Thread: Need help merging mods of the same function, locate unknown locations

Default Need help merging mods of the same function, locate unknown locations

Hi guys, I just found out about the PFM and found it really handy to remove some of the things I don't like from the mods. But there are a lot of things I can't figure out yet. I have 3 long questions and have been hopelessly finding a way to do these. Please help if you can I'd be really grateful.

1/ I have a battle mod that adds dogs to generals. The author said he wanna make the general less useless. I want to remove the dogs because I think it doesn't make sense. I have no idea where to look at. Can anyone give me a hint?

2/I have several mods that reskin romans to certain extend. One mod reskin a lot other factions, which is what makes me like the mod. One mod reskin early republic units. One mod reskin imperial units. One mod reskin everything roman, but for this one I like his late republic. I see there are hundred to a thousand of conflicting files and that's a god awful amount of manual delete I have to make. Is there anyway I can do it like: I copy everything from the all romans mod to the all faction mod so I can replace romans, then copy everything from the early and imperial mods so I can replace those units from the all roman mods. In short I'm really desperate for a merging method.

For easier help this is the link to the battle mod http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...rchtext=warcry

Thank you so much for your help
    Last edited by diego007; January 01, 2015 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Remove the 2nd question bc while I was typing this thread, the author fixed it

Gyan-Avspar's Avatar Foederatus
    Islamic Republic of Iran,Mazandaran,Chalus

Default Re: Need help merging mods of the same function, locate unknown locations

Hi,deigo007.
    Removing dogs mean removing unit itself,just go to Unit_to_groupings_military_permissions and delete that unit.
    and 2:Vanilla units are fixed and thousands of modders can change them,so you will meet that some are in need of replacing that have been replaced so pick the best as you think then merge.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Need help merging mods of the same function, locate unknown locations