Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: !!! 3.6 Open Beta - Released !!!

Default Re: !!! 3.6 Open Beta - Released !!!

I'm going to try to reinstall to get the music back, if not, I will run the 3.4 music setup to see if it will overwrite the bug or overcome it. I will let ya know if it works so that way other people can use this source and fix to the bug.

msckman101's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by tikijoetots37 View Post
    The A.I seems to be working a lot better, I am enjoying not having to transverse the field killing off the few remaining units hiding behind walls facing the opposite direction. I've had a couple of close calls during battles and am astonished at how the A.I have been holding units back in reserve and plugging them in as needed. The fort battles, like you said, are extremely hard for the attacker. I held off 6,000 men with an garrison of little more than a thousand. It was a slaughter for the A.I. I think they walked away with an 85-90% casualty rate. I don't know if I like this feature yet. It really means that you should lay siege and wait it out as it was historically done most the time. The only problem is that the A.I. refuses to siege anything, instead they always send their men into the meat grinder. I know its not a problem with your mod, this has always been a problem with the total-war series. The new cannon that have been added in the game is freaking beyond cool. I love the mortars. My only problem with them is that they seem way too accurate for the amount of causalities inflicted. The siege mortars take out one fourth of a unit when they hit. Poor buggers. I just feel that it happens way too often. Multiple times, I've seen the mortars lay down accurate fire on one unit and decimate it within 2-3 volleys. The campaign has also been a great improvement. I love that the union fields a huge Navy and blockaids confederate ports. Very historically accurate. Thats something I never saw in 3.5. The new generals are beautiful, and the recruitment of them makes a lot more sense. I'll keep on playing and let you know what other surprises I run into. Just a quick question, what do you all use to record your gameplay. I'd love to make a video/trailer to promote this glorious MOD.

I use Bandicam to record my gameplay. You can either use Windows Live Movie Maker to edit/render (free program), or you can pay a little bit and get Sony Movie Studio which will give you more options.

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by nordherogaming View Post
    I'm going to try to reinstall to get the music back, if not, I will run the 3.4 music setup to see if it will overwrite the bug or overcome it. I will let ya know if it works so that way other people can use this source and fix to the bug.
    Won't help. It's not a bug. Did you read the list in the first post?

14. The ACW music pack and Smoke packs will not work with this version. Will have to be re-incorporated for next release. Do not enable them in the launcher. In campaign only Warband music will play. If you want Civil War tunes while you play, turn the music in game off, launch YouTube before starting the game and put on this playlist.

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Quote Originally Posted by nordherogaming View Post
    I'm going to try to re-install to get the music back, if not, I will run the 3.4 music setup to see if it will overwrite the bug or overcome it. I will let ya know if it works so that way other people can use this source and fix to the bug.
    A re-install will not get the music back. As I said this is an issue due to changes introduced and the odd way ETW sound files work. This issue cannot be sorted out until we use the symphony programme to reconfigure the sounds, but for various reasons we cannot really do this properly until we have a new scripted loader... which never materialized.

I do not understand why at the beginning of all my country campaign revolt?

Quote Originally Posted by hergeneral View Post
    I do not understand why at the beginning of all my country campaign revolt?
    Did you do a clean reinstall of ETW and all the mod and patches? Campaign revolt will happen from a corrupted .txt file, do you have a screenshot of this?

yes I made a reinstallation of ETW maybe I'm wrong install the mod cons I can not capture screenshot because I do not know the insert in the message desolate.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Won't help. It's not a bug. Did you read the list in the first post?

14. The ACW music pack and Smoke packs will not work with this version. Will have to be re-incorporated for next release. Do not enable them in the launcher. In campaign only Warband music will play. If you want Civil War tunes while you play, turn the music in game off, launch YouTube before starting the game and put on this playlist.
    I'm sorry, thanks. I already ran the setup for 3.4 music files. I don't see anything changed, but can this make my game more vulnerable to crashing?

I am still not sure I have it working. I did everything exactly right. When it load I get pic of soldier with sword but as before. It does not say 3.6 anywhere. Is there something I missed

Quote Originally Posted by dgard20 View Post
    I am still not sure I have it working. I did everything exactly right. When it load I get pic of soldier with sword but as before. It does not say 3.6 anywhere. Is there something I missed
    http://i.imgur.com/eFOlwMx.jpg <-- ??

My game keeps crashing so I tried following possible problem fix instructions. I first went to move the non corrupted art file in the ACW folder, but I do not have one, anything I can do?

yes I have that. Still not sure. I watched a video that talks of bridges but I dont see any change. Anything else to look for?

Quote Originally Posted by EliteAmerica View Post
    My game keeps crashing so I tried following possible problem fix instructions. I first went to move the non corrupted art file in the ACW folder, but I do not have one, anything I can do?
    You don't have one what? ACW folder? bg_art.pack file? Just reinstall everything to be sure and follow the install instructions very carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by dgard20 View Post
    yes I have that. Still not sure. I watched a video that talks of bridges but I dont see any change. Anything else to look for?
    Sounds to me like you didn't download/install all the files correctly.
    Read the first post again. Go step-by-step through all the instructions. If it works for everyone else, it should work for you.

Sixt's Avatar Civis

works fine at my end no crash so far, only played custom battles so far, it is really really great, love the high quality units :-)
    Wish someone could do some danish units and prussians from the same timeperiod of the same quqlity :-)

Edit:

Tried some battle on some of your custom maps today, without sucess, everyone crashed :-(
    Last edited by Sixt; December 30, 2014 at 12:32 PM.

I have to say that this new version is a lot of fun! Great job. The only problem I encountered so far is 90% of the time when I'm playing a battle in the campaign, near the middle or the end of the battle it crashes. But, I heard a lot of people are having this glitch so hopefully its not just me?

Devmc99, If your using steam disable steam overlay in steam settings. I did that and it fixed 90% of my problems

Quote Originally Posted by tikijoetots37 View Post
    Devmc99, If your using steam disable steam overlay in steam settings. I did that and it fixed 90% of my problems
    Haha glad to see that worked^^^, also another tip, if you reduce your battle time to 40 minutes, it will also reduce crash rates.

I have not yet played the mod (I am very excited to though), but I do have a few questions

Will my PC run it at fully maxed out everything (yes everything, no exception) @1080p?

4790k i7

GTX 980

256GB SSD

8GB RAM

And also I noticed in videos of 3.6 that a lot of units have bayonets on their rifles constantly. Is this temporary? (I thought units of infantry only put bayonets on when charging)

Anyways, looks amazing and I am really hyped for playing it when my PC parts arrive

Quote Originally Posted by ButterSoup View Post
    I have not yet played the mod (I am very excited to though), but I do have a few questions
    Will my PC run it at fully maxed out everything (yes everything, no exception) @1080p?
    4790k i7
    GTX 980
    256GB SSD
    8GB RAM

And also I noticed in videos of 3.6 that a lot of units have bayonets on their rifles constantly. Is this temporary? (I thought units of infantry only put bayonets on when charging)
    Anyways, looks amazing and I am really hyped for playing it when my PC parts arrive
    Are you trolling? Or just bragging about your arriving PC parts?
    Cause, please tell me, how in the world could we possibly know if things will run "maxed out everything (yes everything, no exception)" on some specific configuration? Are we performance testers perhaps?

Last edited by Trig; January 02, 2015 at 12:12 PM. Reason: smileyfacedude so someone doesnt' get offended

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Are you trolling? Or just bragging about your arriving PC parts?
    Cause, please tell me, how in the world could we possibly know if things will run "maxed out everything (yes everything, no exception)" on some specific configuration? Are we performance testers perhaps?

I could see a bit of bragging involved but he is just asking if it would run, he doesn't mean to offend you in anyway. But anyways I think it would run fantastically as long as you have a good CPU for your GPU. Also, don't forget to do this: http://i.imgur.com/mN3FCmv.jpg It is reported that if you turn Steam Overlay off in Steam/Library/Right click ETW/Properties, it helps also. This is all supposed to help reduce crash rates that this mod is having trouble with. Thanks, I hope this helped, enjoy the mod, and have a nice 2015.
    Last edited by nordherogaming; January 02, 2015 at 10:24 AM.