Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports

Default Re: Bug Reports

Not sure whether I have hit a bug here, or caused it myself somehow - possibly by reloading to another save without restarting the MOD - or it is a feature of being under Overlordship, so Ill mention it here : As Rhovanion, being under Dale Overlordship at the moment, my income is stuck at 10k something . When I decrease it by say starting an building project, it will calculate correctly, but when I then let it go up through income again, it gets stuck as soon as it goes above 10k . From then on, it doesnt change anymore, no matter what my financial and last turn reports say...
    "Sorry about that, son. But sometimes there's more to life than just livin'. Besides, you can't have a Kansas City Shuffle without a body."

Laetus

I think that's actually how vassals work in the base game too, all money they past a certain amount gets sent to the master. The amount does seem to depend on something because it's not static at least.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Yup, thats how vassalship works in RTW.

Found one whom is not on the list (sorry about the last time).
    I have build an Library in Greyholm (Playing as Tharbad), seeing it is finished I have gone to recruitment in order to recruit Balista units , and guess what? They where not there, confused I browsed trough buildings in the settlement to find Library is not among them.

Not sure if it's bug but I can't recruit Mariners in Pelargir, even though port descriptions says I should be able to.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Currently globally reducing armour values equally is not really an option as some units have armour as low as 1.
    Armour values in DoM are not arbitrary. To simplify the process it goes something like this:

1. The unit is visually assessed for coverage of armour and material (this latter may also be modified by culture - e.g. Dunedanic steel is better than standard steel)
    2. The data is input into a series of fields covering parts of the body (layered in some cases for undergarments, padding, secondary armour, etc.)
    3. Some variation in "hidden" layers may exist due to culture/faction/class. For example, elite troops of high-tech factions may have padded armour beneath their mail, whereas others may only have crude leather or thick cloth
    4. The body parts are weighted by importance, so a well-protected head will make for a better increase in armour value than well-protected feet even though the latter could arguably be said to amount to the same proportion of body mass
    5. Horses may also add a very slight armour bonus

The armour of the Swords of Harad, for example, gives a value of 9 based on this process.

Let me know if you see any issues with any specific units and I will revisit them. Or let me know if you see any trends, such as mail units seeming too high/low, or units of a certain culture seeming too low/high.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Seems like a lot of thinking went into unit stats. Amazing job

Oh that's not a fraction of it - believe me.

In regard to mariners and ballistas, they are both available via the naval (not port)/library building but dependent on having Military Development sufficient in that settlement (T3 in both cases - the Hosting Halls). We will make this clear in the text.

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Stark1 View Post
    Seems like a lot of thinking went into unit stats. Amazing job
    Yup, the EDU-matic is an awesome tool, though I never really figured how to use it properly (mainly because it is not made for RTW vanilla or FATW. It contains some M2TW features AFAIK).
    Nevertheless, when I used it for some work of mine or for TNS (trying to get the hang of it) I always ended up with some insane armour values and pretty low attack.
    It's just how it works.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

It's customisable, values are set in core data. The formulas are set but the values are not (though even formulas can be edited via the macros). It would only give low attack if your values caused such to be the case.

It's purpose is twofold: to provide a means to alter all unit attributes through groups (such as subculture or class) and to autogenerate the EDU. It's quite a heavy excel - it takes a full ten minutes for the EDU data to be generated on my laptop after pressing the button

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    In regard to mariners and ballistas, they are both available via the naval (not port)/library building but dependent on having Military Development sufficient in that settlement (T3 in both cases - the Hosting Halls). We will make this clear in the text.
    I was just about to correct myself - Mariners became available when I built next lvl. barracks.

I'm suddenly experiencing a CTD when I end turn as Tharbad. The Year is 423, and a few seconds after I hit the end turn button I get booted to desktop with the standard "Barbarian Invasion has stopped working" popup. I have tried to end turn several times, all with the same result (the crash usually happens around Rhun's turn). I haven't experienced anything of this nature so far, so this is a bit unusual (that, and it's preventing me from continuing my campaign).

I've attached a copy of my save if you want to take a look:

TheSave.zip

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Thanks, TVSK. Will take a look at it.

There are many problems with water bodies, either they look unrealistic, have grass sprouting out of them, units can walk through (or under) them etc (mastly ponds or lakes) or the AI can mave through them bu you can't (mostly rivers).

Another thing is that this "force diplomacy" does not seem to be working, am I doing it wrong (clicking on the advice button, show me how button and then prupose it) or is this unfinished?

The lakes are not 'real' lakes, the game has some issues recognizing them as water. Not sure whether this even can be fixed. As for rivers, they should be working fine. Are you sure the units are not simply crossing at the ford?

The force diplomacy works just fine. And it sounds like you're doing it correct. Be aware though that it'll cost you some thousand gold.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Quote Originally Posted by Thangaror View Post
    The lakes are not 'real' lakes, the game has some issues recognizing them as water. Not sure whether this even can be fixed. As for rivers, they should be working fine. Are you sure the units are not simply crossing at the ford?
    I know that, I just thought I should bring it up because it happens a lot. as for rivers I tried at the same place but only worked when my men were chasing down the enemy.

The force diplomacy works just fine. And it sounds like you're doing it correct. Be aware though that it'll cost you some thousand gold.
    It does not work for me. I only loose some ten thousand (does it have to be so much) gold and when I propose they still reject it. I am playing as Khand and want to give my regions to Rhūn so that I can become a hord and move my base to Umbar but for some idiotic reason it does not work (in either way).

Haha, no that doesn't work anyway. You can't give away all your settlements. Also forced diplomacy for some reason doesn't work for gifts. You have to demand something in return.

And you can't move units INTO the river, only across.

Haha, no that doesn't work anyway. You can't give away all your settlements. Also forced diplomacy for some reason doesn't work for gifts. You have to demand something in return.
    All my settlements but for the capital I might say, and I did take the standard proposal too.

And you can't move units INTO the river, only across.
    I suspected as much, and the reason why the enemy could cross and not I might also have to do with some invisible fords. Come to think of it that may explain my sucidal horse-archers... that time at least.

Quote Originally Posted by webba84 View Post
    Care to elaborate Feanaro? As you know the hero units are unrecruitable, once you beat them they are gone. I did not find it impossible to destroy all 3 units of citadel guards in a battle (as Adunabar) and outside of the elves and dwarves thats about as tough as it gets.

The elves and dwarves are (ridiculously) tough, yes, but they are also passive and fighting them is completely optional in any other factions campaign (yes I know you end up at war with the dwarves if Dale attacks you, but they will never assault your provinces so just stay out of their land and you will be fine). No faction has victory conditions that require taking non-mannish territory, not even Adunabar.

This guy has expressed his opinion very well but it also does seem he has just run up against the citadel guard and can't win the fight, were he to actually play something else rather than that one thing over and over his opinion on these units may be somewhat different.

Still, I (and Im sure the others too) am happy to adjust things if we can agree that there is a genuine problem there. Im far more interested in your opinion than his, though, Feanaro. What do you think should be done?
    I agree that they are among the most annoying units I have ever faced, decimated my forces when I played as Adūnabār, but they are necessary if you ask me. They are the only thing stopping Adūnabār from blitzing the Reunited Kingdom from turn one (something far too easy in most total war games) and as they are unique killing them will give you the satisfaction of knowing that you will never be bothered by them again (again, something uncommon in total war games).