Thread: Enough: Remove my Artifex title please!

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Default Enough: Remove my Artifex title please!

I'm wondering how one goes about getting the 'Artifex' title removed because I no longer want to appear to be aligned with the values of the site's admin. This is because I have been repeatedly subjected to bad moderation where the contents of my posts have been deleted without sensible reason and without supplying me with a copy of what has been deleted. In these incidences I am obviously not given any opportunity to reword my posts unless I can remember them fully.

I am given the opportunity to appeal these dubious decisions, but I can find no reason to do so since I post to share my opinion rather than simply satisfy myself, I find the government roleplay you guys enjoy creepy, and I haven't the slightest shred of faith that my deleted writings would ever be justly restored in any case.

Also, since I only get to see my own minor to non-existent transgressions moderated so brutally, my impression is that the moderators in question may simply have it in for me... Of course I'll never know.

So there is my grievance as I see it and I'm not interested what anyone has to say about it. And afterall there should be no discussion of moderation outside some section of your roleplay government! But it is in response to this issue that I ask (again, and publicly this time) for this Artifex title, and any special privilege it grants, to be removed.

Thanks for your time, and please PM me with the answer if you can't just do it and be done with it

Default Re: Enough: Remove my Artifex title please!

Firstly, your comments about moderation should be done here
    Secondly, the Curia has nothing to do with site administration or moderation.
    The Curia is nothing more than the collective body of citizens like yourself. It recognizes members for their contribution. As a citizen, it is also your role to recognized others by patronization, nomination of awards, or voting in the recognition of potential citizens. It is to this end that the Curia also elect people to help administer these duties; like the Curator. It also must monitor the behavior of citizens, which is why it elects Censors. The one position that the Curia elect that does deal indirectly with moderation is the Magistrate. The Magistrate together with the two Tribunes then "check" the actions of the moderators to ensure fair and impartial application of the ToS, which is something you seem to be in favor of. While there are some degree of politicking, it isn't a government.
    Lastly, While citizenship does give you some benefits on the site, it doesn't give you any greater say in site administration or moderation. It is not part of the deal. So whether or not you keep your recognition or not, it changes noting.

Honestly, your best course of action is not to give up something you rightfully earned, but to take your complaints to the people you are most upset with, admin and moderators.

Best regards....
    Pike

Raritу's Avatar Glück auf!
    Artifex

My Account -> Permission Groups -> Scroll down to You are a member of the following groups table -> Tick Leave Group in the Artifex Row -> Leave Group

Happy New Year, anyway.
    Honored filly of M and happily taking my glance over Milner and Diamat

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

If you want to stop getting infracted and your psots moderated you should probably stop breaking the ToS and learn to attack the post instead of the poster. Examples: Shuu's post is stupid - allowed. Shuu is stupid - not allowed. Everyone is stupid for not agreeing with me, Taijin - definitely not allowed.

Also those requests to explain yourself come from the Citizens Tribunal which has nothing to do with the site's admins and moderation, they are standard procedure and are meant to help you.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; December 31, 2014 at 02:12 PM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

The Curia has nothing to do with Moderation, where it appears your grievance lies. If you feel you have been unfairly moderated against for whatever reason then all I can advise is taking your case to the Praetorium or the Tribunal. It is not common practice to PM people when their posts are deleted unless some sort of Moderation action follows - and in all cases I have seen the PM's are well documented with what post action was taken again; if that hasn't happened then you are right to make comment on that - but as Pike linked to, in the Moderation commentary thread. What you are calling government roleplay is site moderation - something the site needs to function - the Curia is perceived by some to be as such, but I can't see where you have made any complaints about the Curia. You are right you have the opportunity to appeal what has happened, so there is no need to moan about unfair decisions/bad moderation or the like if you can't even be bothered to make use of the options available to you! You are welcome to share your opinion, but it has to be done within the boundaries of the ToS - which may I add you agreed to when registering your account back in June 2005.

If you would like to join the Artifex group again just make the request and I shall get it sorted for you.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE