Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installation Support

Default Re: Installation Support

Quote Originally Posted by CountMRVHS View Post
    I don't believe I've seen that error before. Could you provide more information about your setup, which version of the mod you're using, and when you see the error?
    Hi,
    it is a Win10 system with a clear TW Rome BI 1.6 installation. I just dowloaded FATW and installed it. When it comes to the first screen, even before any response of the game, the game crashes with the information above. I installed FATW in D:\Rome - Total War\bi\fatw
    regards
    Klaus

So you're running RTW from a disk?

Are you able to start the unmodded version of RTW and BI?

Apologies; it's been a little while since I've used a non-Steam version of RTW. I know that lots of users have been able to start up the mod and play it just fine using the provided download. I wonder if something went wrong during the download process that prevented you from getting all the necessary files?
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Quote Originally Posted by CountMRVHS View Post
    So you're running RTW from a disk?

Are you able to start the unmodded version of RTW and BI?

Apologies; it's been a little while since I've used a non-Steam version of RTW. I know that lots of users have been able to start up the mod and play it just fine using the provided download. I wonder if something went wrong during the download process that prevented you from getting all the necessary files?
    No problem. Yes both games start in unmodded version. I think i try a complete new installation. We will see...

Well I'm scratching my head a bit here. I have to say I'm not the most technically minded, so someone else might be in a better position to offer you advice. But if you're able to start the base games, I would think the only explanations for the mod not working would be A) something didn't get downloaded, or B) something went wrong during installation.

It's tough to know without seeing your file structure. I'd recommend looking through the install instructions again and seeing if there's something off or missing, and then giving it another download. And let us know if you get it resolved or still need help!

Quote Originally Posted by alextmusic View Post
    OK. I will need a bit of support here... I m installing the mod on steam.
    I did the right installation, but I can't run the mod. Following the instructions with the set launch options, when I run barbarian invasion, there is the barbarian invasion loading screen and then it gets me to the rome total war menu... Any help??
    Sadly i had the same issue , i attemped to use the images on the instructions but they are no longer at disposal , been trying to use the launch code option and nothing .

Hi Heraclius - I responded to you on MODDB earlier, but it was just to ask you questions to clarify the problem. We can discuss there or here, if you'd prefer.

So if I understand you right, you start up the game with Steam, choose Barbarian Invasion, but you get to the vanilla RTW menu?

I think is more easier here , yes , exactly this and i had followed everything according to the instructions.

Are you able to run Barbarian Invasion? (To check, you'll need to delete the '-mod:bi/fatw -show_err -nm -ne' stuff from the launch options section.)

If you can run BI, then the next thing I'm curious about is whether you can run any other RTW:BI mods.

If you can both run BI and BI-based mods, but you can't run Fourth Age, then I would say there are a couple of options. 1) Maybe there was a problem with the download, so you didn't get all the necessary files (though, to be honest, I'm not sure why that would lead to your specific problem; or 2) Maybe you made a mistake during the installation process.

Iam almost sure i had made a mistake... just dunno which was it , the first one is over the launch code itself , '' -mod:bi/fatw -nm -ne -show_err'' .

Nevermind , problem solved! It seems that , after had installed the mod , somehow the Data files had 'vanished' , installed again and everything is now working perfectly.

Fantastic! Let us know what you think of the mod!

On the off chance that anyone is still checking this, I recently got the urge to get back into FATW. I've installed it according to the instructions in this forum (complete with setting the Steam launch options to "-mod:bi/fatw -show_err -nm -ne" minus quotes). I'm running Barbarian Invasion (not RTW) and it seems to only be launching BI rather than FATW (although the menu has some non-standard options like "provincial campaigns" listed). When I try to launch campaign, I am getting the "Please select an item from the list" error. I checked the game version and it's 1.61. Is that potentially the problem?
    Thanks

Did you put FATW inside the bi-folder? Whenever this happened to me, it's because I had pointed the installation path to the wrong folder.

Yes, it is inside the BI folder. Is it not supposed to be?

You run the game on Steam? If so:

Go to your Steam library, right-click on the game, go to properties, then in the general tab click 'Set Launch Options' and type "-mod:bi/fatw -show_err -nm -ne" (without the quotation marks but with the spaces). Then when you launch BI through Steam the mod will start (to resume vanilla BI just delete the launch option text).

Quote Originally Posted by Bregil View Post
    On the off chance that anyone is still checking this, I recently got the urge to get back into FATW. I've installed it according to the instructions in this forum (complete with setting the Steam launch options to "-mod:bi/fatw -show_err -nm -ne" minus quotes). I'm running Barbarian Invasion (not RTW) and it seems to only be launching BI rather than FATW (although the menu has some non-standard options like "provincial campaigns" listed). When I try to launch campaign, I am getting the "Please select an item from the list" error. I checked the game version and it's 1.61. Is that potentially the problem?
    Thanks
    Thank you for trying to help. Per my quoted post above, I am aware of that step and it is not the problem. Do you have any other ideas on what might be going on?
    Thanks (apologies if this comes off as snarky as that is definitely not intended. I'm grateful for any attempts at fixing it. )
    Last edited by Bregil; November 05, 2022 at 11:04 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12