Thread: Naval Units and Land Units - Number of Men Cap on Naval Vessels

Default Naval Units and Land Units - Number of Men Cap on Naval Vessels

So I have played around with increasing the number of soldiers on naval vessels. I have found that there are limits to the number of soldiers that can be on a naval vessel whether it be a warship or transport.

I read somewhere here that someone had listed a table of max troops per ships but I cannot remember were I saw it (this happens to old guys like me... LOL)... I think it went something like this:

One-Halfer, Two, Two Halfer - anywhere from 60 to 100 soldiers depending on type
    Three 80 to 100 soldiers
    Four 120 soldiers
    Five 140 soldiers
    Six 160 soldiers
    Seven 180 soldiers
    Eight 200 soldiers

Transports - Small - smaller land units 80 to 120????
    Transports - Large - larger land units - 120 to 160, maybe up to 200???

Issues I am finding is that I have made many of the melee and spear land units 200 men, what results is when I fight a naval battle against transports, there ends up being a number of men in the water in a small tight group in the middle of the map (I assume because they will not fit on the ships that are over capacity)... this usually buggers up naval combat as when boarding other ships, they become perpetually locked in combat, as their associated compatriots are floating in the middle of the map...

ANYWAY, to my point, is there anyway someone has found to increase the capacity of these ships, or is it locked within the models somehow??? I have looked through the db tables.. battle_entities and the ship_dbs are the only two I could think of the would handle this information. There appears to not be any parameters there handling naval vessel capacity.

Let me know if anyone has found a fix for this... otherwise to preserve naval combat gameplay, i will have to take my unit numbers back down to vanilla strength.

Mackles's Avatar Roma Invicta

Default Re: Naval Units and Land Units - Number of Men Cap on Naval Vessels

As far as I know the ship capacity is locked, so you can't change anything there. You can, however, increase the number of ships per unit in the main_units table. That way the unit will be split evenly between the ships for each unit. Giving an order to a unit with 2 or more ships gives the same order to all of those ships. Be warned, multiple ships per unit comes with it's own bag of cats.
    MacklesMod - A series of mini-mods that apply tweaks, changes or fixes to Rome II & Attila
    Sigs out of date, mods ain't!

Patronized by Inarus. Constantly.