Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports

Default Re: Bug Reports

Quote Originally Posted by caspoi View Post
    Another thing is that this "force diplomacy" does not seem to be working, am I doing it wrong (clicking on the advice button, show me how button and then prupose it) or is this unfinished?
    Don't you first have to reset advisor in game options?

Yes, thank you. Do I have to do it every time?

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Ive never had to reset the advisor for force diplomacy to work. It should be off by default in the mod and it should stay that way, meaning force diplomacy and peace with the deal will work properly from the start.

I'm not sure how does it work in DoM, they've changed it a bit, but yes, in regular force diplomacy mod you need to do that everytime before initiating diplomatic contact.

Quote Originally Posted by aapjes View Post
    I think that's actually how vassals work in the base game too, all money they past a certain amount gets sent to the master. The amount does seem to depend on something because it's not static at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by webba84 View Post
    Yup, thats how vassalship works in RTW.
    Thanks to you both . Goes to show I never ever used/experienced Vassalship playing RomeTW XD...
    "Sorry about that, son. But sometimes there's more to life than just livin'. Besides, you can't have a Kansas City Shuffle without a body."

TASS07's Avatar Miles

Not sure it counts as a bug and/or can be helped, but during my first battle(s) the Gondorian's very much liked to stay in shield walls and the likes rather than actually fight the units around them or come to the rescue of their comrades nearby...

I don't know if this a bug or not, but since I've seen it more than once, I thought that I should at least report it:

The king of the Reunited Kingdom starts with 0 authority, but if you add the authority that he should have according to his traits then he should start with 10 authority (the traits give him 13). At the same time, the king of Adunabar has only 4 authority (from Herumor, I believe) when he should have 6 authority. It seems to me that some traits (such as the Sceptre of Annuminas) that come with another trait (king of the RK) are not currently working.

It gets on my nerves that everytime I start a Reunited Kingdom game all my vassal get the discorteous trait because my faction leader has no authority, even though the traits should give him 10 authority while my faction heir has 8 authority even though the traits should give him 4 authority.

Is this working as designed?

Also, Adunabar starts with an outland dominion in Rivendell, but if you destory that dominion you can build a new and better fiefdom dominion. Is this working as designed?

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Traits and ancs are wip. Good spot on the dominion in Rivendell, must have the wrong building in descr_strat.

Elves should be less likely to get traits of disloyalty. It annoys me a lot when when Glorfindel (Glorfindel!) becomes "dubious" or whatever it was, along with almost everyone else.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Elves are less likely to get traits of disloyalty, doesn't mean they will never have them - and its not supported lorewise to have no dissention among elves (quite the opposite). Though, as I have said very recently, traits and ancs are WIP.

I simply saw no distinction between them and any other faction, they all end up as disloyal as any I have ever seen, with the possible exception of A Song of Ice and Fire series (George Martin's view of humans certainly is pessemistic) but as you said it is a work in process. In the case of the elves it might also have to do with the fact that Thranduil mostly sits in his cheap copy of Menegroth, feasting and drinking a lot of Dorwinion wine I have no doubt.

I'm sure Glorfindel's just dubious because he imagines he could do a better job of running the place than anyone else.
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

They all do that don't they? Next thing I know Thranduil drinks a bit to much of that fine wine of his, goes hunting and then what?

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

He might catch himself a moose and use it in battle...
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Perish the thought! How would he ride through the forests of Mirk-/Greenwood with it anyway?

Next thing we know the dwarves get it into their heads that they might ride their pigs instead of eating them. Truly, in the time of the dominion of men all the other races go crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by CountMRVHS View Post
    I'm sure Glorfindel's just dubious because he imagines he could do a better job of running the place than anyone else.
    For like 10 or so turns till he does a legger back to his masters

webba84's Avatar Artifex

If Thranduil was a decent Noldor and not some regressing, Nandor loving Sindar, maybe Glorfindel would think better of him...

Quote Originally Posted by webba84 View Post
    If Thranduil was a decent Noldor and not some regressing, Nandor loving Sindar, maybe Glorfindel would think better of him...
    What a racist.

I have encountered a bug where it is impossible to build siege weapons to besiege Buckleburry. I was playing as Adūnabār.