Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Version 1.6 Beta Test Bug Reports

Default Re: Version 1.6 Beta Test Bug Reports

SOMEBADY HELP!

15:36:22.585 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/RodG16/data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/force_freeze.tga
    15:36:22.585 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/force_freeze.tga.dds
    15:36:22.585 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/force_freeze.tga
    15:36:22.586 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/RodG16/data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/force_freeze.tga.dds
    15:36:22.586 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/RodG16/data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/force_freeze.tga
    15:36:22.586 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/RodG16/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/force_freeze.tga
    15:36:22.586 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/force_freeze.tga.dds
    15:36:22.586 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/force_freeze.tga
    15:36:22.586 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/RodG16/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/force_freeze.tga.dds
    15:36:22.586 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/RodG16/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/force_freeze.tga
    15:36:22.587 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/RodG16/data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/historic_event.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    15:36:22.587 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/RodG16/data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/historic_event.tga.dds
    15:36:22.587 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/RodG16/data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/historic_event.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    15:36:22.617 [bink] [debug] [mods/RodG16/data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    15:36:22.617 [bink] [debug] [mods/RodG16/data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    15:36:23.010 [system.rpt] [error] Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaaihan View Post
    Lastly, in my first play, when the storm of chaos message comes out, it said it was going after Karaz-a-Karak, I wasn't too concern as its not Middenheim, soon the random horde spawns onto the empire, if I don't defend the target, does the game just end? I clicked next turn, it show the battle target somewhere in the dwarf area, and showed Prince Wolfgang was to engage, except wolfgang was no where near KAK and then no matter what selection, manual or auto resolve battle, the icon just spins and wont move.
    I have replayed the campaign multiple times now into the storm of chaos, and have found that when the horde comes down, when it is attacking multiple settlements, it somehow cannot locate the proper battlefield and causes the infinite hourglass. The solution I have found is if your city is under seige, you need to have your army in the city strike back, this way, the AI can geocode as the overworld map will now see your army standing in the city. This then lead to the discovery of another bug, the town garrison I had was tiny, so instead of fighting, I bolted. The fight that I initiated was declared draw due to time out, with my army icon standing over the town and the horde around laying siege still. Then I hit end turn, when it got the CU's turn, the process found the proper location and we were able to get into battle again without infinite hourglass. I pull the same thing, ran out of town and hid into the forest waiting for time out. End of time, Close Victory, all armies(3 chaos 20stacks vs my little 6 stack), all 0 lives lost, got back to main screen, miracle, all 3 chaos stacks falls and dies! Subsequently, using the above tricks, I was able to progress into further turns without freeze/crash, it seems that all the AI spawn, since they are not tie to any home city, if the result is not draw or victory, the gods of chaos will punish them. I have since tested this theory to other events, namely a waaaaggh. The same is happening there, AI spawn orc stack, attacks city, my army run away from city, leave them poison cookies, horde takes city, times out, return to main screen, Orc stack dies to eating poison cookies.

Icon12 Re: Version 1.6 Beta Test Bug Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom1212 View Post
    SOMEBADY HELP!

15:36:22.585 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/RodG16/data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/force_freeze.tga
    15:36:22.585 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/force_freeze.tga.dds
    15:36:22.585 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/force_freeze.tga
    15:36:22.586 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/RodG16/data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/force_freeze.tga.dds
    15:36:22.586 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/RodG16/data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/force_freeze.tga
    15:36:22.586 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/force_freeze.tga.dds
    15:36:22.586 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/force_freeze.tga
    15:36:22.586 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/RodG16/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/force_freeze.tga.dds
    15:36:22.587 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/RodG16/data/ui/middle_eastern/eventpics/historic_event.tga.dds
    15:36:23.010 [system.rpt] [error] Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over!
    So could someone send the missing data, thanks

Can't tell if it's a bug or a feature. Sometimes you get special units given to you by the Grand Theogonist, and they come with a general plus one or more non-general units. So far, so good. But I noticed the general has zero command points. He can have/earn +command perks and items, but he will still always have 0 command total making him quite useless as an army leader. I wonder if that's intended?

Edit: Apparently it's a feature. The script deliberately spawns some (but not all) of these special generals with a -10 Command malus.
    Last edited by Wartoga; March 14, 2016 at 07:59 PM.

In Gigantus's English version, diplomatic screen quotes are messed up. Instead of displaying flavor text, variable names for the AI's stance will be displayed. E.g. "{DDS_WELCOME_ALLY}" will be displayed instead of "Welcome Ally".

where can I find my crash logs?
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

Quote Originally Posted by Moorish guy View Post
    where can I find my crash logs?
    The log is located in "Medieval 2 Total War\logs" folder; It will be created after crashes.

There appears to be a bug with retraining of units. In my game I'm always offered an option (at significant cost) to retrain my troops, even the ones at full strength just produced in the same town with full upgrades. The game seems to think that retraining would give units more chevrons, but it doesn't. It just wastes money.

Once I obtained a Sergeant' Guild, I was able to train some troops with extra chevrons. Retraining low XP units with lower chevrons would then actually give them the chevrons up to the SG level. However, I was still getting an option to upgrade those chevroned units again with no actual benefit. Then my SGs became broken for unknown reason. New or retrained troops stopped receiving the extra chevrons in all towns where the SG bonus preciously applied. The fake upgrade option still remained though.

This may have something to do with the global benefits of multiple and/or higher tier SGs applying incorrectly across the faction.

The Ostermark AI is obsessed with Mordheim. It attacks it constantly with armies that are much too weak to actually take the city from the powerful rebel stack that sits there. It just gets its soldiers and generals killed for no good reason.

Talic's Avatar Libertus

I'm just going to add this same post here too:
    Now both CoW 1.5 and 1.6 crash the moment you start the game, I don't even get to main menu!

This is the error report for CoW 1.5:

Code:
    12:16:24.211 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    12:16:24.212 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep  5 2014 version development ===
    12:16:24.253 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    12:16:24.284 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    12:16:24.321 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    12:16:24.392 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    12:16:24.437 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    12:16:24.460 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    12:16:24.487 [system.io] [always] mounted pack mods/call_of_warhammer/packs/data.pack
    12:16:25.115 [system.io] [always] mounted pack mods/call_of_warhammer/packs/localized.pack
    12:16:29.623 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    And this is for Cow 1.6:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uxq3h5cfxhxcylr/M2TW.system.log2.rar

I've reinstalled Steam version of the Medieval 2 Kingdoms, reinstalled both mods and still not working. Yesterday both mods worked and I only had trouble with 1.6 campaign.

Ok so I started Orc WAAAGH! campaign and got to turn 3 and tried to save and this happens:

00:35:45.785 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/RodG16/data/descr_transition_screen.txt (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)00:35:45.785 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/RodG16/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    00:35:45.786 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/RodG16/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds
    00:35:45.786 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/RodG16/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    00:35:45.786 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/RodG16/mods/RodG16/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga
    00:35:45.786 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/RodG16/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds,,not found
    00:35:45.786 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/RodG16/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    00:35:45.786 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/RodG16/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga,262188
    00:35:45.786 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/RodG16/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    00:35:46.813 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/RodG16/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    00:35:46.814 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/RodG16/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds
    00:35:46.814 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/RodG16/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    00:35:46.814 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/RodG16/mods/RodG16/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga
    00:35:46.815 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/RodG16/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds,,not found
    00:35:46.815 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/RodG16/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    00:35:46.815 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/RodG16/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga,262162
    00:35:46.815 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/RodG16/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    00:35:47.144 [system.rpt] [error] Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over!

Somebady HELP!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678