Thread: Money?

Freakk's Avatar Laetus

Default Money?

Hey, Im just wondering in the beginning how to stay out of debt? Im playing as the southern nation and im 400000 in the hole, Any way to stop this or start gaining money?

Default Re: Money?

Start conquering the rebel towns in Harondor and south of Mordor, and disband units (or use them in battle soon). Build havens, markets, and trade roads. Mirian should start pouring in after that.

Freakk's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by -apocalypsis-
    Start conquering the rebel towns in Harondor and south of Mordor, and disband units (or use them in battle soon). Build havens, markets, and trade roads. Mirian should start pouring in after that.
    Alright thanks

What I did was disband almost all my units but the ones in those startng armies. Most cities only need the governor there or 1 unit to keep 100% happiness even with VH taxes. Then take all the rebel cities that your armies start next to, and all the other rebel ones on the coast. After that, I disbanned all those armies and formed 2. 1 was a smallish one I put at the Poros Crossing, *the river just south of Ithilien* to keep Gondor out, and a nice full stack that I used to take and exterminate all of Gondor's western cities. Just sailed up, left the fleet and layied seige, next turn killed their dumb 3 unit garrison, and ran away with my loot true Corsair style. Most of the cities are small and won't give much, but Dol Amroth, Linhir, and Pelargir are normally large/minor cities and will give you a ton of money if you exterminate and destory every building.
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

Hehe, a true Corsair!

Personally, I have - playing with Gondor - the opposite problem, my income is disproportionally high. Iīd suggest to increase Gondors unit recruitment and upkeep cost, I have the feeling that all of Gondors units are severely underpriced. I donīt know how the costs were developed, but comparing unit costs of Harad and Gondor, I feel like they have been calculated on a per-man basis (so-and-so much per infantryman of a certain qulity, this much for a rider and so forth) and then been multiplied by the unit size. However, I donīt think how cost balancing can work out, thatīs why I feel that, for Gondor at least, the financial aspect is very unbalanced in Gondors favour (Iīll not go into the fact that Gondor has the richest provinces to start with).
    Life is a sequence of missed opportunities

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

RK does start off strong both in its regions and armies (or rather lack of them). The costs were worked out uniformly using a very complex formula which was not quite as complex as the one that crashed my Excel '97 when I added an extra paranethesis

Anyway, in the latest fix (1.2) RK receive less income from its provinces and some RK units have a higher upkeep (and horsed units cost more relative to similar units in other factions).

I think it is more balanced but do remember that harad and the Easterlings have fielded large forces which will cuase debt in reality - the secret is to use them well. RK on the other hand has not had the time to field its armies yet and so its wealth should not be compared to the other factions.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men