Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bug Reports

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Default Bug Reports

Please post here any in-game bugs, CTDs, etc. In the rare event that you have a CTD, please see if you can duplicate it. If you can then attach the saved game to your post. If you cannot, and you think it something unrelated to your rig/vanilla, just report it here so we can see if anyone else reports a similar issue.

Note that some elements are not yet complete. Please do not report these. Known issues are:

* Levy unit and unit info cards not yet done
    * Rebel unit and unit info cards not yet done
    * Some minor issues with current unit cards (Coastal/Gondor merc unit info cards missing, alpha layer missing on Hireling Spears)
    * Ost-in-Edhil not yet upgradeable
    * Unique settlements not yet present on battlemap (except for Minas Anor)
    * Dwarven and Elven default settlements not yet finished on battlemap
    * Harondor Retainers and Rhovanion Scouts (and variants) coded with wrong spear weapon (affects charge value mainly)
    * Traits and ancillaries have some textual gaps, mainly in effects descriptions
    * King's Horsemen (RK's) unit text mentions spears when unit has sword
    * Tower of the Moon not yet implemented
    * Lindon Guards make reference to secondary weapon they do not possess
    * Anorien lore issue in White Tree description
    * AI faction balance via campaign script still needs adjusting (most noticeable perhaps in the AI Adunabar not being strong enough)
    * Easterling Skirmishers lack a secondary weapon model
    * Rhovanion victory condition image incorrect
    * Dragonshield Riders and Horse Archers of Khand descriptions refer to whirlwind ability which they dont have
    * Merethrond has two antagonist recruitment lines
    * The ground in forts is shiny
    * Khand and Far Harad colours too similar on the map
    * Warg Rider model lacking a shield (visual only)
    * Mounted units with cavalry spear (not lances, cavalry long spears or 2-handed cavalry spears) have too much def skill and too little charge to the amount of about 6 points
    * North Rhun victory map not displaying
    * Excessive unrest in a half dozen provinces - Gaugaul, Threeways, Braig Estolad, Brown Lands, Vorn-Hollen
    * Incense industry buildings unavailable for construction
    * Minas Ithil missing a Chief City marker
    Last edited by webba84; January 17, 2015 at 07:53 AM.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Bug Reports

The lore marker for Himring should be Himling, AFAIK.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

I believe Tolkien changed the name to Himring, Himling being the earlier form....
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

A couple of small bugs

-Elven Retainers charge with swords then use spears in combat.

-Glorfindels cavalry unit doesn't lower its lances when charging.

-I'm not sure of their unit stats, but rebel woodland bowmen seem to have absurd morale, fighting until the last man.

-Custom battle unit costs and units really need to be looked, as Evellynn are more expensive than Elves. Adunabar weapon upgrades costing 1 unit of Mirian. Hobbits only have one unit etc

-The most initially developed settlement in Lindons Port doesn't seem to develop any trade routes.

Really appreciating the work you have put into this mod.
    Last edited by Dom9127; January 04, 2015 at 09:30 AM.

Sorry to say, but none of these are bugs.

Infantry units always charge with their secondary weapon.
    If cavalry doesn't lower their spears, it's actually your fault. The units are not properly oriented towards the enemy and the charge is a mess. Take your time.
    Rebel bowmen, well, every experience point adds one morale. So, their morale might actually been have insanely high?
    Elvellyn units are probably more expensive, because they're much bigger.
    About weapon upgrade, yeah that's confusing but, as far as I can say, it applies for every unit of every faction except bodyguards.
    Trade routs: Not sure what you mean, but without trade rights, no trade. And Mithlond cannot trade with Harlond and Forlond by sea, because they are neighbouring provinces.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom9127 View Post
    -The most initially developed settlement in Lindons Port doesn't seem to develop any trade routes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thangaror View Post
    Trade routs: Not sure what you mean, but without trade rights, no trade. And Mithlond cannot trade with Harlond and Forlond by sea, because they are neighbouring provinces.
    This problem was addressed in closed beta. There is a hard-coded issue with a maximum radius for sea-trade; despite the fact this makes no sense whatever. Elves do not have sea trade with Reunited Kingdom in spite of trade rights because their ports are too far away. You, or someone with whom you have trade rights, will have to develop the closer ports. I do not recall if Tharbad's ports are close enough to work, but that seems a good early bet.

There may be workarounds for this problem, but they would likely involve reworking the map in some way, and so may take quite some time to manifest.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

We are fine with the Grey Havens not having any trading opportunities - its the place for Elves to sail into the west, not Venice, after all. But having the effects on the buildings is misleading, I agree.

BTW There are a couple of ports in western Cardolan that are close enough to trade with Forlond and Harlond, they usually end up in Tharbads hands atm.

ive noticed while playing that the animal husbandry and other scroll icon bulidings dont disappear after they have completed. ive played a couple diffent factions. love this mod amzing job
    Last edited by eagleeye4444; January 05, 2015 at 02:33 PM.

I'm not sure I follow you - buildings generally shouldn't disappear when you build them...
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

sorry what i mean is the animal scroll buliding icon dosnt leave the bulding loadout after its completed. it just stays there but the next buldings do start construction

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by eagleeye4444 View Post
    sorry what i mean is the animal scroll buliding icon dosnt leave the bulding loadout after its completed. it just stays there but the next buldings do start construction
    That happens because you built something that precludes you from building it. For example, construction charters can't be issued somewhere with a precious materials charter.
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

Texture bug: Easterling Skirmishers of Rhûn and North Rhûn are missing their knives! If you find them, report back at Mathom House in Micheldelving.
    Last edited by Thangaror; January 06, 2015 at 09:51 AM.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

So they are, thanks for finding that!

One of my generals obtained a "grievously wounded" trait, despite not being in battle for three turns.

Well, I probably should elaborate, circumstances are peculiar.

I played as Dorwinion and Dale had threatened my western border before, so my main army had marched west to the second starting province. In that turn I also got besieged at Eryn Rhûn by East Rhun, and beat of the attack with two axemen, one archer and the general (was quite nasty).
    Dale had besieged my town and my main army got stuck just one tile from Dale's host, and I had to end the turn. Dale send up a diplomat offering to become a protectorate, so of course I accepted, lest I lose one town and a significant portion of my army. Next turn, I of course send a diplomat to Dale myself, cancelling the 'alliance', and moved my main army back east, because a really small army of E-Rhûn dared to lay siege to my capital. So, my main army was sitting in the rebel territory where Gaurgaul is, I end turn, and suddenly my general, who's been just marching around for two turns, was "grievously wounded".
    Last edited by Thangaror; January 06, 2015 at 09:57 AM.

That's strange - I wonder if the 'grievously wounded' trait triggers are similar as those for the illness traits? The latter, IIRC, may be triggered by spending turns outside a settlement, with some randomness.
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Laetus

Orodengrin starts with Dwarven lands and Dwarven caverns even though it's independent and filled with Orcs, I assume it should be Old Dwarven lands and Orc caverns.

Revelo's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by aapjes View Post
    Orodengrin starts with Dwarven lands and Dwarven caverns even though it's independent and filled with Orcs, I assume it should be Old Dwarven lands and Orc caverns.
    That's deliberate, gives a Dwarf player additional objectives and incentives. part of the campaign.

The Fourth Age: Total War - Dwarf and Rhun beta tester.

Quote Originally Posted by Thangaror View Post
    One of my generals obtained a "grievously wounded" trait, despite not being in battle for three turns.

Well, I probably should elaborate, circumstances are peculiar.

I played as Dorwinion and Dale had threatened my western border before, so my main army had marched west to the second starting province. In that turn I also got besieged at Eryn Rhûn by East Rhun, and beat of the attack with two axemen, one archer and the general (was quite nasty).
    Dale had besieged my town and my main army got stuck just one tile from Dale's host, and I had to end the turn. Dale send up a diplomat offering to become a protectorate, so of course I accepted, lest I lose one town and a significant portion of my army. Next turn, I of course send a diplomat to Dale myself, cancelling the 'alliance', and moved my main army back east, because a really small army of E-Rhûn dared to lay siege to my capital. So, my main army was sitting in the rebel territory where Gaurgaul is, I end turn, and suddenly my general, who's been just marching around for two turns, was "grievously wounded".
    Quote Originally Posted by CountMRVHS View Post
    That's strange - I wonder if the 'grievously wounded' trait triggers are similar as those for the illness traits? The latter, IIRC, may be triggered by spending turns outside a settlement, with some randomness.
    This sounds like a good inspiration for a more realistic trait of this sort. Generals spending time in enemy territory might be victims of random attacks by hostile locals, thus becoming wounded. But this definitely requires a new trait with appropriate description and triggers, and the grievously wounded trait above should be reserved for battles.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Hmm, I wonder if we can trigger injuries from a failed assaasination attempt? Something to look at...

So, I doublechecked and he had the trait in the autosave, too, i.e.d before I got the notificaton. Anyway, that's still, some four turns since the last battle he participated in (I think it takes four turns to march from Eryn Rhûn to the capital, retrain and march to the next province).

Gee, I have to get accustomed to all those new settlement names.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast