Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: [MOD] Hispania in the Middle Ages - (Updated 09.12.2017)

Default Re: [MOD] Hispania in the Middle Ages - (Updated 09.12.2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Drustan View Post
    Este mod es genial, si usted planea hacer una nueva version y quiere que un hablante nativo de inglés compruebe que los textos estén bien escritos me avise

+Rep
    Thank you Drustan!

Quote Originally Posted by Gruisman View Post
    Hi Miguel, great work on the mod! I'm enjoying it so far. I have only encountered one problem that I cannot seem to fix.

I have installed all the files but I'm still missing the 'Rise Of The Military Orders Campaign'.

When I start the game and I'm at the main menu I only have the Grand Campaign of the 11th century en when I press on the Reconquista Campaigns I only see; The Struggle for the Strait, Almohad Invasion and El Cid. But nowhere do I find Rise of the Military Orders.. do you have any idea what the problem might be?

Again, thanks for all the great work so far! keep it up
    Hello. Where did you download the mod? It also missing the campaign of Asturias. Either you have mixed languages or for some unknown reason there are missing files to be installed.
    Last edited by Miguel_80; August 09, 2018 at 01:46 AM.

El Cid en la campaña del Cid en Muy Difícil es imposible sin perder Valencia al principio, te vienen dos ejércitos completos de almorávides sin dar tiempo a nada.

Yes it can be maintained, contract mercenaries, make sure your armies are together, think of some tactics, etc...

How??

No money for mercenaries xD

https://imgur.com/a/vJPExOO

Any tips?

Actualizo: He juntado todo mi ejército en Valencia y he ganado contra los dos stacks juntos, a costa de la vida del Cid y quedándome sólo 300 hombres de todos mis ejércitos juntos. No sé cómo me voy a recuperar de ésta y aún peor si me mandan otro stack por pequeño que sea... ¿Está hecho tan difícil a conciencia?, ninguna otra facción tiene un comienzo tan duro en todas las que he probado.
    Last edited by Toranks; August 31, 2018 at 03:48 PM.

Of course I have programmed it conscientiously, but the problem is that the difficulty of the M2TW is "cheated" (as the people says), in stats, in auto-resolved battles, economy, melee battles, etc. Let's see... some players complain that it is X things are easy, others that it is too difficult. I have tried to adjust to reality as much as possible compensating all difficulties. By the way, in this case, it is not far from reality; alliance with Pedro de Aragón, refuge in other cities temporarily and return to the charge even if territory is lost. I also remind you that Valencia was lost in 1102, and didn't recover until the conquest of Jaime I in the 1230s. Lower the difficulty or look for another strategy. Have you ever thought about setting up an expedition to the Balearic Islands to have a fortified base and set and organize attacks? or also marry your princesses with other princes of other factions to inherit regions. The objective of the Seigniory of Cid (not Valencia exclusively) isn't about coupling in Valencia and repelling all the Almoravid attacks, if not, to survive and launch into adventure; search other regions if necessary, regroup, win time... the objective of that faction is to survive as much as possible and launch into adventure, or something different than with other factions. I thought that a campaign like that, to the limit, would have more emotion than the usual ones.

Claro que lo he programado yo aposta, pero el problema es que la dificultad del M2TW está "chetada" (como dicen), en stats, en batallas auto-resueltas, economía, batallas cuerpo a cuerpo, etc. A ver... unos jugadores se quejan de que es X cosas son fáciles, otros de que es demasiado difícil. Yo lo he intentado ajustar a la realidad en todo lo posible compensando todas las dificultades. Por cierto, en este caso , no dista mucho de la realidad; alianza con Pedro de Aragón, refugio en otras ciudades temporalmente y volver a la carga aunque se pierda territorio. Además te recuerdo que Valencia se perdió en 1102, y no se recuperó hasta la conquista de Jaime I en la década de 1230. Baja la dificultad o busca otra estrategia. ¿Nunca has pensado montar una expedición a las Baleares para tener una base fortificada y fijar y organizar ataques? o también casar a tus princesas con otros príncipes de otras facciones para heredar regiones. El objetivo del señorío del Cid no se trata de acoplarse en Valencia y repeler todos los ataques almorávides, si no, de sobrevivir y lanzarse a la aventura; busca otras regiones si es necesario, reagrupa, gana tiempo... el objetivo de esa facción es sobrevivir como se pueda y lanzarse a la aventura, o sea algo diferente que con otras facciones. Pensé que una partida así, al límite, tendría más emoción que las típicas de siempre.

P.D: Aunque también puedes recurrir al comando consola y te añades en algún turno 2000 o 3000 florines para mercenarios, una pequeña trampa, pero es que en esa dificultad, la que realmente hace trampas es la IA. Mucha gente ha jugado a esa campaña y es de sus preferidas, y han conquistado un buen territorio de la penísula Ibérica.

P.D.2: Si sabes que van a por Valencia sí o sí, sin remedio, auto-destrúyela y vende los edificios y quítales Denia (por ejemplo). Así constantemente, a ver quién resiste más... Saquea destruye, ves a sus ciudades, puedes hacer muchas cosas, no son tan fuertes como aparentan, lo que envían numerosas tropas dejando las ciudades con lo justo, aprovecha ese tipo de situaciones, etc...

¡Gracias! Tus consejos me sirven, no había pensado lo de las princesas o sacrificar Valencia para recuperarla más adelante. También he de aclarar que quizás actúen diferente en tu versión del juego, porque yo le he añadido la última versión de ReallyBadAI. El juego funciona perfectamente pero con una BAI y CAI mucho mejor que MTW2 Vainilla, lo que afecta a las decisiones que toma la IA en la campaña. De hecho, si comienzo la campaña del Cid con otra facción, la IA no ataca al Cid sino que se va a objetivos mucho más fáciles. Aparentemente tiende a presionar más al jugador humano que a otra IA xD

Muchas gracias de nuevo, y enhorabuena por el mod. Se lo he enseñado a unos amigos españoles muy fans de juegos históricos y les ha encantado.

I'm glad, but if you add a script like ReallyBadAI that's probably it one that causes those changes. As a general rule, if I wanted to play with ReallyBadAI I would have already asked for permission and I would have put it, but I don't like it, also nor do I love the vanilla, but it' what it is... The mod it's made in my own way, with my custom scripts, compatible for all; if you have problems using other submods it's no longer my affair. Greetings.

Me alegro, pero si agregas un script como ReallyBadAI, probablemente sea uno que cause esos cambios. Como regla general, si quisiera jugar con ReallyBadAI, ya habría pedido permiso y lo habría puesto, pero no me gusta, tampoco me gusta el vainilla, pero es lo que hay... El mod está hecho a mi manera, compatible para todos; si tienes problemas para usar otros submods, ya no es asunto mío. Un saludo.
    Last edited by Miguel_80; September 01, 2018 at 10:31 AM.

Does this mod have Reemergent Factions? I think it would be a superb idea to include remergent factions in it for replayability.
    Imagine if you knock down a couple of factions the game is pretty much over. But with remergent factions they can rise again.
    I think that is the feature that would make this mod compete with the likes of Stainless Steel.

Este mod contine Reemergent Factions? Creo quer seria una excelente idea incluirlo.

Hello. It doesn't work exactly like that. They act as rebel factions. It is not the objective that interests me for this mod.

Rebel Factions? So they become living factions with the possibility to expand or they are just some dumy grey rebels?
    This would make your mod so much better.

The command "faction_emerge" depends on the discontent in the settlements of your faction, there is no fixed territory, they are like rebels. Then they never disappear even if they don't have cities, they will act even without a leader. Are you sure that the Stainless Steel script uses that method?
    Last edited by Miguel_80; September 07, 2018 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel_80 View Post
    The command "faction_emerge" depends on the discontent in the settlements of your faction, there is no fixed territory, they are like rebels. Then they never disappear even if they don't have cities, they will act even without a leader. Are you sure that the Stainless Steel script uses that method?

The two biggest mods for MTW2, Europa Barbarorum 2 and Stainless Steel use remergent factions and honestly thats why i still play them. i think they are based in the Viva La rebellion Re-emergent factions script:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...28-2016-update

Im not an expert but i think its quite easy to implement it, especially with all the features you have in this mod, like the events etc... i think you can make it.

Yes, I already know it, but personally I don't like that method. It can serve for some rebellion in particular, but it is not the case of my mod, just as I wanted create it.

Hi Miguel_80. First of all, thanks for the all the hard work and congratulations for this anwsome mod, as a portuguese i like to play this peninsula mods because everything feels more realistic. The only "major" flaw/annoyance i found is that some factions like Taifa of Badajoz are completly vanilla factions with a different name. In this case they are like turks. I think that even you just change their flags and banners will be enough to cheat my mind and don't even notice that. It's just a sugestion, i don't know if it actually is easy or difficult to do that.

But what brings me here is the "Almoravid script" in early era campaing...in the past i read all of this pages but i don't remember....how it exactly works? I defeat Taifa of Badajoz and was planning some movements when i saw huge stacks of them with my spy already conquering some Taifa of Seville lands...it's ok, nothing wrong about that even if i found strange they appearance in the middle of Taifa of Seville...but in the next turn (and all of the 3/4 turns i play after that) i noticed that they spawned out of nowhere and attack me right away (because they have balistas).

So far i managed to repel all of the 3 or 4 attempts by using my cavalary to destroy the balistas but this makes a little difficult/confusing/impossible to make racional tactical moves with my armies because i simple don't know which city is the next to be attacked.

Just to be clear...i'm not complaining because i think it is a bug, i can see clearly by the composition of the armies that they are script armies that spawn to do just that...i just want to know if there is a limit to this or it is a permament script that only disappear if i kill all of them. I need to know how the script work so i can decide what to do...i don't want to continue this specific campaing if they will keep continue to spawn forever until i take all of their cities.

keep up the good work, respect from a Portuguese neighbor.

Will there be a new patch for this mod?

Hello Miguel_80, you are silent for long time, bro. I hope there is no problem there.

@JXulo: Hello. With the Taifas I have not gone into many details, as they are minor factions. Anyway I'm not 3D modeler. Regarding the script of the Almoravids, is for them to fulfill their invasion route; if not, they don't leave Africa and the campaign loses meaning and historical realism.

Spoiler for SAMPLE

@sullivanclan1: Hello. Yes, when I have time in summer, I will start a new update.

@serkan86: Hello serkan86. Yes, I'm practically absent for personal reasons and lack of free time. As soon as I can, I will be more active.

What will this new patch consist of?

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    What will this new patch consist of?
    Historical battles, some unit, some historical script event, etc. I have to think about it yet.

Will there be new units or fixing some old units? Any new emergent factions?