1 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: UESW 300 Vote!

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

Default UESW 300 Vote!

[/CENTER]
    Voting Specific Rules

• See here for complete listing of all General Competition Rules and Regulations
    • Each user is allowed two votes per contest at the discretion of the Competition Manager. Users may not vote for their own submission. Any use of alternate accounts is strictly prohibited and will result in action taken against those who break these terms.
    • Advertising for the PoTW and UESW competitions is allowed. Asking for votes in any way however is strictly prohibited and will result in action taken against those who violate these terms
    • If you have any suspicions about people cheating, feel free to send me a private message and I'll investigate it

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

DarrenTotalWar's Avatar Video/Podcast Creator
    Citizen

Default Re: UESW 300 Vote!

3 and 4 look like they are edited :/

I've never seen lens flare like that in the game by default, and with number 4, Rome II's depth of field blurs the back or the front, never both...

Check out my latest video: Unit Expansion Mods

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Well' I admit that actually I've never seen that blur effect in any TW game ...

mikea4's Avatar Miles

It's GEM Shader which is a mod for Rome 2 Total War and other games. The most recent versions added blur effects and lens flare effects. They are not edited, they are just part of GEM. I don't think mods are banned in the UESW competition, but I may be wrong.

edit

1. Submissions must be screenshots originating from any of the Total War series games or modifications designed for them.

Just looked at the competition rules and it says modifications of the game are allowed. G.E.M is a graphical modification for Rome II and other games. So I think it is allowed. There may be an argument to be had, that screenshots taken with G.E.M should not be allowed in the unedited screenshot of the week competition, but given that it is available for, I think, all of the total war games, it is my opinion that any screenshots taken with G.E.M should be allowed.

Apart from that, good pictures everyone!
    Last edited by mikea4; January 07, 2015 at 02:44 PM.

Does GEM add even blur now? Really? This is awesome!!! I need to update my version of GEM because I don't see any blur running GEM on Rome 2, I add the blur, when needed, editing the pic.

I use almost always GEM: with Med2 it's a MUST as with Empire, I don't use it with Napoleon and Shogun because I find the lights in both games very good, by I'm running it in Rome because the colors and the light in Rome2 are simply horrid and disgusting.

So now I need to download again GEM, quickly. Helpful informations Mikea, thanks. ... and yes, they are all great pics.

Actually those GEM mods arent fair if you ask me, thats at least my point of view, they even add lens effects, some kind of colour correction and depth of field (which would normally have to be edited painfully), so they should at least be submitted in the POTW, I'm for a vote about this matter. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by xHolyCrusader View Post
    Actually those GEM mods arent fair if you ask me, thats at least my point of view, they even add lens effects, some kind of colour correction and depth of field (which would normally have to be edited painfully), so they should at least be submitted in the POTW, I'm for a vote about this matter. Just my 2 cents.
    I understand your point: in fact, if GEM adds blur effects and lens effects and color corrections, then it's not easy understanding if a screen has been edited or not.

Syntax's Avatar "Veni Vidi Vici"

Same here, I also the opinion GEM is a kind of picture edition, which is a bit against or at the edge for the unedited picture competition. But its hard to make a meaningful rule and fix the exact line, as many mods in general have influence on graphical aspects.

On the other side, to be honest I assume no one who's member on twcenter.net plays the game un-modded or at least a real minority of players only - so this poll would be an empty house!

The best is we just stick to the existing as there is no medal to earn for this part of the competition.....as it is just for the sake of fun.....

It should be an unedited picture out of the game, just right from the screen, without additional loading into graphical enhancement tools,......if the shot is of a modded game or vanilla shouldn't and doesn't care at all.....
    Last edited by Syntax; January 11, 2015 at 06:11 AM.

spiderknight's Avatar Ordinarius

Agreed. Keep it the way it is. I wont play the game without GEM (and DEI) so i wouldnt enter the contest if it was restricted to the base game.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderknight View Post
    Agreed. Keep it the way it is. I wont play the game without GEM (and DEI) so i wouldnt enter the contest if it was restricted to the base game.
    If you dont want to submit them in the UESW, you still could submit them to the POTW

DarrenTotalWar's Avatar Video/Podcast Creator
    Citizen

I would be of the opinion that GEM should be considered an edit on the picture.

Check out my latest video: Unit Expansion Mods