Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buildings icons

finix's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Buildings icons

North Catholic factions realistic building icons

Yes, there will be a southern Catholic factions ... because they have different distinctive architecture. I have not made icons for food slots, can be used original icons from Attila.

[IMG][/IMG]

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Wonderful !

Yep realistic ones are definitely the way to go. Brilliant.

Hold up just a second though. I've seen that ship in the level 3 military port before. In fact I recall seeing the entire bottom half of that image and that ship. When I was researching medieval ships just recently. If I go through my web history I'm sure I'll find the page.

How is exactly are you making these icons?
    Last edited by Lemonater47; April 11, 2015 at 10:28 PM.

Sometimes, the Internet offers the right resources, and sometimes need to use something done by someone else in order to achieve the outcome that you desire.
    I do not deny that I use better made things than I'd ever made them. Everything is in the interest of better look mod

it all really depends on how the overall artstyle for the mod is going to be
    if they're going old medieval art, which they shouldn't, they should use fitting icons
    I really hope they're not going the medieval art road...

and if they do, submod the other icons please and thank you

Orthodox factions realistic building icons

Here I should include "mercenary camps" buildings that might make the uniqueness of the Orthodox Christian factions as a "knightly tournaments" of Western Europe. Of course this was not discussed with the rest of the team

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by finix; May 13, 2015 at 06:03 AM.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Very nice, I like the Rus Orthodox religious building progression the most.

Great job on those, Love the easily discernible visual progressions. This will be great for immersion.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

The realistic ones look nice, but most people (including myself) voted for the historical ones...
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Quote Originally Posted by atheniandp View Post
    The realistic ones look nice, but most people (including myself) voted for the historical ones...
    @ atheniandp
    I assure you I have not abandoned other kind of buildings, work will be entirely original and will be quite a lot. And so I want to complete at least one type.
    At the end I or Warman we make voting as is properly with Poll, and then we will decide.

And I want to suggest to my teammates and all supporting this mod to emphasize the uniqueness of the fractions in addition knightly tournaments to do something similar for other ethnic groups with different religions
    What I mean - unique buildings:

Catholic Factions will have Knight tournaments - This will give access to those factions - Knights and some late units
    Orthodox factions will have Mercenary camps - This will give access to those factions access to basic units of other factions of the captured region
    Muslim factions will have Trade caravans - This will give access to havy camel and elephants units
    Pagan and Nomad factions will have Traditional Racing Games - This will give access to havy horse archers or cavalry

I hope to make discussion on my proposal to know whether to make pictures of these buildings
    Last edited by finix; May 16, 2015 at 03:04 AM.
    [IMG][/IMG]

This MOD is going to be most popular!!! Great job!

MOS-Lukas-Dwarf's Avatar Tiro

Freaking bad ass realistic ones!
    "You must be king before the long night begins... Only you can unite the living against the dead"

++ The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors ++

Wonderfull..Best icons i have ever seen mate.Very immersive and atmospheric
    + rep

I'm a big fan of realistic art and your work is really impressive.
    Former Unteroffizier of the 1st East Prussian Infantry (M&B Napoleonic Wars). Currently the 1stEPI is active and recruiting on ARMA 3, as an Iron Front based WW2 German focused unit. Visit our website for more information on our great history, the modpack in use, and our current operations in progress at http://www.1stepi.com/.

If you'd like to know more about me then don't be shy it's the internet.

Wow they look really good, if i may ask where did you find those images you merged to create these icon, they look really good especially the castle ones and i'd always like to have some more medieval pictures i can fiddle with

and even though i am a fan of the medieval art i would say the realistic ones.
    Last edited by uzo70; February 09, 2016 at 08:12 AM.

Your work is amazing !
    I was thinking about doing a mod for Age of Charlemagne that would change the building icons, and I love your realistic icons.
    Could you please explain a bit how you made them ? What tools, where you find the assets, if you draw some stuff yourself ... Any advice is welcome !

LEG-IV's Avatar Foederatus

I must admit at first i thought the manuscript / more authentic was a good idea. Indeed more in the medieval atmosphere.
    Then again when i started looking the realistc...i was left dumbstruck...
    Finix my personal opinion...just go for the realistic. Seriously.
    Those images make the game look so rich, so vivid and it transfers you straight into the era of that time.
    Manuscript is just the technic of how the artists back then knew to depict their suroundings in general.
    But today we can have the medieval era depicted with fantastic detail.
    E.g. "Province capital" section for Orthodox factions last picture depicts the famous triple row of walls from Constantinople.
    What else do i need to see than this majestic detailed picture??? Hell, i can even see the bricks in details.
    Man, go for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12