Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] Vanilla Unit Cards for 1.0

Default [Official Submod] Vanilla Unit Cards for 1.0

Load this before the main pack to have vanilla unit cards for units in DeI 1.0: http://www.mediafire.com/download/k2..._Card_DeI.pack

*Haven't fully tested it so let me know if there are issues.
    Last edited by Dresden; January 10, 2015 at 02:48 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: [Official Submod] Vanilla Unit Cards for 1.0

Doesn't revert the unit cards to vanilla style.

Even if its loaded before the mod? Hrm..I will check it out later.

I'll admit to not knowing how to load modifications in a specific order. I just enabled DEI 1.0 and the vanilla cards in the steam mod manager.

I just tried it to see what happened using it above DeI via the unofficial mod manager, and it results in rosters partially in DeI style and partially in vanilla style.

Why would we want the vanilla cards when we have the new ultimate amazing extraordinary cards you guys made???

hahahha i 'm sorry, i think i overdosed from the release of 1.0!!!

1.0 extracts 1157 icons, this submod extracts only 664 icons, so basically like half of cards are missing. 096 extracts even less so i have no idea where the problem lies.

Hrm. Well over 200 of the difference in number is the custom MERC and AOR unit cards in 1.0.

To make this I took the vanilla cards from the main game, the 0.96 cards from the 0.96 pack and then the new unit packs (which may have the new unit cards, I will have to check).

Dunno bout new unit packs and stuff, but a lot of basic units, like Levies, Equites and such have the new icons when using this submod.

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

Dresden, I think you should also extract those from vanilla game, there's about 400 cards in data_rome2.pack and 300 in data.pack

Well, it works with the Mod Manager.

Loads of unit cards missing though, it's a mix of vanilla and the new ones.

I prefer the vanilla ones myself.

Yeah, same here, waiting on this submod to start a gc.

Yeah so, i extracted unit cards and masks from data2 and data and 096, and you both were right. Merc/AOR icons remain the 1.0 kind probably because you made them custom, and, majority of casual units got their cards replaced by the ones extracted from data pack. If someone could fill the gaps with aor and mercs it would be much obliged as i think its a matter of few minutes when you know what needs changing.

yes, i really hope someone will work on this submod so we can have all the unit cards back as before asap. I really dont like the new cards, its the only thing i dont like about the mod atm

I will work on it when I get a chance, I missed the cards in the data.pack.

I have to say many people worked hard on our custom cards so it is a bit disappointing when they aren't appreciated

To each is own. Anyway, data pack isn't the problem, it takes a minute to add the icons to this pack from that pack, the problem is the new merc and aor icons that i think need manual replacing, now i know how to replace icons themselves, but masks and unit variants tables provided with this submod got me all confused. 200+ icons need replacing, if you keep or kept some kind of list which cards were used for mercs and especially aor in previous version that would reduce the process and make it easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post

I have to say many people worked hard on our custom cards so it is a bit disappointing when they aren't appreciated
    They're just silly philistines, don't take it to heart, the new ones look epic and much more distinguishable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post

Had the entire interface been overhauled to accomodate these new pictures, or had the style in which they where photoshopped been somewhat consistent, then I wouldn't have minded.

However, it is jarringly obvious that whoever made them just took pictures of the units in-game, cropped them out, and pasted them on-top of a template.

Thanks for making this optional, will wait till its ready

My reasons why i prefer default ones

- Ancient feeling, especially Egyptian hieroglyph
    - Unit type is easy to recognize, with new cards i need to read unit stats to understand if its missile or melee unit
    - They blend better in UI, new cards seems out of place
    Last edited by Jin-; December 30, 2014 at 03:30 PM.

^ CA has a great art department, they always nail everything from concept art to the live game. I don't understand why people would prefer screenshots over carefully crafted pieces, but again as i said, to each is own. Dresden, if you can send me a message explaining why you have unit variants tables in the this pack, and how the mask part works, and provide me with the indicator used on the new merc and aor icons AND provide me with the vanilla icons for aor and merc units, i can take up the task on blending in the indicators into vanilla cards. For now, since you are busy, just filling the aor and merc cards with the vanilla ones will do since i want to just start and finish a campaign with the new version.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast