Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Modding Awards

TASS07's Avatar Miles

Default Re: 2013 Modding Awards

Quote Originally Posted by Shankbot de Bodemloze View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys, does

sound okay?
    Could be a bit rule-lawyering (actually I am sure it is) but in the mod text you have the following bit "hat can be downloaded from TWC or has a thread on TWC that links to a download location". In the modder part the reference is far weaker. Now I don't know if such a situation is even realistic, but theoretically by your text on modders a guy who's got an account with 0 posts on TWC but releases stuff elsewhere could be eligable for a nomination. Now I doubt he'd get one myself, so rule-lawyering=off.

Other than that, it sounds clear enough to me.

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

You're right, changed it to this:
    Q) What counts as a 'mod'?
    A) For the purpose of these awards any public file that was released or updated in 2013 that can be downloaded from TWC or has a thread/forums on TWC that advertises or links to a download location that makes any change to any version(s) of the game or its expansions or downloadable content.

Q) Who counts as a 'modder'?
    A) For the purpose of these awards anyone who is a registered member of TWC and in 2013 has publicly released or updated, or has worked on a public release or update (for example as part of a modding team) for, a mod as defined above.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Citizen

Blog Entries

Thoughts on this please guys:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

(can be replaced by any graphic we are provided by Y or Rad)
    Better late than never...

Hi all, yes it has finally come about - the Modding Awards for 2013! We are sorry for the delay but ow everything is sorted we can finally crack on. Things are being done a little differently than the awards that were ran for 2012, so even if you can cast your minds back that far and remember how things went I would advise reading through this thread and making sure you are aware of what is going on.

Rome II

With Rome II being release in September 2013 there was the question of whether or not to include the game in the 2013 awards, bearing in mind only mods release between September and December of that year would be eligible. We decided not to include Rome II, and instead when the 2014 awards come around any mods that were released for Rome II in 2013 will be allowed to enter then.

Nominations

There will be a public nomination thread in each game sub-forum for each category of award, here players can nominate up mods or modders they would like to see move through to the voting stage and be in with a chance of winning. Anyone may nominate this way and can nominate any mod or modder that falls under the right category as long as it was updated or released in 2013. If you have a mod eligible that is not on the list of eligible mods for that category please PM me so I can get it added as soon as possible.

Modders reserve the right to ask for their mod or themselves not to be considered for nominations for any award category. If this is this case please PM me so I can remove any nomination of your mod and make a note to inform people that your mod/yourself cannot be nominated.

Categories

Contrary to the 2012 awards this year there will be only a small number of categories for each game in order to accurately reflect the judgement of the voting members. The technical awards have been removed and instead the focus will be moved to the most popular mods of 2013. We felt this would fit in better with the format of the awards and provide an easy criteria for voters. The full discussion and reasoning can be read in the public thread that was used to plan the awards.

Below is a brief explanation of each category for each game:

• Shogun 2
      • Most Popular Hosted Mod and Compilation/Overhaul Mod
        You can nominate up to three of your favourite mods from the Hosted Modification sub-forum and the Compilation and Overhaul sub-forum that were updated or released in 2013 for this category. Note that is three in total from both sub-forums, not three from each.
      • Most Popular Unit Pack and Stats Mod
        You can nominate up to three of your favourite mods from the Unit Packs and Stats sub-forum that were updated or released in 2013 for this category.
      • Most Popular Gameplay Tweaks and Miscellaneous Mod
        You can nominate up to three of your favourite mods from the Gameplay Tweaks sub-forum and the Miscellaneous sub-forum that were updated or released in 2013 for this category. Note that is three in total from both sub-forums, not three from each.
      • Most Popular Visuals and Audio Mod
        You can nominate up to three of your favourite mods from the Visuals and Audio sub-forum that were update or released in 2013 for this category.
      • Most Popular Modder
        You can nominate up to three of your favourite modders that have updated or released work in 2013 for Total War: Shogun 2 or its expansions or downloadable content for this category. You can nominate modders that have released work as part of a modding team as long as they have been credited for that work.

• Napoleon
        You can nominate up to three of your favourite mods from the Hosted Modification sub-forum and the Compilations and Overhauls sub-forum that were updated or released in 2013 for this category. Note that is three in total from both sub-forums, not three from each.
      • Most Popular Mod and Sub-Mod
        You can nominate up to three of your favourite mods from the Mod Threads sub-forum (excluding the Compilation and Overhauls sub-forum) and any mod that makes changes to a hosted modification in form of a sub-mod that were updated or released in 2013 for this category. Note that is three in total, not three mods and three sub-mods.
      • Most Popular Modder
        You can nominate up to three of your favourite modders that have updated or released work in 2013 for Napoleon: Total War or its expansions or downloadable content for this category. You can nominate modders that have released work as part of a modding team as long as they have been credited for that work.

• Empire
        You can nominate up to three of your favourite mods from the Hosted Modification sub-forum and the Compilations and Overhauls sub-forum that were updated or released in 2013 for this category. Note that is three in total from both sub-forums, not three from each.
        You can nominate up to three of your favourite mods from the Mod Threads sub-forum (excluding the Compilation and Overhauls sub-forum) and any mod that makes changes to a hosted modification in form of a sub-mod that were updated or released in 2013 for this category. Note that is three in total, not three mods and three sub-mods.
      • Most Popular Modder
        You can nominate up to three of your favourite modders that have updated or released work in 2013 for Empire: Total War or its expansions or downloadable content for this category. You can nominate modders that have released work as part of a modding team as long as they have been credited for that work.

• Medieval 2
      • Most Popular Hosted Mod
        You can nominate up to three of your favourite mods from the Medieval 2 Hosted Modification sub-forum and the Kingdoms Hosted Modification sub-forum that were updated or released in 2013 for this category. Note that is three in total, not three mods and three sub-mods.
        You can nominate up to six of your favourite mods from the Mod Threads sub-forum and any mod that makes changes to a hosted modification in form of a sub-mod that were updated or released in 2013 for this category. Note that is six in total, not six mods and six sub-mods.
      • Most Popular Modder
        You can nominate up to three of your favourite modders that have updated or released work in 2013 for Medieval 2: Total War or its expansions or downloadable content for this category. You can nominate modders that have released work as part of a modding team as long as they have been credited for that work.

• Rome

Awards

Mods that come 1st, 2nd or 3rd for each category will receive a medal graphic for their mod listing which category they entered and which place they came as well have having their mod entered into the Hall of Fame, and maybe Content coverage (not confirmed). Customisation of the graphic may be an option.

Winners of the Most Popular Modder award will receive a medal, 2nd and 3rd place will receive a medal graphic listing which place the game and for which game as well have their name entered into the Hall of Fame, and maybe Content coverage (not firmed). Customisations of the graphic and rep awards may be an option.

Organisers and with thanks to

Please join me in thanking everyone (in no particular order) who helped make these awards happen:

• Finlander
    • The Hedge Knight
    • Radboud
    • Doctor Shuu
    • wangrin
    • Quintus Hortensius Hortalus
    • Aikanár
    • Bethencourt
    • PikeStance
    • .Mitch.
    • Junaidi83 de Bodemloze
    • danny X
    • Raritу
    • m_1512
    • Finch
    • TASS07
    • Araval
    • Heinz Guderian
    • Kaiser Leonidas
    • StealthFox
    • Veteraan
    • y2day

If you have helped out and your name isn't mentioned above I am so sorry for the oversight, just drop me a PM and I'll get you added onto the list.

FAQ

Q) Can modders nominate their own work?
    A) Of course! As people should be voting for their favourite mod we would hope modders would at least nominate their own work, it shows they have enjoyed working on it.

Q) What is the specific time period for 2013?
    A) Any where from 00:00 GMT on the 01/01/13 up and including 23:59 on the 31/12/13.

A) For the purpose of these awards any public file that was released or updated in 2013 that can be downloaded from TWC or has a thread/forums on TWC that links to a download location that makes any change to any version(s) of the game or its expansions or downloadable content.

A) For the purpose of these awards anyone who is a registered member of TWC and in 2013 has publicly released or updated, or has worked on a public release or update (for example as part of a modding team) for, a mod.

Q) What about FOTS?
    A) FOTS mods can be entered in the same categories as the Shogun 2 ones despite being a separate, standalone expansion.

Q) Why are these awards so late?
    A) Modding awards are never late, nor are they early, they arrives precisely when they mean to.

Q) Why are the award categories so condensed compared to 2012?
    A) After much discussion we felt it was the best way to go. Feel free to read through the public discussion thread to see how the awards developed and came about.

Feel free to make suggestions of changes/things missing etc. it'll all be much appreciated.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Nice work, Shankbot and credited folks.

Tiny things:

First line: "but ow everything"
    Second last QA: "they arrives"
    In the Categories section first paragraph: "provide an easy criteria"

Can't properly quote on the input device I'm now using so I will leave it at this.

Edit:Nothing happened here since I posted this. Looked through it again and added what's below.

Mods that come 1st, 2nd or 3rd for each category will receive a medal graphic for their mod listing which category they entered and which place they came as well have having their mod entered into the Hall of Fame,
    Winners of the Most Popular Modder award will receive a medal, 2nd and 3rd place will receive a medal graphic listing which place the game and for which game as well have their name entered into the Hall of Fame, and maybe Content coverage (not firmed).
    Last edited by Veteraan; February 14, 2015 at 11:44 AM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Citizen

Blog Entries

Thanks for spotting those Vet, I've gone through and made the edits in the private thread. Cheers.

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Sent these to Shanks last week but he hasn't been on since, so figured I would post here in case someone else was working on this.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

I'm pretty impressed so far Shank . I like the streamlining.

Would it be too unprecedented for the hex to send a pm to the whole site asking them to participate when this goes live?

Citizen

Blog Entries

Thanks THK, although I don't think Hex would let something like that happen, I may be wrong though.

And y thanks for those graphics, looking awesome.

I'd guess a front page announcement will be put out, which should be enough I would've thought?

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

I think a universal PM is not possible. But we'll promote it on the front page, facebook, forum announcements, spamming chat threads, etc....

Citizen

Blog Entries

If that isn't enough I don't know what is.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

"You can get much farther with a kind word, and a gun, than you can with a kind word alone."
    - Al Capone

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alě, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Apologies if this has been adressed already, but why have you left out RTW/BI/ALEX?

Citizen

Blog Entries

We haven't, but the data is still being collected for that so I didn't want to pre-empt any categories without seeing what sort of numbers we are dealing with. Fear not, there will be awards for Rome and its expansions.

OK, I see.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Making participation mandatory?

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    Making participation mandatory?
    lol

I will surely add a link in my signature just like for the Member awards and spread the word around
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Citizen

Blog Entries

Updated version:

Image kindly provided by y2day
    Better late than never...

Hi all, yes it has finally come about - the Modding Awards for 2013! We are sorry for the delay but now everything is sorted we can finally crack on. Things are being done a little differently than the awards that were ran for 2012, so even if you can cast your minds back that far and remember how things went I would advise reading through this thread and making sure you are aware of what is going on.

Rome II

With Rome II being release in September 2013 there was the question of whether or not to include the game in the 2013 awards, bearing in mind only mods release between September and December of that year would be eligible. We decided not to include Rome II, and instead when the 2014 awards come around any mods that were released for Rome II in 2013 will be allowed to enter then.

Nominations

There will be a public nomination thread in each game sub-forum for each category of award, here players can nominate up mods or modders they would like to see move through to the voting stage and be in with a chance of winning. Anyone may nominate this way and can nominate any mod or modder that falls under the right category as long as it was updated or released in 2013. If you have a mod eligible that is not on the list of eligible mods for that category please PM me so I can get it added as soon as possible.

Modders reserve the right to ask for their mod or themselves not to be considered for nominations for any award category. If this is this case please PM me so I can remove any nomination of your mod and make a note to inform people that your mod/yourself cannot be nominated.

Categories

Contrary to the 2012 awards this year there will be only a small number of categories for each game in order to accurately reflect the judgement of the voting members. The technical awards have been removed and instead the focus will be moved to the most popular mods of 2013. We felt this would fit in better with the format of the awards and provide an easier judging criteria for voters. The full discussion and reasoning can be read in the public thread that was used to plan the awards.

Below is a brief explanation of each category for each game:

• Shogun 2
        You can nominate up to three of your favourite mods from the Hosted Modification sub-forum and the Compilation and Overhaul sub-forum that were updated or released in 2013 for this category. Note that is three in total from both sub-forums, not three from each.
      • Most Popular Unit Pack and Stats Mod
        You can nominate up to three of your favourite mods from the Unit Packs and Stats sub-forum that were updated or released in 2013 for this category.
      • Most Popular Gameplay Tweaks and Miscellaneous Mod
        You can nominate up to three of your favourite mods from the Gameplay Tweaks sub-forum and the Miscellaneous sub-forum that were updated or released in 2013 for this category. Note that is three in total from both sub-forums, not three from each.
      • Most Popular Visuals and Audio Mod
        You can nominate up to three of your favourite mods from the Visuals and Audio sub-forum that were update or released in 2013 for this category.
      • Most Popular Modder
        You can nominate up to three of your favourite modders that have updated or released work in 2013 for Total War: Shogun 2 or its expansions or downloadable content for this category. You can nominate modders that have released work as part of a modding team as long as they have been credited for that work.

• Napoleon
        You can nominate up to three of your favourite mods from the Mod Threads sub-forum (excluding the Compilation and Overhauls sub-forum) and any mod that makes changes to a hosted modification in the form of a sub-mod that were updated or released in 2013 for this category. Note that is three in total, not three mods and three sub-mods.
      • Most Popular Modder
        You can nominate up to three of your favourite modders that have updated or released work in 2013 for Napoleon: Total War or its expansions or downloadable content for this category. You can nominate modders that have released work as part of a modding team as long as they have been credited for that work.

• Empire
        You can nominate up to three of your favourite mods from the Mod Threads sub-forum (excluding the Compilation and Overhauls sub-forum) and any mod that makes changes to a hosted modification in the form of a sub-mod that were updated or released in 2013 for this category. Note that is three in total, not three mods and three sub-mods.
      • Most Popular Modder
        You can nominate up to three of your favourite modders that have updated or released work in 2013 for Empire: Total War or its expansions or downloadable content for this category. You can nominate modders that have released work as part of a modding team as long as they have been credited for that work.

• Medieval 2
        You can nominate up to three of your favourite mods from the Medieval 2 Hosted Modification sub-forum and the Kingdoms Hosted Modification sub-forum that were updated or released in 2013 for this category. Note that is three in total from both sub-forums, not three from each.
        You can nominate up to six of your favourite mods from the Released Mods sub-forum and any mod that makes changes to a hosted modification in the form of a sub-mod that were updated or released in 2013 for this category. Note that is six in total, not six mods and six sub-mods.
      • Most Popular Modder
        You can nominate up to three of your favourite modders that have updated or released work in 2013 for Medieval 2: Total War or its expansions or downloadable content for this category. You can nominate modders that have released work as part of a modding team as long as they have been credited for that work.

• Rome
        You can nominate up to three of your favourite mods from the Hosted Modification sub-forum that were updated or released in 2013 for this category.
        You can nominate up to three of your favourite mods from the Released Mods sub-forum and any mod that makes changes to a hosted modification in the form of a sub-mod that were updated or released in 2013 for this category. Note that is three in total, not three mods and three sub-mods.
      • Most Popular Modder
        You can nominate up to three of your favourite modders that have updated or released work in 2013 for Rome: Total War or its expansions or downloadable content for this category. You can nominate modders that have released work as part of a modding team as long as they have been credited for that work.

Awards

Mods that come 1st, 2nd or 3rd for each category will receive a medal graphic for their mod listing which category they entered and which place they came as well as having their mod entered into the Hall of Fame, and maybe Content coverage (not confirmed). Customisation of the graphic may be an option.

1st, 2nd and 3rd place of the Most Popular Modder award will receive a medal, as well having their name entered into the Hall of Fame, and maybe Content coverage (not confirmed). Rep awards may be an option.

The first place medals, kindly provided by y2day:

Organisers and with thanks to

Please join me in thanking everyone (in no particular order) who helped make these awards happen:

• Finlander
    • The Hedge Knight
    • Radboud
    • Doctor Shuu
    • wangrin
    • Quintus Hortensius Hortalus
    • Aikanár
    • Bethencourt
    • PikeStance
    • .Mitch.
    • Junaidi83 de Bodemloze
    • danny X
    • Raritу
    • m_1512
    • Finch
    • TASS07
    • Araval
    • Heinz Guderian
    • Kaiser Leonidas
    • StealthFox
    • Veteraan
    • y2day

If you have helped out and your name isn't mentioned above I am so sorry for the oversight, just drop me a PM and I'll get you added onto the list.

FAQ

Q) Can modders nominate their own work?
    A) Of course! As people should be voting for their favourite mod we would hope modders would at least nominate their own work, it shows they have enjoyed working on it.

Q) What is the specific time period for 2013?
    A) Any where from 00:00 GMT on the 01/01/13 up and including 23:59 on the 31/12/13.

A) For the purpose of these awards any public file that was released or updated in 2013 that can be downloaded from TWC or has a thread/forums on TWC that links to a download location that makes any change to any version(s) of the game or its expansions or downloadable content.

A) For the purpose of these awards anyone who is a registered member of TWC and in 2013 has publicly released or updated, or has worked on a public release or update (for example as part of a modding team) for, a mod.

Q) What about FOTS?
    A) FOTS mods can be entered in the same categories as the Shogun 2 ones despite being a separate, standalone expansion.

Q) Why are these awards so late?
    A) Modding awards are never late, nor are they early, they arrive precisely when they mean to.

Q) Why are the award categories so condensed compared to 2012?
    A) After much discussion we felt it was the best way to go. Feel free to read through the public discussion thread to see how the awards developed and came about.

Citizen

Blog Entries

The medal graphics, kindly done by y2day:

Citizen

Blog Entries

double post
    Last edited by Shankbot de Bodemloze; March 09, 2015 at 11:15 AM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast