Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Something Seriously Wrong with Performance on DeI

Default Something Seriously Wrong with Performance on DeI

MY FPS takes an extreme dive in battles. I never get this in the actual Rome 2 game or in any other mods including Constantine. I'm even sometimes getting stuttering like you do in siege battles with just 5 vs 5 units, except the stuttering is happening in an open field battle with just grass and about 2 trees.

I've lowered everything that can be a CPU burden and it's still barely playable.

8350@4.5GHz
    R9 280x3GB@1200 core/ 6500 mem + Omega Drivers
    8GB DDR3 2000 odd MHz RAM
    Asus soundcard

What's been added that can cause such huge slowdowns?
    Last edited by Godz_Mercenary; December 30, 2014 at 10:03 AM.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Something Seriously Wrong with Performance on DeI

Out of curiosity, are you using the standalone or steam version of DeI?

This post may have some helpful information: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...mance-with-DeI

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Same here. Used to have great performance on very high-ultra settings with DeI 0.96, but since 1.0 I can't even play a land battle with two half stacks because of the stuttering.

I already did what you're suggesting in the thread some time ago and indeed it helped quite a lot back then. Now it seems I have to drastically lower every graphic setting just to be able to properly play a 20v20-unit battle. Is there really no explanation for this drop in performance? Some increased texture like the increased amount of unit skins…?

I already stated this in another thread I know. But, as you'll understand, since I can't play the highly anticipated 1.0 version there's not much else for me to do but searching for an explanation (and hopefully a fix)

Yes the preformence was better in 0.96 with most factions. But I remember playing as macedon in battles hade much worse performance then Rome and all other factions I played wit (not all). In 1.0 I play as rome and it's the same kind of lag I'm getting. I have a stong pc so it's not that big of an issue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Addario View Post
    Yes the preformence was better in 0.96 with most factions. But I remember playing as macedon in battles hade much worse performance then Rome and all other factions I played wit (not all).
    Indeed you guessed well I mostly play as Macedon and that's also the faction I think I mostly experienced those annoying (and therefore very few) "big stuttering, unplayable battles" with in 1.0. Still I didn't have this stuttering in 0.96, only in 40v40 siege or naval battles. That's why I'm thinking it has something to do with the new faces added to Greeks (I'm not sure about other factions).

I'd love to do some tests on this but sadly I don't have the time to restart my computer every time I launch a battle and have to force-exit because of the stuttering/freezing. The only significant alterations on the Macedonian units are the faces so that's why I think they're causing the heavy performance drop, however strange...

Ok, guys, something weird is really happen. I have my graphics downgraded for the first time ever. To the ground. Message says that memory was 1908mb short then it should be; I have a GTX 680 2gb. I never had any GPU issue with the game, always run at Ultra to Extreme settings. Something is really wrong.

Yeah, I'm having issues with bigger battles too now... I'll try messing with some options first and see what's up.

Thanks for the replies. I'm using the steam version. I looked at that performance thread but gains aren't that great. I don't get what it is. I'm not even using 2x unit sizes which I always do with other mods and vanilla and my FPS pumps 50+ only dipping to 35 on 20 vs 20 battles. Does this have some added graphical mods attached to it?

Same here, stuttering freezing and huge loading times, even with the minimum setting for unit size.

also, this thing is worse in custom battles, and in campaign battles it performs a bit better.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Fun fact, lowering some settings too much will actually make your game run slower! I don't remember the exact post about it, but for example if you put particle effects below very high, they will be rendered by your CPU, not GPU! Since RTW2 is mostly CPU dependant, setting some stuff on lower levels will make even bigger stuttering. I don't remember which one were supposed to be on very high, but all of them, if set below VH made your game lag even more.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

OK the main thing that might have an effect with update looks for units are the wider range of face variety. Here is a test pack that simply links custom skins back to the original 5 vanilla faces for various skin types:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ua...tion_Pack.pack

If you are having fps problems you can try loading this pack with DEI and let me know if it has an effect. (You will have less variety with faces but maybe smoother battles??)

File made no difference for me, still extreme lag/ pauses of 10 to 15 seconds in battle. Anyone else try it? In custom battle though mind you, did not try a campaign battle.
    Last edited by stevehoos; December 30, 2014 at 04:59 PM.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Diego View Post
    OK the main thing that might have an effect with update looks for units are the wider range of face variety. Here is a test pack that simply links custom skins back to the original 5 vanilla faces for various skin types:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ua...tion_Pack.pack

If you are having fps problems you can try loading this pack with DEI and let me know if it has an effect. (You will have less variety with faces but maybe smoother battles??)
    This pack is actually crashing my game on startup.

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

DeI uses a lot of new textures, and this could be a cause of the problems, especially if you play on high res and you have low vram amount.
    Another cause could be the lod models. Do the new model parts have lower lods, or lod0 is used for all distance ranges?
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by stevehoos View Post
    File made no difference for me, still extreme lag/ pauses of 10 to 15 seconds in battle. Anyone else try it? In custom battle though mind you, did not try a campaign battle.
    I tried it, and no difference at all

now that im thinking these "pauses" was a problem i had with the HDR or whatever is called that thing that scales brightness and adjust light automatically as you zoom etc, i solved the problem with a mod that deactivate it, but yeah, the issues im having with the current version of DEI (standalone) looks very similiar

Little update i unistalled gem, and the situation with the "pauses" improved

still i have them, like there still was the HDR (with that was pause to load and then change of light etc with the mod is pause and nothing) probably because the mod is old.

Do divide et impera touch lights and the HDR?

edit: yeah completely an HDR issue. i hope that the HDR will be updated
    Last edited by RandomRoman; December 30, 2014 at 05:56 PM.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Does anyone use the Dynamic Music Mod? I was getting some strange performance drops in terms of load times when using it earlier today. No idea why though.

I use the DMM and i'm experiencing the same long loading times. Didin't try to uncheck the mod yet.

I also have massive stuttering although I have a very good system.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast