Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: !!! 3.6 Open Beta - Released !!!

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: !!! 3.6 Open Beta - Released !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Railin12 View Post
    No The Dee thats not what im asking. Do you need someone to MAKE a launcher to install the mod or a launcher to sort files
    The Installer is most badly needed as right now installing the game is a mess.
    The Launcher (currently Subspower) is by now (since there were new files added) also somewhat outdated. it still works, just not as smooth as it could.

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Quote Originally Posted by The Dee View Post
    Hey doods,

I... like many of you believe this is a fantastic mod with excellent depth, feel and immersion.

Let us have a go at finding one or two fabulous individuals who are serious about putting a little work in.
    Trig and Pappagoat have politely hinted and asked if anyone is up for helping with building a launcher.
    There are other things with the mod that require a little work and kind, dedicated attention.
    Let's ring a bell, send a raven, pray to the sun-god Ra... whatever and get it done.
    This mod WILL be fully realized, it would seem that WE will have to make it happen.

If anyone is serious about helping, send a PM and detail what you can help with, offer to pitch in, start a thread if needs be etc ...get serious.
    Let's get moving!

Volunteers...
    Just as them souls who eagerly stepped up for their causes in 1861 and 1862 and formed those now-famous regiments for the Union and CSA, let us get recruiting and volunteering to get this mod fully completed.
    It's up to us.

Nothing is dead until it stops breathing.

D
    Mayhaps you should step up good sir?

Hey Nickrica,

I'm already on it.
    Trig bribed me with a bottle of 'Oh be Joyful'.
    I woke up in a tent and a lap-top with a list of 'to-do's'.

D

No The Dee thats not what im asking. Do you need someone to MAKE a launcher to install the mod or a launcher to sort files
    Hey Railin,

I mis-understood so my apologies.

Yes, a new launcher is most needed.
    As Trig said, the Subs Power one requires updating.
    As this mod moves into the next release a new launcher is very much required.

If you can help with this then please PM myself or Trig, that would be much appreciated.

Regards,
    D

msckman101's Avatar Foederatus

Hey Nickrica,

I'm already on it.
    YAY! We have somebody. With the next update, can there be a all-in-one install? With all the versions you have to download and install, it makes it more likely that the transfer process may forget one of those files that totally will not make the game work. Enjoy the "Oh be Joyful", I'm partial to Gledfiddich.

Quote Originally Posted by msckman101 View Post
    YAY! We have somebody. With the next update, can there be a all-in-one install? With all the versions you have to download and install, it makes it more likely that the transfer process may forget one of those files that totally will not make the game work. Enjoy the "Oh be Joyful", I'm partial to Gledfiddich.
    We are working on a launcher to make the 3.6 version smoother to install and start up etc.
    All being well, at some point we'll look at being able to have previous versions included in the launcher/installer as well.
    One step at a time though.

p.s. If I am gonna drink real whiskey, it'll be a 32 year old Cardhu.

Regards,
    D

I like the new guy The Dee. I wish I could learn how to mod but I'm too scared to

Would it be possible in the next patch to add the ability to toggle 'Line of sight' on and off, because as much as I admire the idea and the work put into it, I would still prefer the game without. Everything else is perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by DK_GreatDane View Post
    Would it be possible in the next patch to add the ability to toggle 'Line of sight' on and off, because as much as I admire the idea and the work put into it, I would still prefer the game without. Everything else is perfect!
    Heya,

What do you mean by 'line of sight' exactly?
    As in the LOS mechanics of Rome Total war 2 for example?

D

Quote Originally Posted by DK_GreatDane View Post
    No line of sight in this game. Only units that have stealth mode on until spotted. You could open an editor and change them all back to visible in your game, but not sure we should change the mod just because you don't like one of its features.

A feature I would love on here is column formation. My god would the game be more interesting and have more immersion with that feature. By the way, are there any modding tutorials? I would like to know how to mod games, script, and stuff like that. I hate making all of these recommendations and flaw point outs when I can't mod or script myself! I really want to help with this mod, and others.

Quote Originally Posted by nordherogaming View Post
    A feature I would love on here is column formation. My god would the game be more interesting and have more immersion with that feature. By the way, are there any modding tutorials? I would like to know how to mod games, script, and stuff like that. I hate making all of these recommendations and flaw point outs when I can't mod or script myself! I really want to help with this mod, and others.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...21-Dec-2011%29

Warscape or whatever its called is an awful modding platform but the tidbits I learned are here... follow some of the guides, dont get discouraged with crashes and mod till you cant mod anymore...

Hey Nickrica,

I'm already on it.

D
    Ok cool, thought you were one of those "lead from behind" kind of guys for a second, lol.

So i'm actually a little confused about the new campaign startpos, what is added if you play the mod with 3.4 or 3.5 campaign files? I mean is it the old campaign files with new units, maps, features? What is the difference between downloading 3.6 and using the 3.4 as opposed to the 3.5 campaign file? What is the "sweet spot" for most amount of content/no crashes?

Quote Originally Posted by nickrica View Post
    So i'm actually a little confused about the new campaign startpos, what is added if you play the mod with 3.4 or 3.5 campaign files? I mean is it the old campaign files with new units, maps, features? What is the difference between downloading 3.6 and using the 3.4 as opposed to the 3.5 campaign file? What is the "sweet spot" for most amount of content/no crashes?
    3.6 mod + 3.6 startpos = all latest developments, forts on map, politics, starting armies, navies, map corrections, etc, but also unexpected campaign crash
    3.6 mod + 3.5 startpos = some developments over 3.4, but not quite to standard of 3.6, but also possible campaign crash
    3.6 mod + 3.4 startpos = outdated map with several errors, but also likely no campaign crash

I know line of sight isn't a thing in this game engine, I meant the units' stealth mode and I don't expect you to change a mod just for me.

I only intended to know if possible it could be an option in case I'm not the only one. If and when you get a launcher going you could do as Darthmod, where you can set the settings to your liking.

I hope you don't see me as ungratefull, cause I'm not and I would never expect you to do anything I say.

Can you disable diplomatic option to buying provinces like in Imperial Destroyer ? Because it's really annoying when Mexico buys US provinces...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...21-Dec-2011%29

Warscape or whatever its called is an awful modding platform but the tidbits I learned are here... follow some of the guides, dont get discouraged with crashes and mod till you cant mod anymore...
    Thank you Can I ask for help whenever I need it?

Edit: Holy crap that's a lot to learn! I will need time for this! Maybe Spring Break which is very soon.....
    Last edited by nordherogaming; March 03, 2015 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitusonator View Post
    Can you disable diplomatic option to buying provinces like in Imperial Destroyer ? Because it's really annoying when Mexico buys US provinces...

Tell us how they did it, and I'd be more than happy to do it.

You should ask Lordsith about that.

Hey guys, whatever you need help with on this mod let me know. I can't do big things like program, nor can I help make a new launcher. I can however, make a mean thread. Also, I don't have anyway to record right now but hope to soon. I can make an installation video. It really is incredibly easy, it takes maybe 10 minutes after having everything downloaded and if I can do it, so can pretty much anyone because I have no technical experience. If you guys need anything let me know.