Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: !!! 3.6 Open Beta - Released !!!

Default Re: !!! 3.6 Open Beta - Released !!!

Downloaded from the above installer, that's how the game loaded onto my computer. Will take a closer look at this 7z decompressor.

Question: Should there be a message of some type that will indicate decompression is working?

Whoops! that post did not come out so good and I don't see how to edit here to make it right? or delete it altogether .... Again there are several downloads to pick from at the 7z web site, I'm not sure which would be right to decompress 3.6 with my 64 x 64 machine? (guess copy and paste does not work too good here)

How is this mod coming along? I just watched Gettysburg from 1993 and got this Huge itch to play AcW again, but as far as i understand it by reading on the first page the 15-30 turn crash due to starting positions is still alive and kickin ?

It needs to be put down!
    Last edited by Fedual; October 05, 2015 at 10:24 AM.

Moderators,

Can you please delete my #202 post, it's a complete fowl up?

Thanks

Ive a problem with the sound. Everything else is fine but when in battle no sound plays... at all. No idea why and couldn't find a solution

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Get 7z decompressor or use the all-in-one autoinstaller I suggested in the link above.
    Sorry, I am not able to get the mod to decompress even with using the autoinstaller from my pc download list. All I get when double clicking (3.6 at my pc download list) or what ever is a white screen with green compression image in the middle (nothing happens, no commands, no questions, nothing). I even went and downloaded a 7z from it's web site, tried to copy-paste the 3.6 down load into the new 7z extractor, but the paste will not insert into the file line of the opener, nor when hitting the selector (for opening files) of 7z will a 3.6 selection appear on the pc download list. I'm frustrated, Need help!

3.6.2 coming out soon. It's actually been ready for months!!! I've just been in location with limited time or connectivity.

Foederatus

Could you give us a brief summary of the changes/enhancements that will be included in 3.6.2? Any progress on reducing the likelihood of campaign crashes?

Change log:

Default campaign startpos changed to a older, more stable version to reduce campaign crashes. (Something people could manually do themselves with the previous release anyway).

Projectile stats refined: damage and explosive values, aesthetics of projectile movement and fuse types.
    Smoothbore weapons modelled to fire 'buck and ball' so while inaccurate at long range are more lethal at shorter ranges.
    Similarly repeating rifles and sharpshooters become increasingly lethal at shorter ranges than before to represent an increased rate of fire as the target closes range.

ALL guns and firearms now fire accurately shaped and scaled projectiles to the weapon caliber, shot or bolt shapes. (Pause gameplay and have a look)

All artillery models reworked:
    - Gun carriages adjusted to improve carriage-barrel alignment. No. 1, 2 and 3 gun carriages represented.
    - All gun barrels accurately reworked and rescaled to correct shape, length and bore... That's right, all artillery models now have a properly scaled caliber.
    - new guns introduced: Model 1841 12lb gun, separate Confederate Napoleon model, new Confederate iron Napoleon (late war), union James Rifle (early war), 6lb horse artillery back.

- new mortar models.
    - smoothbore grape shot not in field use during ACW, replaced with a short range double canister.
    - Accurate gun models in forts.

Gun limber now period correct with brass lid.
    All guns use a more accurate 6 horse team.
    Gun movement speeds revised for mounted (horse drawn) and horse artillery. Mounted artillery can keep up with infantry movement speeds, or run on the battle map slightly faster to represent how crew would ride on the limber to travel around battlefields faster when needing to deploy quicker. Horse artillery retains fast walking pace as all crew would of been mounted on their own horses separate of the gun (not modable unfortunately).

Minor faction artillery revised, now have heavy 12lb gun.

Some unit models fixed to resolve lod anomalies.

Old style Union shell jackets given proper high collar (piped jackets on the Union cav and artillery).

New models for NY and OH vols have state jacket with light blue trim on collar and epaulettes.

Maps: some reworked textures and grass of ACW maps.
    All ACW Maps all available for 1x1 player quick battles.

FUTURE RELEASE:
    ACW Map Pack
    ACW Mexican - American War sub-mod
    Last edited by pappagoat; November 13, 2015 at 10:03 AM.

WOW!!! Super Great!

Can you add in your next release.. Maybe If you please... for the Spanish faction, playable. Todo the Ten Year's War

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Years%27_War

http://www.fggam.org/2015/07/the-ame...-rough-riders/

and South American factions, revolutions and their own civil wars!!! )

Foederatus

Thanks a bunch, pappagoat. Impressive attention to detail, as usual. Kudos to you and the rest of the team, and thanks for the great work you all do.

fire1664man's Avatar Laetus

Icon14 Re: !!! 3.6 Open Beta - Released !!!

Quote Originally Posted by pappagoat View Post
    3.6.2 coming out soon. It's actually been ready for months!!! I've just been in location with limited time or connectivity.

3.6.2.... Sounds Good! Can't wait to try it!

fire1664man's Avatar Laetus

Looking forward to that ACW MapPack as well!!!!

3.6 is Awesome! Thank you Guys for your work and passsion. I love it. Did you stop working on your acw mod? i hope not! its just to awesome and i hate that im to stupid in modding to help you. all i could do is the history part.
    3,6 is much more stable. Also with High Graphik Details at long Battles no crashes after i fixed it with some of the solutions (fog mod, steam overlay, windows system settings´for ram).

I cant stop playing it! Its so much Fun.

Still Open are the following problems at my pc:
    Siege Battles (where i got besieged) with a fort in the battle are Crashing after Victory, when i want to go back, too. I didnt found any Solution in Forums till yet. when i just quit the battle (and so loose) its going back without crashing.
    it happend in richmond and washington.
    No recrutement in richmond after upgrading to the "summerset" house. Fixed it by breaking it down
    And i had at maybe Round 10 Problems with one of the Factions in South America after there the Revolutions Succeded when i wanted to end the turn.
    I fixed that by Cheating my Armys to walk endless, burned them down and went back so they have a Rebellion against me^^

Is there any chance that this mod will be sold in a CD? I sure would buy it. Plain and simple: I've hit a wall trying to download from here, I'm not computer savvy....

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by operating View Post
    Is there any chance that this mod will be sold in a CD? I sure would buy it. Plain and simple: I've hit a wall trying to download from here, I'm not computer savvy....
    Try here, (click "Read more" and read the instructions): http://www.moddb.com/mods/american-c...full-installer

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011