Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Version 1.6 Beta Test Bug Reports

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Version 1.6 Beta Test Bug Reports

Also, is gigantus already informed/invited?
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Semisalis

think everything here is a good idea if Cow Team and people who are able to solve bugs read everything and follow it. If they cant ...yes why not for 1 topic / beta tester officially declared instead of 1 /bug-ctd ??

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Also, is gigantus already informed/invited?
    I believe he knows about it, but I am unsure if he wants to participate in the beta.

Captain Melon's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    Yes, just delete the folders LordNecromancer mentions in the instructions, and re-install 1.6, seems to fix it.
    I deleted maps and settlements folders and still same thing happens...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Citizen

If you have Windows 7 or 8, go to your VirtualStore folder and delete everything Medieval II related. There might be some files messing up your mod, particularly the "data\world\maps" folder.

The folder can be found here: C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    If you have Windows 7 or 8, go to your VirtualStore folder and delete everything Medieval II related. There might be some files messing up your mod, particularly the "data\world\maps" folder.

The folder can be found here: C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore
    My virtualstore folder has only 1 unrelated folder and is practically empty

Citizen

Have you tried deleting the map.rwm in the "data/world/base" folder?

Delete that and then run the game. See if that works.

Have you tried deleting the map.rwm in the "data/world/base" folder?

Delete that and then run the game. See if that works.
    Ok it seems deleted the map.rwm file fixed the issue where it couldn't load campaign map. But now there is an issue where after the campaign map loads and I close the starting popups, the mouse turns into the loading hourglass indefinitely. So it is impossible to click anything. This happens for all factions as well.

I can play custom battles with few (and unrepeatable crashes) for now but the campaign is plagued with seemingly random crashes. I can start a campaign as the Dwarves just fine and even sometimes play a few turns however it seems every time any of my settlements is due to be attacked the game crashes. I can build, recruit and even conquer other towns. So far the repeatability of the bug is rather hard because I have to wait to be attacked, and sometimes the settlement is attacked is out of sight (not in the current screen) and/or happens in the middle of another faction turn.

The log sometimes get up to 180Mb.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Citizen

Those are the scripts loading up.

Wait until you see a "Defeat Imminent!" event from Kislev pop-up. That's when you can continue the game. Also, try to not click on anything until the pop-up shows up.

For me, it only takes about a minute or so for the pop-up to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    I can play custom battles with few (and unrepeatable crashes) for now but the campaign is plagued with seemingly random crashes. I can start a campaign as the Dwarves just fine and even sometimes play a few turns however it seems every time any of my settlements is due to be attacked the game crashes. I can build, recruit and even conquer other towns. So far the repeatability of the bug is rather hard because I have to wait to be attacked, and sometimes the settlement is attacked is out of sight (not in the current screen) and/or happens in the middle of another faction turn.

The log sometimes get up to 180Mb.
    Keep a few logs after each of the crashes. Every time your game crashes, name the log something like "Settlement_Attacked_1.txt" and after you get several of them, zip the folder and upload it so that the mod team can take a look at it.

Also, check the box that allows you to Follow CPU movements. That will track the AI whenever they enter your territory.
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; December 28, 2014 at 03:59 PM.

Thanks I'll do that.

i have downloaded the original version

and did the instillation as instructed
    yet i cant start a campaign
    every time i chose a faction it throws me to main menu
    and i did delete and replace the 2 forlders

whats the problem ?

Citizen

Go delete your "map.rwm" file in your "data/maps/base" folder

Update about the instalation of the BETA:

Well, so i have decided to give it another go and did a fresh clean reinstall of the mod from ground up. Also, I tried to start the mod after every step of the installation, to see if it works.

Now I am definitely sure none of my files are faulty, the mod started fine after i installed 1.5, 1.5.1 and all the fixes, I checked every time I put something new there of moved any of the files.

Yet every time I install 1.6 and try to run the game, my computer gradually slows down to a crawl and the game doesnt start. According to task manager, the Kingdoms.exe file is running at some 90k Kbs, but it never goes higher. AFAIK, the way you start the mod didnt change between 1.5.1 and 1.6 so I am completely in the dark about what might be the issue. Anyone encountered anything similar?

(and yes, my Virtual Store is empty)

Citizen

Have you tried installing the beta over Gigantus' version?

Try seeing if that would work.

And you are right, there is no difference in starting this mod compared to 1.51.

Citizen

Hello fellow Beta-Testers,

I have some interesting news:

Firstly, most names are now translated. I cleaned out the file and apparently, there were duplicate names that NEEDED to be there, haha

Secondly, I found something really interesting while cleaning up the names folder. I found that when using the English names, trying to start the campaign would throw the user back to the main menu, yet using Russian names, the campaign worked fine. I thought that it was just an error with my name translation, and I was only half right.

I found out that in the descr_strat.txt there were characters using the same name! That's a big no-no in scripting, and it's possibly (not guaranteed) why there are random crashes (a character with a duplicate name ID gets a trait, dies, etc.). So, in addition to providing English names, I also fixed that bug.

The duplicate characters were located in the Night Goblin, Chaos Dwarves, and Rebel factions.

Anyone having this issue with the mouse cursor on the campaign map being indefinitely the loading hourglass? Makes everything un-clickable.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Melon View Post
    Anyone having this issue with the mouse cursor on the campaign map being indefinitely the loading hourglass? Makes everything un-clickable.
    If it's at the beginning of the first turn, it may last a long time before you can play, that's normal.

Semisalis

Yeah but it's odd that it could take only 1 minute for Pilgrim and around 10 for me for example...seems to be the same problem for Captain Melon.

I was wondering if someone who got a working version , a good internet connexion and so..could upload it already installed , just zipped ? maybe it could solve problem for those who tried everything with the mod...
    Last edited by Tyraels; December 29, 2014 at 05:03 AM.

Ok, the "random" crashes continue. Now following AI movements and all. I'm starting to suspect is fault of the AI attacking other people settlements which I cannot see. I'll have to use the console to remove the fog of war, but then I would be reporting other factions bugs and not Dwarven ones.

EDIT: I did that and found out a crash caused on Ostland turn, when trying to attack/move near a beastmen army.
    A picture on the spoiler:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

As for the log, it finish with this:
    Code:
    08:16:25.834 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0403> fired
    08:16:33.654 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_BATTLE_ENGAGEMENT from transgressor faction 1514245C against faction 151429C8
    08:16:33.674 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/globallighting/afternoon_blizzard.lighting
    08:16:33.674 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/globallighting/afternoon_blizzard.lighting,,not found
    08:16:33.675 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/globallighting/afternoon_blizzard.lighting,,not found
    08:16:33.675 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/globallighting/afternoon_blizzard.lighting,191
    08:16:33.675 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/globallighting/afternoon_blizzard.lighting (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    08:16:33.675 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_morning_storm_snow.texture
    08:16:33.675 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_morning_storm_snow.texture
    08:16:33.675 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/globallighting/afternoon_blizzard.lighting,,,-191
    08:16:33.676 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/globallighting/afternoon_blizzard.lighting
    08:16:33.676 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/globallighting/afternoon_blizzard.lighting,,not found
    08:16:33.676 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/globallighting/afternoon_blizzard.lighting,,not found
    08:16:33.676 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/globallighting/afternoon_blizzard.lighting,191
    08:16:33.676 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/globallighting/afternoon_blizzard.lighting (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    08:16:33.676 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_morning_storm_snow.texture
    08:16:33.676 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_morning_storm_snow.texture
    08:16:33.676 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/globallighting/afternoon_blizzard.lighting,,,-191
    08:16:33.676 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/globallighting/afternoon_blizzard.lighting
    08:16:33.677 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/globallighting/afternoon_blizzard.lighting,,not found
    08:16:33.677 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/globallighting/afternoon_blizzard.lighting,,not found
    08:16:33.677 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/globallighting/afternoon_blizzard.lighting,191
    08:16:33.677 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/globallighting/afternoon_blizzard.lighting (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    08:16:33.677 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_morning_storm_snow.texture
    08:16:33.677 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_morning_storm_snow.texture
    08:16:33.677 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/globallighting/afternoon_blizzard.lighting,,,-191
    08:16:33.678 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_UNDECLARED_ATTACK from transgressor faction 1514245C against faction 151429C8
    08:16:33.692 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

The bold line has caught my attention because it has been appearing in every crash of this nature so far on the campaign.

SECOND EDIT: Now on Norland turn, clearly attacking a Beastmen army. I think I'm onto something with them.
    A picture on the spoiler:

As for the log, again it finish with this:
    Code:
    09:36:13.460 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0404> fired
    09:36:18.770 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_BATTLE_ENGAGEMENT from transgressor faction 1506AF0E against faction 150429C8
    09:36:18.773 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/globallighting/sunrise_cloudy_winter.lighting
    09:36:18.773 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/globallighting/sunrise_cloudy_winter.lighting,,not found
    09:36:18.773 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/globallighting/sunrise_cloudy_winter.lighting,,not found
    09:36:18.773 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/globallighting/sunrise_cloudy_winter.lighting,194
    09:36:18.773 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/globallighting/sunrise_cloudy_winter.lighting (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    09:36:18.774 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_sunrise_cloudy_winter.texture
    09:36:18.774 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_sunrise_cloudy_winter.texture
    09:36:18.774 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/globallighting/sunrise_cloudy_winter.lighting,,,-194
    09:36:18.775 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_UNDECLARED_ATTACK from transgressor faction 1506AF0E against faction 150429C8
    09:36:18.922 [system.io] [trace] file open,,2E379580,4510507
    09:36:18.922 [system.io] [info] open:   found temp/campaign_battle.rpy (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    09:36:18.923 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

See that the error in both logs are aginst faction "150429C8" which now I'm almost sure is beastman. Also of notice, I'm playing with size of units set as "huge". Why I'm mentioning this? Bear with me, is a little long history. Yesterday my AMD driver updated and installed something that fine-tuned games automatically, I tried it and fine-tuned Medieval 2 and it made the units small (most of them with only 50 soldiers). I started a campaign like that and what do you know? The crashes were few (if none). I'm going to try to play with small units again.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; December 29, 2014 at 09:00 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast