Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: !!! 3.6 Open Beta - Released !!!

Default Re: !!! 3.6 Open Beta - Released !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterSoup View Post
    I have not yet played the mod (I am very excited to though), but I do have a few questions

Will my PC run it at fully maxed out everything (yes everything, no exception) @1080p?

4790k i7

GTX 980

256GB SSD

8GB RAM

And also I noticed in videos of 3.6 that a lot of units have bayonets on their rifles constantly. Is this temporary? (I thought units of infantry only put bayonets on when charging)

Anyways, looks amazing and I am really hyped for playing it when my PC parts arrive

Your pc will be outdated tomorrow, as everyones will be. As for your question about bayonets troops both CSA(if they had them) and union troops would march with bayonets and rest with their bayonets attached to their weapons and it was more a psychological weapon than practical.

hankthetank's Avatar Foederatus

I need some help! I followed the instructions on the page, loaded everything. I can open the launcher and game just fine, it says I have ZoR and 3.5 beta on loading screen, BUT when I go to a custom game I can see all the units from 3.6.

When I try to start a game, campaign or custom battle I get a crash.

I am guessing that I went wrong somewhere between 3.5 and 3.6.

I started with a fresh reinstall of ETW and ACW.

Thoughts?

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

You probably did. Try another clean reinstall, and really follow the instructions step-by-step. The order of copying files is very important.

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Hi, Love the new version, battle mechanics are perfect as well as campaign A.I., I know there's no way around the random crashes and accept that which is why I save every turn and sometimes have to re play battles, that's all fine though.

The two things I was wondering though was,

1.I know you said that the diplomacy is messed up and no way to stop union or csa from trading their regions to minors, but is there a way to DISABLE the give region option in diplomacy like in esf editor you can enable things with "true" and "false", and I played a mod where they had an option in diplomacy removed or greyed out. This would prevent say Mexican empire getting region in America where the conflict zone is, it just messes up the realism of the mod when this happens and I know ESF is no easy cookie. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ding-territory- did you guys follow up on this?

2.When I play as rebels most of my units are under or around 1000 coin(some as cheap as 400) to build but when I play as union all the unit costs seem normal, and I checked the unit table in pack file manager and the union costs seem right, maybe it's because so the confederates can contend with the union stacks strength wise, but it back fires because you don't get that campaign handicap when you play as union but csa a.i. still does and has union outnumbered playing the union campaign, takes me two years to get up to their strength playing as union.

other than these two things, game is perfect and I know you guys worked day and night on this mod and maybe you guys are already aware of this, just figured I'd bring it up to your attention. I've been editing a few things in pfm like when I play with medium unit sizes the artillery units still keep their number of cannons, but men are reduced making it 3 men per cannon so I increase men size for artillery units and adjust unit caps here and there.

p.s. by the way thanks for fixing Richmond and making it a 5 slot city when playing as union, this wasn't present in earlier versions, and that must have been tough rooting through esf editor to change that. :0

THIS IS MY FAVOURITE MOD ON TWCENTER...KEEP IT UP PAPPAGOAT AND ALL THE TEAM.
    Last edited by warboy; January 04, 2015 at 06:54 PM.
    Host of the Napoleon Total War AMERICAN CIVIL WAR 2.1 MOD Discord Server - https://discord.gg/6JWWBQq "TUNNELSSSS....ARE USELESS, so why bother anyway!" - Captain Henry Wirz

hankthetank's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    You probably did. Try another clean reinstall, and really follow the instructions step-by-step. The order of copying files is very important.
    Okay, so I reinstalled everything again. I now get the proper loading screen and can see more units. I still get a crash when trying to load a battle or campaign, however.

Edit - I am going to try updating all my drivers and see if that makes any difference.

Second Edit - It was my drivers apparently! Thanks for the response anyway. The mod is great! Fort battles are great and I am about to start my first campaign. Thanks for the great material and excellent work. You guys are the best!
    Last edited by hankthetank; January 05, 2015 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by warboy View Post
    Hi, Love the new version, battle mechanics are perfect as well as campaign A.I., I know there's no way around the random crashes and accept that which is why I save every turn and sometimes have to re play battles, that's all fine though.

The two things I was wondering though was,

1.I know you said that the diplomacy is messed up and no way to stop union or csa from trading their regions to minors, but is there a way to DISABLE the give region option in diplomacy like in esf editor you can enable things with "true" and "false", and I played a mod where they had an option in diplomacy removed or greyed out. This would prevent say Mexican empire getting region in America where the conflict zone is, it just messes up the realism of the mod when this happens and I know ESF is no easy cookie. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ding-territory- did you guys follow up on this?

2.When I play as rebels most of my units are under or around 1000 coin(some as cheap as 400) to build but when I play as union all the unit costs seem normal, and I checked the unit table in pack file manager and the union costs seem right, maybe it's because so the confederates can contend with the union stacks strength wise, but it back fires because you don't get that campaign handicap when you play as union but csa a.i. still does and has union outnumbered playing the union campaign, takes me two years to get up to their strength playing as union.

other than these two things, game is perfect and I know you guys worked day and night on this mod and maybe you guys are already aware of this, just figured I'd bring it up to your attention. I've been editing a few things in pfm like when I play with medium unit sizes the artillery units still keep their number of cannons, but men are reduced making it 3 men per cannon so I increase men size for artillery units and adjust unit caps here and there.

p.s. by the way thanks for fixing Richmond and making it a 5 slot city when playing as union, this wasn't present in earlier versions, and that must have been tough rooting through esf editor to change that. :0

THIS IS MY FAVOURITE MOD ON TWCENTER...KEEP IT UP PAPPAGOAT AND ALL THE TEAM.
    Thanks for the constructive feedback and props. I hadnt noticed the recruitment cost issue, perhaps its a startpos difficulty level thing. As for the arty unit crew, I haven't play tested that, to be fair. What crew number per gun do you find works best?

the current unit size you have on ultra size is (24 for 4 gun units, and 36 men for 6 gun batteries) this gets cut in half playing on medium unit sizes (12 and 18) meaning 3 men per gun, and 2 if it's a horse artillery because each cannon has a man that stays on horse back. So I make them 32 for 4 gun batteries and 48 men for 6 gun batteries making it 16 and 24 men on medium unit size, 4 men per gun that way if one or two gets killed the gun is still operational, only needs 2 to fire I think.

There is a way to disable trading regions if you click on that link in my first post, apparently a guy named topcat (T.C.) knows how to do it.

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST, this tw site sucks for writing posts, doesn't save all the time or freezes.
    Last edited by Trig; January 05, 2015 at 06:31 PM.
    Host of the Napoleon Total War AMERICAN CIVIL WAR 2.1 MOD Discord Server - https://discord.gg/6JWWBQq "TUNNELSSSS....ARE USELESS, so why bother anyway!" - Captain Henry Wirz

when you say the picture above do you mean the johnny reb with cutlass, framed with wood. With American Civil War 3.6 underneath. With Empire Total war above stating Warpath camphain? I only show the reb with the sword. Thats it. When I play I have lots of new troops. I just want to make sure I am correct

Quote Originally Posted by dgard20 View Post
    when you say the picture above do you mean the johnny reb with cutlass, framed with wood. With American Civil War 3.6 underneath. With Empire Total war above stating Warpath camphain? I only show the reb with the sword. Thats it. When I play I have lots of new troops. I just want to make sure I am correct
    Should see the pic on page 1 yes. Just the officer without the frame was in older versions.

Did you tick this selection http://i.imgur.com/eFOlwMx.jpg ?

yes

I do not have this pic....
    Last edited by Trig; January 06, 2015 at 10:39 PM.

I dont meant to point out the obvious but do you have Warpath?

yes
    everything is checked as well. Meaning Warpath and ZOR

no idea anyone ?
    Last edited by Trig; January 08, 2015 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dgard20 View Post
    no idea anyone ?
    No idea.
    Try a complete reinstall, following the instructions really really carefully step-by-step. It seems to work for everyone else...

dgard20 I follow these steps and never have a problem. - HAVE UAC(user account control) TURNED OFF ON YOUR PC

1. Have a fresh clean install of empire total war with warpath addon. - verify cache files to be sure and start a empire vanilla campaign to see if the vanilla campaign game will start first then exit game and steam.
    2. Install brothers vs brothers 3.3, and then start-up steam
    3. Start up 3.3 launcher but do not start game and exit launcher choosing vanilla ready then close steam.
    4. Copy the pack files from 3.4, copy to ACW/Packs and overwrite.
    5. Install subs launcher exe.
    6. Install zor 3.5 exe
    7. then copy 3.6 files and copy and overwrite to acw/submods folder with the new 3.6 files.
    8. Start up steam and then start up acw launcher, click warpath, then click zor in submods option of launcher and start campaign of your choice(us or csa)
    Last edited by warboy; January 08, 2015 at 03:32 PM.

I know what your going to say "try loading again" I have done this maybe 6-8 times. Really. But I will try one more time. Thanks Trig and warboy for trying

sometimes it could be an antivirus program interfering with download and install, same thing with UAC turned on.

I don't use any antivirus programs except the program that comes with windows (Microsoft security essentials), and download and install all kinds of mods for all total war games.
    Last edited by Trig; January 08, 2015 at 04:20 PM. Reason: merged doubleposts

Awesome work guys,excellent mod and congratulations on this new beta release.I have one problem though and i hope someone might help me.After closing my pc,the next day i'm clicking on continue campaign and it crashes saying that ''Empire total war stopped working''.the same happens in battles.Any advices???Thanks in advance!!

That happens when you start acw total war before steam. You need to restart your computer, launch steam and then the acw launcher. This should remedy your problem.

Thank you,it works!!!you saved me

Love the new version, apart from the crash that is, i had fun while it lasted, around 15 turns or so