Thread: whoever helps me find a way to play as USA in campaign gets a glorious cookie

Default whoever helps me find a way to play as USA in campaign gets a glorious cookie

also my troops speak spanish when playing as britain XD

Default Re: whoever helps me find a way to play as USA in campaign gets a glorious cookie

If you know how to DB edit, getting the US in the campaign isn't difficult (just give an existing faction their text/flags/units). But I'm afraid the time expense is worth more than a cookie... perhaps two cookies would be a more appropriate incentive?

duerker von eden's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: whoever helps me find a way to play as USA in campaign gets a glorious cookie

IS THIS ENOUGH *Fires a big bertha launching 100 GLORIOUS cookies*
    "No matter how fast you run the past will always find a short cut"

Deurker 2014

My liege,

I'm afraid the Shnukshnuk one has a point. The British do in fact have Spanish voice files for some reason. Also, the British fleets talk as if they are men of God and not men of the sea.

Your servant,
    AllCanadianReject

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

I read another mod fixed the voices issue by recompiling the sound files, or something like that. Its definitely high on my list of things to fix.

CraigUK87's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianReject View Post
    My liege,

The British do in fact have Spanish voice files for some reason. Also, the British fleets talk as if they are men of God and not men of the sea.

Your servant,
    AllCanadianReject

I second this lol, i thought it was pretty funny ahaa, "men...we have spanish spies in our ranks" do you know which mod it was that fixes the voices, and is GWM still being supported?

Patrician

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ces-from-units

Heres the thread i found, it was Masters of Europe mod that figured out how to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    This is fixed in Masters of Europe. In battle, every unit has the proper voice, including troops recruited locally speak in their native language (ex: King's German Legion in the British army speak German, Polish troops recruited by France in Poland would speak Polish).
    Already explained. Any change in the unit table and the sounds are messed up unless you recompile them.

In every previous patch, CA included recompiled sounds. They forgot to do it for patch 6.

Beside, even if CA corrects it, it will still not work with mods, you need to recompile with Symphony.
    We can edit the sounds. I did that for Masters of Europe. The real problem is it's very touchy, and every time you add or edit a mod that changes the units (add, remove or change the order in the list of units), you'd have to "compile" the sounds.
    And mod makers can only work on their own mod, supposing it is used completely alone.
    If you want to mix several mods, the mod makers cannot know what combination you want to make, and so they cannot provide the correct sound settings. You'd have to make your own.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Believe it or not the units table and sounds are recompiled (hence why units have correctish voices in custom battles) so that isn't the issue. There is something else going on.
    Last edited by The Hedge Knight; January 19, 2015 at 04:51 AM.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

It maybe the issue if the guy installed another mod that screws the recompilation work done with this mod.

Patrician

I have the voices issue too and i dont use any other mods.

duerker von eden's Avatar Tiro

I think it was zaros or zoras sound mod that fixes that but not 100% sure.
    "No matter how fast you run the past will always find a short cut"

Deurker 2014

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by duerker von eden View Post
    I think it was zaros or zoras sound mod that fixes that but not 100% sure.
    Yeah im going to try out the sound mod this weekend, i think he did manage to fix the sound issues.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

He did, he also joined our team after I invited him, all be it he admitted he was no longer going to develop anything, and he also gave us permission to use the contents of his mod too if we wished.

Quote Originally Posted by B-DizL View Post
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ces-from-units

Heres the thread i found, it was Masters of Europe mod that figured out how to fix it.
    Wait, wait, wait, wait! Individual units can speak their own language?! That's awesome, but should these regiments actually respond to the General in Polish while serving France?