Thread: Feedback: Data Only, Diplomacy Income

Default Feedback: Data Only, Diplomacy Income

This thread is for folks to provide detailed record (detailed as you can manage) of income earned through diplomacy in your campaign(s).

Ideally you would identify the mod build (e.g.: FATW Beta 3.0), what faction you are playing, and give turn by turn totals of income achieved through diplomacy, not counting increases in trade revenue. Try to indicate at what turn or year you feel income from diplomacy stopped making a big impact on your resources, either because other factions stopped giving, or because your economy had become so robust that diplomatic gifts/payments had become superfluous.

Also try to indicate to what extent you made effort to pursue diplomatic income; ranging from tried every faction every turn, to never initiated diplomacy and took only what was freely offered.

If you can, include a record of how many emissaries you have active in each turn. If you lack time for this, a rough number for how many you usually have active will do.

This should give the mod team a good idea of how important and consistent diplomatic income can be, and how much this varies over different factions. If you save your games at the end of every turn can go back and view the financial screen for each turn to get this number.

The first entry is from my own campaign when in closed beta, and should provide a good template for your submissions; we want all data points to be easily identified, segregated and organised.

Thanks in advance to those who are able to contribute.

Default Re: Feedback: Data Only, Diplomacy Income

Mod Build: Beta 2.2

Faction: Elven

Diplomacy Behavior: I sought contact with every faction save Adunabar whom I began at war with. In each case I sought at least trade relations and at best alliance with every faction on contact; I did not sell map information and did not offer to buy it. I checked back with those who refused alliance initially on later turns, often achieving alliance at good prices in these cases. I asked for funding against Adunabar only once in a turn, and only on turns where I could attack Adunabar. The Beornings were the only faction to refuse to offer me financial support against Adunabar. I did not seek support for my war against the Independent Peoples (Republic of Middle Earth).

Diplomatic Income:

Turn 0 - 0
    Turn 1 - 4000
    Turn 2 - 4600
    Turn 3 - 100
    Turn 4 - 100
    Turn 5 - 2600
    Turn 6 - 100
    Turn 7 - 1800
    Turn 8 - 14500
    Turn 9 - 10300
    Turn 10 - 4400

Turns 8 and 9 definitely filled up my production queues, at least on my home provinces. But I was still, by no means, near the top rankings in finances or production in the faction rankings, so I don't think I am very near the point that diplomatic income has become irrelevant to the campaign.

Mod Build: Beta 3.0

Faction: Khand

Diplomacy Behavior: I sought contact with every faction. In each case I sought at least trade relations and at best alliance with every faction on contact; I did not sell map information and did not offer to buy it. I checked back with those who refused alliance initially on later turns, often achieving alliance at good prices in these cases. For a prolonged period I was renewing alliance with Rhovanion and North Rhun nearly every turn. I asked for funding against Harad and Rhun; the only factions I was at war with; once in a turn, and only on turns where I could make an attack. I was unable at any point to get said funding from any factions. I did not seek support for my war against the Independent Peoples.

Diplomatic Income:

Turn 0 - 0
    Turn 1 - 1800
    Turn 2 - 3800
    Turn 3 - 0
    Turn 4 - 100
    Turn 5 - 0
    Turn 6 - 1400
    Turn 7 - 4626
    Turn 8 - 1000
    Turn 9 - 3483
    Turn 10 - 2600
    Turn 11 - 4040
    Turn 12 - 3442
    Turn 13 - 1328
    Turn 14 - 3800
    Turn 15 - 2900
    Turn 16 - 3200
    Turn 17 - 2400
    Turn 18 - 1200
    Turn 19 - 11300
    Turn 20 - 6000

All diplomatic income this campaign came from selling alliances and/or trade, a ceasefire with Harad, and a very small amount from harassing Far Harad. After turn 20 I am unable to get moneys from any faction, outside what is still owed me by Harad. Diplomatic income this turn averaged out to having income from, perhaps, one medium sized settlement. I think I could easily have gotten by without this income, but getting it has not unbalanced the campaign.

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

With or without reloading?

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

With reloading.

Mod Build: Beta 3.0

Faction: Dunland

Diplomacy Behavior: I employed a minimal diplomatic core; one emissary near Tharbad and one on my eastern frontier. At war on two fronts with no interest in signing a ceasefire; I seek only to establish trade rights with factions with whom I share a border. A high income and low unit upkeep makes aggressive pursuit of diplomatic income to time consuming to warrant, and I wish to see if avoiding early diplomatic entanglements will improve my long term diplomatic standing with other factions for late in the game.

Diplomatic Income:

Turn 0 - 0
    Turn 1 - 1400
    Turn 2 - 0
    Turn 3 - 0
    Turn 4 - 0
    Turn 5 - 0
    Turn 6 - 0
    Turn 7 - 0
    Turn 8 - 0
    Turn 9 - 0
    Turn 10 - 0

Just one gift due to diplomatic negotiations; from Tharbad. I got trade relations with the Elves and Dwarces as well, but they would not pay for it. My finaces were always sufficient and even that one gift made no real impression upon my campaign.