Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Version 1.6 Beta Test Bug Reports

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Version 1.6 Beta Test Bug Reports

"Legio VII" is hard coded font as opposed to the Cyrillic font. If you do not have CUF files (data\font) that can display that then you end up with no text at all. You require translated text (data\text) files.

Thank you for your answer. I don't have that much of a problem reading names of units and buildings in Cyrillic so for that I don't need a translation (I have already used English text files for menus as they wouldn't show properly). I also don't want to lose names and descriptions of any new units.

And I don't have font directory (with CUF files) in data, neither in 1.6 neither in your 1.5.1. If that would help, where can I get it?

Figured out I can use some English text files (like menu, shared) without CTDs, but if I copy all the text files from ROTG text directory to 1.6 text directory I get a CTD. I would still like to have all in order in Cyrillic but if that is not possible, I will settle for a English/Russian combination. The important thing is to play the game

Blog Entries

That will help, do not replace the historic_events file as a missing entry here will always cause a crash when the related event fires.

Thanks. I copied most of the files, expect buildings, units, events and similar. Everything works OK

Blog Entries

Great to hear, enjoy the game.

i made two campaings dwarfs and chaos dwarfs and at turn 117 the is blocking i cant pass this turn ,117 turns without a crash what to do to fix this?

So this isn really a bug report, but a report of my sylvania campaign. I played till turn 26, then i can't play anymore due to the fact, that my faction got annihilated. lol
    I spectated no bugs or crashes, atm I play as Talabecland, turn 10, no bugs yet.

Libertus

This is my report on the current version of 1.6.10 as refference i will mention my instalation path as it may have been the reason why i have some issues with this current patch: 1.5.1 CoW (original version without fixes) -> 1.6 -> 1.6.8 ( with english voicemod fix provided by WhiffofGrapeshot and english translations provided by jimbomen95 ) -> 1.6.10 ( provided by Vossie ). Here i will focus on two of the campaigns i've spent most time on first as Reikland and second as Khorne.

As Reikland i played for 91 turns. Scipts that i've had issues with:
    -Mercenary scripts didnt take away money from my treasury when i acepted them and they were triggering even if i didnt have almost any money, i could acept them and all i had to pay for were the unit upkeeps that came along ( no matter how much money i had it didnt take away any of it upon acepting them)
    -Capturing other empire settlements that have fallen to enemy factions activated the script to warn me of unrests, money and recruitment ability loss which all work as inteded. Returning them would grant me some cash reward. However if the faction that i was supposed to return the captured settlement to would be destroyed before i am able to return it to them, the script would stop working, however i would still lose the recruitment ability in that settlement forever ( only agents are recruitable ).
    -Chaos Undivided had only a short notification of happening. The biggest issue came as it was of much weaker inpact then before as if the stacks didnt spawn as intended. Only 5 stacks spawned that had scripted (teleporting) movement: http://i.imgur.com/aIftXoC.jpg . Archaon spawned in top right corner of the map with 2 more stacks seemingly stuck. Also he became the faction leader of Chaos Undivided but both his icon and name werent as they were supposed to be:http://i.imgur.com/AHb7Oir.jpg , http://i.imgur.com/rFZh3Q9.jpg . The 5 mil cash boost they recieveed plumeted really fast down to zero: http://i.imgur.com/kbIkOVB.jpg .
    -Beastmen and Ork attack scripts that usually activates during early turns (turns 10-40+) that are supposed to attacky my (player=Reikland) settlements never happend so i was able to have free reign over the surrounding areas. In addition very few other empire cities were attacked by scripts ( Averland, Striland and Wisseland werent attackd at all by scripts ).
    -After i captured Marienburg the script where a small army (forgot the name of general) joins your faction didnt activate, i tested this a couple of times with save files and it never activated.
    -Old scripts such as Faction restoration, capturing Blood Keep, special units arrival all worked as intended (except the one mentioned above).
    -Population script is not affecting AI settlement, it does say that they have 0% growth however at the start of each turn their population actually grows. This causes some rabellion issues for them and the AI cannot really handle it well.

Bugs non script related:
    -On first turn in capital cities (Empire factions) it is impossible to recruit almost anything except agents and in my example as Reikland for example only 2 elite knight units are recruitabe. On 2nd turn all recruitable units would appear but all of them are on recruitment cooldown ( recr. pool refreshing ).
    -Recruitment of units in pressence of buildings that provide bonus expirience upon recruitment dont work as intended. When a unit is recruited for example in Altdorf it would have no bonus expirience. This requires a said unit to be re-recruited which sometimes doesnt work at all ( seemingly at random times it will work and grant unit the expirience it should have the very first time it was recruited ). Some units do gain expirience upon recruitment without the requirement of re-recruitment ( some, not all low tier units do gain exp ). All of this applies for weapons and armor upgrades.

As Khorne i played for 51 turs, my main intention was to see new Chaos Undivided event.
    Not much to say in regards to scripts, the new script where you are awarded money for winning in battles really helps out the otherwise poor Chaos economy and is a great welcome. As far as i figured it out Chaos Undivided activates once you capture 15 regions and have captured all of Northen Watelands. 5 million extra money and 5 stacks will appear on the south end of Chaos Realm and all faction reqcruitment becomes available, pretty awesome. In addition all other Chaos factions will be destroyed and asimulated into your own faction.

Bugs that happen in all campaigns:
    -Factions missing their banners/icons during end turn ( they are swapped by buidling construction button for the faction i am playing with : http://i.imgur.com/aL1LYgC.jpg ) and in faction rankings tab ( they are missing / unclickable ). This happened to me even during 1.6.8. Those factions are Skaven, Norsca, Tomb Kings and all 4 Chaos Factions ( Chaos Undivided have their icon when they are formed ).
    -Skaven retaliation script where they try to retake their lairs. If i for example capture their lair and leave very few units inside it, once Skaven spawn to retake it they would besiege it and once they are supposed to attack they would lift the siege and start running back to their capital with very limited movement, one field per turn. They will only attack if i leave considerable army inside it, i tested this multiple times.
    -Skaven stacks spawning relentlessly. Sometimes Skaven would gain way too much army over short period of times at some Lairs: http://i.imgur.com/LaJm7uU.jpg .

Bonus: I feel like Reikland AI should gain some extra help as in many of my playthoughs they would get obliterated really early by Beastmen: http://i.imgur.com/QAok0pZ.jpg . Perhaps drasticly boosting the economy of all AI's would be the smartest way to go as they go broke really fast at the start of campaign and then they struggle alot to recover.

In the end i would like to say thanks to our amazing modders for providing us with the ability to beta test this masterpiece of mod. I will continue playing with those two factions and will report if i find something drasticly odd.

Libertus

I will use this picture album to reference my proggress http://imgur.com/a/TNSZY .

First picture showcases the Vampire ressurection script. It activates suddenly with no warning and they attack upon their spawn. Once they took my settlement instead of keeping it they left it and made it belog instantly to rabels, destroying ALL possible buildings in process. Then they had to retake it once gain.

Third picture is just a proof of population script not working for the AI, they managed to upgrade a settlement to higher level (all AI settlements grow constantly). I will mention again that the population growth is really messing with AI making litteraly all of their settlements riot once the late game is reached.

I took fourth picture to showcase the Chaos Invasion army spawn and then the following picture to show their movement. Sixth picture is of Archaon, i wanted to see his traits and he seems to be just another generic general with few extra hit-points.

Beastmen ressurection scripts is shown on the next picture. Some of those stacks contain 2 units of Minotaurs. I should mention that ALL stacks mentioned from above pictures have 3 golden expirience on all of their units.

Eight picture is of new Grimgor invasion rout. They move towards Middenland and Middenhiem. After these events another Vampire ressurection script activated with exactly the same armies as shown previosly.

Ninth picture shows a second invasion force approaching, i actually dont remember this existing before. They constantly kept getting new stacks that obliterated Kislev, however the only reason that they still alive is due to their lost settlements rioting and switching control back to them and then they can hold off couple of stacks with Garrison scripts which seem to trigger again and again after each attack.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Weird, as population growth is not a script but a hard setting on the settlement_mechanics.xml if I recall correctly that affects the whole game, so it should be technically impossible for the AI population to grow.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Blog Entries

Population will grow unless you have zero fertility set in descr_regions and disabled all growth bonuses in EDB buildings. The grain trade resource provides a growth bonus as well. The entries in descr_settlement_mechanics are multipliers of the above base values, setting them to zero without taking care of the above will only reduce default growth but not stop it.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Uh... so I guess the mod team didn't take those into account yet?
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Blog Entries

Haven't checked (haven't got patch 1.6 applied at the moment). It's the number above the religion line in descr_regions.

Edit: fertility level 3 with vanilla was usually able to reach the last settlement level and remain stable. 5 was guaranteed to riot, unless you have half a stack of army units in there, if you build all levels of farms (alexandria).
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 21, 2015 at 07:00 AM.

Hey there, I have been having issues with the mod. When I try to start it as an administrator, a bash script pops up for a sec then disapears. Then I get a little error window titled "CA_LIBS with a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it. When I run it as a user, the window doesn't fill the whole screen and I am able to start campaigns (custom battles are fine though), I will select a faction press start, and the game will crash. Both the windowing issue and the campaign issue also happened when I installed the stainless steel mod, however, that was fixed by running as administrator, and when I do that here, It crashes as i describe above.
    Thanks for your help

Blog Entries

window - in the game's video option set the strat map resolution to your desktop's resolution
    CA Libs - points to a faulty installation (error with CFG file) unless run as admin

Run the virtual store fix from step 3 and delete the medieval ii total war directory in the virtual store, the re-install. Are you installing the RodG version or the CoW one?
    If it still fails provide a compressed log (medieval ii total war\logs folder)

Hey guys!

Maybe this one isn't a bug but a gameplay mechanic based happening - I can't tell, because I cant read russian.

So here's the situation: I'm playing as Ostland for several turns right now. I'm trying to keep two more or less fullstack armies to defend Salkaten against invading Chaos troops. Then it comes as usual: Bad harvest, financial ruin, rioting peasants (okay, no rioting peasants, they do like their overlords quite well). But as my neighbours are overrunned by Beastmen, Chaos Invaders or Rebels, I think there's a way out of the misery. So I take one of my armies and conquer as hell. Since then several messages on Russian language appear. They dont seem to be translated througout the last translation patch as far as I can see and as said before: I cant read 'em.

So ignored them and things go well for some time, when I suddenly recognize that my financial report tells me that I should have an income about 11k or so and my actual financial status is like -50k and it wont go up. I'm not sure if I read it right somewhere here in the forum but there has been something mentioned like I have to give Empire cities (no matter the occuying faction) back to their respective owners. Did I get this right? And if: would it be possible that in an upcoming translation patch this event message could be translated? This would be so nice.

Hi guys, found some possible bug(s). I have been attacking towns that beastmen held, and on some I am unable to build the structures needed for other things. For example, I have a Large Town that cannot build military units, even though I have built town militia, blacksmith, and practice range. I can continue to develop it with adding armorer and such, but no matter what I cannot add the structure. There are several towns/cities that are falling into this category, in early game all the settlements progresses normally, but by summer of IC 2516 I have noticed this becoming the norm.

On a related note, if the progression is already beyond, prior missing structures will not be available. For example, Leather tanner>blacksmith>weapon smith/armorer>heavy armorer...etc, I have gotten towns that have blacksmith, but no leather tanner and no way of building it. or armorer and leather tanner but no black smith option.

The new English patch, is it for new games only? I am not seeing any differences, skaven names are still in Russian, beginning round messages in blue are still in Russian as well.

Skaven auto spawn, I thought for that to happen Skavens would have to build their version of the road(tunnel icon), I took Rat Rock within the first 7 turns playing Rikeland, the skavens did not build any road to Rat Rock, and still they spawn.

Lastly, in my first play, when the storm of chaos message comes out, it said it was going after Karaz-a-Karak, I wasn't too concern as its not Middenheim, soon the random horde spawns onto the empire, if I don't defend the target, does the game just end? I clicked next turn, it show the battle target somewhere in the dwarf area, and showed Prince Wolfgang was to engage, except wolfgang was no where near KAK and then no matter what selection, manual or auto resolve battle, the icon just spins and wont move.

https://www.mediafire.com/?0swcw9jwm6t88o5

Hello, so i get the error "Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over! Closing the gates to save our souls!"
    Please check my log above.

Blog Entries

I am afraid it's the fatal 'animation' crash - it appears to be hardware\system related and is fatal. No solution has been found yet.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast