlook Italia and Carthage like the far of Barbarians, but i dont have time to make them myself

What remains? Well first getting the units into the game and balancing them. I dont have very much experience here so might take a week or two at most I think.
    Then some Ui stuff, a day or two. And also a few days to implement campaign changes to slow down campaign expansion like larger garrisons. Hopefully I can also there use modified versions of already created mods.
    Goal is release before Attila by atleast a week.

Great If he should take too long to answer, you could allways ask these two instead:

- http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=285156538 (Etruscan units)
    - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=335291913 (Lucanian units)

The you'd at least make progress on Italics. I'll let you know if I stumble accross any useful stuff on the way!

Now I got several more units into the game and got some pics, note that the units belong to several different factions and may also have the wrong colour in the picture.

pictures,WIP

Pharaonic Egypt and Babylon? Can't wait. I was doing some light modding but I switched to Mac so unfortunately I can't offer any help but it looks great so far keep it up.

I dont think I will be able to make this myself, I though the Db was the easy part. Turns out I was wrong. I dont have too much time to work om this either so realisticly I need help to complete this, please pm me if you think you can help with db editing or units.

If you want to use somethin you've seen in the pics then ask me, Ill be publishing parts of the mod like the Eastern Generals I made and perhaps other things.

And you still got new Rise of Persia release soon if you like this era like I do.
    As I said this mod might not be done without help.
    Last edited by Linke; January 10, 2015 at 02:02 PM.

This is very sad news, Linke I was really looking forward to see it in a few weeks. Isn't there anyone who can assist you with it?
    How about asking officially on OP for a new team member who has the knowledge to fix your issue?

My morale's wavering, but I tried looking into what had been corrupted. The Startpos I regenerated in Tweak but I lost some changes. The Ui I had saved at another place made it aswell. So less work then I thought but still all the db.
    Cant promise anything 100% but I will try to use other mods in my own to save time.
    I will also begin slowly learning the unit creation tables in the db and not just rush into it upprepared

That sound somewhat better, you haven't completely abandoned the project. I strongly suggest that you turn to experienced modders for help.
    E.g. DeI, TW Bronze Age and Constantine: Rise of Christianity. These are all great overhauls and their team members will surely help a fellow modder out in creating a new mod in TWC. Do not give up on this great project, Linke. Facing bugs and errors is allways on the road in developing new sotwares

It's a great idea to save time by using other mods (with proper credits given). I would have done this myself

If you allow me, I can PM them myself, informing them about your mod. From there, you can present them your current issues and see if they can solve it.

Very neat.

Ah, after reading your difficulty, I could help you do the DB editing.
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; January 11, 2015 at 02:06 AM. Reason: dp/merged

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyAltroll View Post
    Very neat.

Ah, after reading your difficulty, I could help you do the DB editing.
    Great, now. I feel kinda dumb for despairing without looking for volounters. I see that your familiar based on your mods with db. Add me on Steam

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast