Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Version 1.6 Beta Test Bug Reports

Default Re: Version 1.6 Beta Test Bug Reports

Ok guys, it is time to admit it... I CANNOT INSTALL THE BETA Trust me i feel like a complete dumbass, because, the step by step manual is kinda easy to follow, no rocket science.

There were several problems i encountered along the way which i solved (at least somewhat), but The Chaos Gods still prevent me from succesfully running the game.

Problem 1: The folder. For some reason my Medieval 2 - Kingdoms game was installed in Program files/SEGA/Medieval 2 Total war/... whereas the mod itself expected the path Program files/Medieval 2 Total War - Kingdoms/... Ok, that one was easy. At first i simply copied it into the game folder. But then the *.bat file went haywire, it opened a black cmd window which said the expected files arent where... expected because it contained paths to a different folder. So i rewrote it at first. Didnt help. Ok, so i reinstalled my Med 2 and Kingdoms into the folder the mod expects (i created Medieval II Total War - Kingdoms folder and put the Med 2 and Kingdoms into it). Then i copied the mod folder there. The error messages didnt show up... but the cmd window was still completely black. WHAT THE HELL?!

Problem 2: Ok, black cmd screen. Oh well so maybe, JUST MAYBE i screwed up somewhere when i was installing the mod itself. So i uninstalled, deleted and cleared registry for good measure. Then i really carefully followed the step by step guide of installing the mod and beta.

-I downloaded the clean fresh 1.5 installation from the ling in the beta thread.

-installed 1.5

-patched to 1.5.1

-applied hotfix

-applied the english fix-menu

-applied the english voices pack

- deleted the "maps" folder

- deleted the "settlements" folder

- installed the 1.6 beta

- launched the game via shortcut on the desktop and/or the .bat file in the folder.

Zilch! The game doesn't run at all, only the black cmd screen. I tested it and my kingdoms and medieval 2 run allright. So, guys, what did i do wrong?

(also, every time i launch the game, my computer gradually freezes to the point it needs a hard-reset, no matter how long i keep it running)

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Do you have the steam version of Medieval II?

If you do, you will need to go into your main Medieval II folder, find "medieval.exe", copy it, and rename it to "kingdoms.exe".

If you have Windows 7, you will need to go delete your VirtualStore folder, as well. That can be found here: C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraels View Post
    crash again with new skaven campaign..turn 1 ...

Guess i will abandon beta test since i'm apparently the only one who crashes...and since i've installed well the mod and no problem with an other one i really dont understand.
    Do you have Windows 7? If so, do what I told Isdanil to do above. There might be some contradicting files spoiling your game experience.
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; December 27, 2014 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post

If you do, you will need to go into your main Medieval II folder, find "medieval.exe", copy it, and rename it to "kingdoms.exe".

If you have Windows 7, you will need to go delete your VirtualStore folder, as well. That can be found here: C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore

Do you have Windows 7? If so, do what I told Isdanil to do above. There might be some contradicting files spoiling your game experience.
    Alas, i have Win 7, but no medieval folder in AppData, nor a VirtualStore one. Back to start i guess...

EDIT: Found it, but its still empty.
    Last edited by Isdanil; December 27, 2014 at 07:10 AM.

Semisalis

Thanks ,b ut sadly my virtualstore folder is absolutely empty of everything !

For the crashes its very strange..Almost all my ctd are talking a bout missing files in globallighting folder, then a data.transgression between two factions then that itfound temp/campaign_battle.rpy
    9 times on 10 its the same error type . And the oddest..is that 3 years ago i already had the same crashes with same errors (with this mod) with origin Med2. Now same thing with steam version.
    Last edited by Tyraels; December 27, 2014 at 07:24 AM.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraels View Post
    Thanks ,b ut sadly my virtualstore folder is absolutely empty of everything !

For the crashes its very strange..Almost all my ctd are talking a bout missing files in globallighting folder, then a data.transgression between two factions then that itfound temp/campaign_battle.rpy
    9 times on 10 its the same error type . And the oddest..is that 3 years ago i already had the same crashes with same errors (with this mod) with origin Med2. Now same thing with steam version.
    I had that error once with my Reikland campaign, but upon trying to reproduce it, it never happened again.

Auphilia recommended that I delete my "rebel_faction_descr.txt.strings.bin" file (it's in the text folder), so I did, and I haven't had campaign related crashes since (I haven't been testing the battles yet, but I saved all of the battles that I entered for heavy testing later).

I don't promise that it will work, but try doing that and see what happens.

Semisalis

.bin are supposed to be delete each time i start the game (its in the shortcut command lines), so i dont think it will change anything :/

Citizen

Yeah, I know. It's just optimism

I don't know why I haven't been getting the crashes that you're getting, though. I'll keep trying new campaigns and see what I get.

Semisalis

I tried again Ostland and Skavens, get crashes while ticikng of the clock after starting..Same errors in logs ( about globallighting + data transgression).
    UAC desactivated, high end computeur, no problem with any other mods (dozen installed). COW never liked me and i think i will never understand.

Citizen

I'll be testing this mod on a Windows 8 computer with Steam soon. Right now, I'm testing on Windows 7 using the disc version of the game.

Do you get the "Defeat is Imminent ~ Kislev" message before ending your first turn? Usually, that means the scripts are done running.

Or does the mod crash before ending your first turn?

Semisalis

yep got it sometimes with some factions..And for other ones..its at the end of turn 1 (while rebels move) or its often while we are waiting for the clock to be done after the 3 starting pop ups.
    Some of those CTDS are repeatable (like the ones for Skavens and Ostland at the beginning of the game with the clock) , sometimes its completely random (like for Reikland ..sometimes turn 4 somtimes turn 13)

Citizen

If you can, could you keep a folder with all of the error logs when the game crashes like that?

A collection of those errors, even if they are similar, would be helpful.

I'll keep testing, trying to recreate your crashes. Are there any factions that seem to be more stable for you?

Semisalis

my dropbox is ok, ive got 5 logs in. And for the moment the most "stable" (only 4 crashes in 15 turns) is Reikland, will test others.

edit : new test with Sylvania and Chaos dwarves ; same than Skavens and Ostland : crash during clock ticking after pop ups so i couldnt even start playing with them
    Last edited by Tyraels; December 27, 2014 at 11:42 AM.

At turn 11 when the border prince attacked me in a castle, the games freeze during the battle.
    First time it was during the battle so I tried to make the battle again to understand when it happens exactly, and now it's during the deployment...

and same strange thing than before with my giants in another battle: they're 14 in the units before the battle, and when the deployment begins they're 6...

Again crash during the battle:
    at turn 14
    border princes attack me in a castle
    during the deployment : 'Sigma preserve us...'

and again the same at turn 15
    because of the russian I don't know the name of this castle but at the beginning it was the castle I had the most in the south-west

Otherwise by resolving this battles automatically I can continue the game, and I had no other crash at all ! (turn 16 now)

Citizen

Do you have a save so that I can test the battle?

Do you have a save so that I can test the battle?
    I sent you pm.

Now I got the same problem when I attacked the dwarves, with the crash during the deployment (so I don't think it's about this castle specificly)
    After a first crash, I tried to skip the deployment, and I could do the battle until the end.
    After this, I did again the battle with the border princes who attacked me, and this time I could do the deployment but it crashed again during the battle.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

I believe, for the pure sake of organization that each bug that we are willing to report would need a thread with a tittle that starts like "1.6 Beta test bug report" or something like that. What would be even better if a new subforum is made.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Citizen

Yes, unfortunately, I do not have the ability to create sub-forums. I can, however, keep a list of all bug report threads in the first post.

However, I also do not want this Bug Report sub-forum filled to the brim with error reports for a version that isn't even out yet.

What do other beta-testers think? Keep bugs in this thread, or make separate threads for different bugs?

Or, possibly, report low severity bugs here (since there will most likely be many more of them) and high priority ones in their own threads?

It's not a bug, but maybe an error: to change a bit a played with Nurgle, and saw that the Chaos Dwarf Mines gives only 90 gold a turn and cost 6000 gold ? (and when I look in the settlement details it gives only 68 gold ?? )

Otherwise I played now 6 turns without any crash with Nurgle. And with Night Goblins I played 20 turns and just this crash during some battles (last 4 turns I didn't get this crash anymore)

Yes, unfortunately, I do not have the ability to create sub-forums. I can, however, keep a list of all bug report threads in the first post.

However, I also do not want this Bug Report sub-forum filled to the brim with error reports for a version that isn't even out yet.

What do other beta-testers think? Keep bugs in this thread, or make separate threads for different bugs?

Or, possibly, report low severity bugs here (since there will most likely be many more of them) and high priority ones in their own threads?
    I think to report low severity bugs here and high priority ones in their own threads is a good idea !

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast