Thread: Unspecified error while loading a battle

Default Unspecified error while loading a battle

Hi everyone !

After seeing the Steam sales, I've decided to re-take M2TW:Kingdoms, with the will to try some mods !
    I downloaded the Rule Britannia 1.7 version, and used the "Guan Ziyang's Universal Mod Launcher" that I found on this forum to make it work. It was perfect when, after one hour of playing the Scots, the game crashed with the "unspecified error" message. The crash happens during the loading of a siege battle. And now everytime I want to start a real-time battle, the game crashes.

I've tried many many tricks found on this forum, like the UAC or the geography files, but still I can't play. The game runs on Windows 8, steam version.
    Did I do something wrong during this install ? May be I should use another launcher ?

Is someone has an idea, I'll be so gratefull, I love this game so much

Merry Christmas to everyone, and thanks in advance for your help !

Default Re: Unspecified error while loading a battle

Allright I tried this fix here, one I didn't see yesterday...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...battle-map-CTD

Seems to work now, hope this will help others playing this great mod !!

Glad to hear that you got it working fine. Always remember to check to see if there are patches or fixes for mods when you install them too

Hope you enjoy playing the mod!

Hi Kaiser Leonidas, thanks for your answer !
    I'm a bit ashamed for creating this topic, I spent 2 hours looking for solution on the forum, and as soon as I wrote a special thread I found a solution

I really enjoy playing this mod, it's far more fun to play your version instead of the Kingdoms one ! I just kicked Norway out of Scotland, killing the norse king in a huge battle involving 2000+ soldiers

I have a question though, it is normal that William Wallace appears in 1265 AD, as nor the Barons Alliance nor England tried to invade me yet ? Is it scripted or a random event ?
    Thanks !

And as William Wallace isn't born yet ? ^^

I'm not sure whether it's a scripted event or not, but I remember getting him when I was at peace. But then because he is a pretty great general I decided to launch an invasion of Ireland.

The mod isn't really designed to be entirely historically accurate at all by the way so don't worry too much about events and such that are slightly out of time or never even happened. By the way, just thought I should point out this isn't my mod or anything, here are the people who made it.

Ooops my bad sorry ^^

I don't complain, seeing him appears with its elite units was a great moment !